John McCain bad for UAW jobs!

homerhero

When Clinton was in office I could work 14hrs a day and 7days a week.

It might have something to do with the start of lax credit rules that gained momentum during Clintons administration. People started using there homes as ATM's therefore giving them money they didn't have to buy things that kept everybody working.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might have something to do with the start of lax credit rules that gained momentum during Clintons administration. People started using there homes as ATM's therefore giving them money they didn't have to buy things that kept everybody working.

I agree and that happened a lot in Michigan, but is that Clintons fault or the adult that chose to use there home as an ATM?

Think that is good. Mc Lame says that each state should be able to set their own fuel efficiency standards

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID...NEWS15/80718037

Sounds like a great idea to me :doh:

At least Obama is smart enough not to speil his industry-killing proposals to the audience that he is speaking to at the moment.

1. We have 50 + blends now, what's the difference?

2. That's the way it should be, "states powers".

The man is unelectable because he has no experience.He's going into a gun fight with a switch blade.He learned early in life that he's a smooth talker and has the ability to convince people to believe in a lie.

For crying out loud why cant people see through this guy.

Well, by your logic, we should change the Constitution and keep Bush in office.

Do you realize that in the 232 years that we have been a nation that we have only had one president who was not a white anglo-saxon protestant? And he was shot. What have they done for us? They sure know how to take care of themselves.

A vote for McCain is four more years of the same crap. If your happy with that, then vote for him.

A vote for Obama is a leap of faith. Personally, I believe this country is going to collapse if we don't try something different.

But the real question is why did our republican leader let gas get to this point? When he took office it was $1.52, maybe he should have become proactive when it double at $3.04. I'm all for drilling this will help the Bush family get even richer, and when fuel is still $4 a gallon a mth after the first drill goes in I want to know how the republicans will spin that? When Clinton was in office I could work 14hrs a day and 7days a week.

Gas prices have soared since the Democrats took over Congress two years ago. They don't want to drill in ANWR, they don't want to drill offshore, they don't want to burn coal, they don't want nuclear power. They want to raise taxes on the oil companies. They won't allow the construction of new refineries. They admit that they think we should be paying the same as the Europeans ($8-$10 a gallon). They are right about it will take years after the first drill goes in to see the oil but if Clinton hadn't vetoed drilling in Alaska we would have a lot of oil from there instead of a bunch of capped wells. It doesn't take that long to see a reduction in pump prices because the way that futures are sold as soon as the market thinks there will be more supply and less demand the price will drop.

With any job that a person applies for they want at least 4 years experience, when my children graduated from college all the well paying jobs wanted 4 to sometimes 6 or 10 years experience. How does the minimal experience that Obama brings to the table qualify him to be President? Regardless of his race he comes across as a smooth talker, no quality in his speeches just quantity. All the politicians just say what the group in front of them want to hear. Neither one of these guys are going to be good for the American people, much less the Automotive companies. We are all in trouble regardless of who takes the office. Myself I'd vote for Lou Dobbs in a heart beat. Good Luck to us all harder times are ahead of us all.

Obama's run community outreach programs! He served a little longer in Congress before running for president than John Kerry spent in Vietnam! I can't seem to find any legislation he thought up and got passed but he must have done something.

Gas prices have soared since the Democrats took over Congress two years ago. They don't want to drill in ANWR, they don't want to drill offshore, they don't want to burn coal, they don't want nuclear power. They want to raise taxes on the oil companies. They won't allow the construction of new refineries. They admit that they think we should be paying the same as the Europeans ($8-$10 a gallon). They are right about it will take years after the first drill goes in to see the oil but if Clinton hadn't vetoed drilling in Alaska we would have a lot of oil from there instead of a bunch of capped wells. It doesn't take that long to see a reduction in pump prices because the way that futures are sold as soon as the market thinks there will be more supply and less demand the price will drop.

It blows my mind that UAW members are willing to sacrifice their jobs just to vote republican. But just like 04 Gay marriage is more important to them then their jobs.

If John Mcain wins and Ford needs loans to survive he’s already stated he will not help.

I remember after 9-11 all the republican wonks said, “thank God Bush won can u image if Al Gore had won?” Yes can you imagine no war in Iraq, lower deficit spending etc. etc…..

Without Clinton signing it into law it would not of been possible.

So once again we don't hold adults responsible for there actions, you sign on the line you are responsible to pay it back end of story!! Also could you show me the law, or let me know the name of it?

ok mule i will give u this the dems dont want any drilling ,nuclear..etc..etc...but if u think the republicans are not equally or more responsible for this mess then u r kidding yourself :banghead: when is the last time u were rationed any gas or diesel????? i have not been given any rationing coupons . yet gas diesel still rises!!!! there is no shortage :censored: refineries.ha ha ha.... the oil companies have no interest in building any new refineries....they have the price right where they want it.thanks to the oil men in the white house and the lax rules on speculators the american people are being raped!!!! thats my rant for today...when there is a true shortage then maybe there is a issue... peace out :reading:

So why did Bush give the oil industry a $14,000,000,000 tax break last year, i thought that was to improve themselves yet they didn't!!!! So taking back that TAX BREAK isn't raising there taxes!!!!!! Again I agree drill drill drill but when it takes 7 to 10yrs to get any usable fuel out, I don't want to hear one excuse to why fuel prices don't fall the day after the frist drill goes in!!

So if your blaming congress for the last two years, you must have loved the Clinton years considering congress was run by republicans the last 6yrs of his term.

But the real question is why did our republican leader let gas get to this point? When he took office it was $1.52, maybe he should have become proactive when it double at $3.04. I'm all for drilling this will help the Bush family get even richer, and when fuel is still $4 a gallon a month after the first drill goes in I want to know how the republicans will spin that? When Clinton was in office I could work 14hrs a day and 7days a week.

I would like to know how they are gonna spin it also.If it goes to $6 a gallon,I want to know how the dems will spin that also.Thats why I said why cant we drill AND switch to hydrogen or something in the near future.

What many BON forum posters are always thinking......

Hummmm... What candidate will do the most for me is who will get my vote. :happy feet:

Evey candidate understands how shortsighted, selfish and ignorant the general public is... and that's why they have to "whore" their campaign out to everyone in order to get votes.

When voting, please think long term... not short term.

I'm sure either one will do the best they can. :ohsnap:

Well if all are happy with the way this country is being run now, vote for McCain, as for my self I am fed up with Bush economics, now they come up with this BS drilling hoping people fall for this shit and vote for McCain, just check the stats most of all the oil we drill now is sold to China and India at a lower cost than we pay for Saudi oil, we import just as much as we export look at were the trade deficit is compared to 10 years ago simply because the products we import cost more than the products we export, just like beef we are one of the largest beef growers in the world so why in the hell do we sell are beef to Saudi Arabia and buy beef from Japan and what about grain an OPEC country can buy it for less than we can. I say lets have some fair trade they want $140.00 for oil then they can buy a bushel of corn for $140.00 I know this will never happen no matter who is elected but McCain is no different than Bush on trade and our jobs they are slowly turning our great land into a third world country.

So yeah I'm a 41 year old white male married with three kids that’s voting for Obama and will proudly place his sign in my yard I'm not foolish enough to play into the hands of the Republican party, people need to vote their interests and one of ours is the UAW and keeping jobs for our kids and generations to come.

Damn good points, my Brother!!! But at the same time let's not forget it's the Congress that makes the laws, and they've been white-washed by the U.N. and they are the ones that are doing their damndest to turn this Great Country into a third-world country like from where most of them come from. We need someone who will uphold OUR Constitution for OUR People and NOT make laws that have ANY influence from Other countries. Let the man who wins the Presidency remember the United States first, whoever he may be.

We already have seen Mr. McCain in Columbia pushing to further free-trade and spouting out jibberish there and other South American countries, so he's not the one that represents the American worker, so lets wait a little and see where Obama wants to take it, just remember, though, Bill Clinton campaigned against NAFTA and then less that 3 months in office HE put it on the 'fast-track' to get it passed. They all suck!!!

Think about why President Bill Clinton changed his mind.... Then read what the general public said about Pres Lincoln and others when they made tough decisions that affected the people living....

Again... It's about the long term,,, not the short term

It blows my mind that UAW members are willing to sacrifice their jobs just to vote republican. But just like 04 Gay marriage is more important to them then their jobs.

If John Mcain wins and Ford needs loans to survive he’s already stated he will not help.

I remember after 9-11 all the republican wonks said, “thank God Bush won can u image if Al Gore had won?” Yes can you imagine no war in Iraq, lower deficit spending etc. etc…..

Stop whining! We had no choice but to invade Iraq, they can nuclear wea.....what, no nuclear? ok then, because they had biolo....huh, none of those either? Well, we knew for a fact that they had chemical stockpile.....you're kidding? They didn't have that either? *sigh*

OK, stop frigging whining! We had to invade Iraq because Hussein was a dick!

I'm sorry, I have children. My main concern is not Ford Motor Company, but it is my immediate concern. My main concern is the future of this country and what we will be leaving our children and grandchildren. McCain's old ass could care less about what happens in 20 years BECAUSE HE WILL BE DEAD!

Obama in 08'!

So once again we don't hold adults responsible for there actions, you sign on the line you are responsible to pay it back end of story!! Also could you show me the law, or let me know the name of it?

We do hold them responsible just like we should hold the banks responsible. Let people lose there homes and let banks fail.

Look up Phil Gramm, he was bad news for this country. The man should be in jail.

Phil Gramm

Gramm spearheaded efforts to pass banking reform laws, including the landmark Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act in 1999, which modernized Depression-era laws separating banking, insurance and brokerage activities. Between 1995 and 2000 Gramm, who was the chairman of the U.S. Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, received $1,000,914 in campaign contributions from the Securities & Investment industry.[1]

Gramm was one of five co-sponsors of the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000[3]. One provision of the bill was referred to as the "Enron loophole" because Gramm drafted it in cooperation with lobbyists for Enron Corporation. Critics blame the provision for permitting the Enron scandal to occur.[4] At the time, Gramm's wife was on Enron's board of directors.

Go McCain, doing what's best for himseld and buisness.

While advising the McCain campaign, Gramm was being paid by UBS to lobby Congress about the U.S. mortgage crisis. During this time, "the mortgage industry pressed Congress to roll back strong state rules that sought to stem the rise of predatory tactics used by lenders and brokers to place homeowners in high-cost mortgages."[

Again I agree drill drill drill but when it takes 7 to 10yrs to get any usable fuel out, I don't want to hear one excuse to why fuel prices don't fall the day after the frist drill goes in!!

Actually there could be oil within a year from a couple sites off Californias shores.

So if your blaming congress for the last two years, you must have loved the Clinton years considering congress was run by republicans the last 6yrs of his term.

Actually I did, I think that when either party gets control of both congress and the White House we're screwed because both parties are run by the extreme wings of the party and when they get complete control they push the most radical parts of their agenda through.

Right now the west coast greens have a lot more influence on the Dems than autoworkers do.

I would like to know how they are gonna spin it also.If it goes to $6 a gallon,I want to know how the dems will spin that also.Thats why I said why cant we drill AND switch to hydrogen or something in the near future.

We need to do it all! You're not going to see very many solar powered or windmill cars on the road anytime soon so if we want the US auto industry to survive then we need to increase the supply of gas.

1. We have 50 + blends now, what's the difference?

2. That's the way it should be, "states powers".

1) The difference? California's proposal is a lot different than simply putting different additives in gasoline. Califorina is proposing selling cars that essentially do not exist, consumers do not want to buy, and if they do, it will severely limit sales and destroy what is left of the auto industry. It would be simillar to having each state determine the food ingredients that would be placed in a can of Pringles or a bottle of Pepsi. Imagine the complexity and cost of this; it is exponentially greater for the auto industry.

2) In this case, the states powers will be trumped by the interstate commernce clause of the US constitution.

1) The difference? California's proposal is a lot different than simply putting different additives in gasoline. Califorina is proposing selling cars that essentially do not exist, consumers do not want to buy, and if they do, it will severely limit sales and destroy what is left of the auto industry. It would be simillar to having each state determine the food ingredients that would be placed in a can of Pringles or a bottle of Pepsi. Imagine the complexity and cost of this; it is exponentially greater for the auto industry.

2) In this case, the states powers will be trumped by the interstate commernce clause of the US constitution.

Dude, imaginary cars get WAY better gas milage. They run on fairy dust and dreams.