How can you find out if a dealership has an allocation for 09 FEH?

tazjedi

:redcard: It has been now 2 months 12 days since ordering my vehicle. I now see a similar vehicle for sale on E-Bay (only difference is it is missing the side step bars). I also see Hybrids available and being delivered to multiple dealerships in neighboring states (New York, PA, Delaware, MD). Some have them available on there lot. I hate being impatent, but I have already put over $1000 in a vehicle I am getting rid of as soon as the new one comes in. I am getting tired of being told it is clean but unscheduled. Should I think of buying out of state just to be able to get the vehicle this year? :censored: Also, if I do that has anyone had any experience in getting a deposit back from a dealership? :finger:

:redcard: It has been now 2 months 12 days since ordering my vehicle. I now see a similar vehicle for sale on E-Bay (only difference is it is missing the side step bars). I also see Hybrids available and being delivered to multiple dealerships in neighboring states (New York, PA, Delaware, MD). Some have them available on there lot. I hate being impatent, but I have already put over $1000 in a vehicle I am getting rid of as soon as the new one comes in. I am getting tired of being told it is clean but unscheduled. Should I think of buying out of state just to be able to get the vehicle this year? :censored: Also, if I do that has anyone had any experience in getting a deposit back from a dealership? :finger:

Maybe I should go order a Toyota. May cost more, but atleast they could get it to me before the summer is over. I think Ford should really consider a tracking system from time of order placement.

Not to disregard your burden because I feel for you in your wait but how does a tracking system do anything to lessen your time waiting? All of our vehicles will arrive when they arrive. Once we place an order there is little anyone can do to speed that process up. Has your dealership cashed your deposit check? If not, simply cancel the check and go to another dealer. If they have I would ask them for your check back unless they can escalate and produce a VIN for you. If you get your VIN, great...now you are waiting like the other people. If they cannot give you a VIN and give you your money back then go to another dealership and see if you can find a speedier route. Again, not trying to make light of the matter but simply asking for a tracking system does not fix the issue of waiting for a vehicle. I have light at the end of my tunnel so I know it is easy to say this from my standpoint but I was once in your situation too. I did keep in contact with my dealership...and I actually have a pretty good relationship with my salesman...so it eventually worked out. Things will get better and your vehicle will get built. Unfortunately the process of ordering a high demand, low production vehicle is not a painless one. Good luck!

When did ther dealer tell you the vehicle would be delivered? Seems like every FEH takes at least 12 weeks to deliver.

I don't think the delaer would give you a hard time about your deposit. He can sell the vehicle in a heartbeat when it comes in.

When did ther dealer tell you the vehicle would be delivered? Seems like every FEH takes at least 12 weeks to deliver.

I don't think the delaer would give you a hard time about your deposit. He can sell the vehicle in a heartbeat when it comes in.

Unfortunately I have not been given a clear date yet. 12 Weeks that would mean I should be getting delivery in about 2-3 weeks. We are at the start of week 11 since I placed the order. I would not feel so bad if other dealers did not have similar vehicles already sitting in stock to be purchased. If I could find one just like I ordered then I would think about asking for the deposit and going to another dealer. Sorry to sound upset, but I think there should be some fairness and knowledge around ordering. Maybe more information would ease the pain of waiting and allow for us to be able to not check every couple of days, but instead go my vehicle will be in on this date or this week.

Unfortunately I have not been given a clear date yet. 12 Weeks that would mean I should be getting delivery in about 2-3 weeks. We are at the start of week 11 since I placed the order. I would not feel so bad if other dealers did not have similar vehicles already sitting in stock to be purchased. If I could find one just like I ordered then I would think about asking for the deposit and going to another dealer. Sorry to sound upset, but I think there should be some fairness and knowledge around ordering. Maybe more information would ease the pain of waiting and allow for us to be able to not check every couple of days, but instead go my vehicle will be in on this date or this week.

With apologies to Ted Koppel: "Escape held hostage, day 100"

(do the math by subtracting 4/21/2008 from todays date)

For the "criminally curious" among you, stick this in your PowerShell and smoke it :stats:

# compute various intervals since I ordered my 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid Limited

[system.DateTime] $orderDate = New-Object -TypeName System.DateTime -ArgumentList 2008,4,21

[system.DateTime] $firstScheduleDate = New-Object -TypeName System.DateTime -ArgumentList 2008,5,15

[system.DateTime] $firstProductionDate = New-Object -TypeName System.DateTime -ArgumentList 2008,6,23

[system.DateTime] $todaysDate = [system.DateTime]::Today

[int] $daysSinceOrderDate = ($todaysDate - $orderDate).TotalDays

[int] $daysSinceFirstScheduleDate = ($todaysDate - $firstScheduleDate).TotalDays

[int] $daysSinceFirstProductionDate = ($todaysDate - $firstProductionDate).TotalDays

Write-Host "Days since order placed: $daysSinceOrderDate"

Write-Host "Days since first 2009 vehicle scheduled: $daysSinceFirstScheduleDate"

Write-Host "Days since first 2009 vehicle produced: $daysSinceFirstProductionDate"

The output from the above is:

Days since order placed: 100

Days since first 2009 vehicle scheduled: 76

Days since first 2009 vehicle produced: 37

Edited by fmorriso

Now, now, akirby!

If there is one in another dealer's lot, go get your deposit back and buy that one. Otherwise, since you see other dealers are getting them in, be patient.

Good luck!

Yeah, patience only lasts so long since I have already put $1000+ in repairs on a vehicle I am trading in. Oh well I guess it will be worth it when the new vehicle is here and it is exactly what I ordered. Look forward to getting the new 09 FEHL.

Yeah, patience only lasts so long since I have already put $1000+ in repairs on a vehicle I am trading in. Oh well I guess it will be worth it when the new vehicle is here and it is exactly what I ordered. Look forward to getting the new 09 FEHL.

Sorry - my rant wasn't directed at you. You're being fairly reasonable.

You're trying to buy a vehicle that's in very short supply and your dealer has allocation problems. Shut up and wait, find another dealer(s) or go buy a Prius.

Criticism noted, but totally ignored. You may crawl back into whatever hole you dragged yourself out of. :stop:

Grin we still have not answered the original topic question. How DO you find out if a dealer has 'allocation'? It's is a question I'm interested in learning the answer to. I've asked my dealer and the response was 'oh thats not an issue in this case". I didn't think about it until the drive home that day that he really did not directly answer my question.

Grin we still have not answered the original topic question. How DO you find out if a dealer has 'allocation'? It's is a question I'm interested in learning the answer to. I've asked my dealer and the response was 'oh thats not an issue in this case". I didn't think about it until the drive home that day that he really did not directly answer my question.

Generally, the larger dealerships are more likely to get allocations than a smaller one (well, that's what two dealerships told me and they were both large). A salesman tells you, "Yes I have will have allocations" but there is no way of knowing if he's flat out lying or being too optimistic about their chances. I don't know if anyone will have a full proof answer to this question. The only way I can help is - if you are still looking for a FEH/FEHL and are living within the KC area, Southern CA, area or are out of state and willing to go the extra mile(s) for this vehicle, then try these places:

http://www.mossyford.com/new-inventory/veh...0a9901366bc3d15

http://www.garycrossleyford.com/New-Inventory.aspx

No running around and playing an allocation or waiting game. They're in stock now.

Taz,

Since you've started a few threads on this and I don't feel like looking through them to see if you answered my question in the past.... When you ordered your FEH, what date did the dealership give you as an estimated delivery timeframe?

Criticism noted, but totally ignored. You may crawl back into whatever hole you dragged yourself out of. :stop:

So you'd rather whine about it incessantly on the internet? How is that going to help?

State franchise laws prevent Ford from selling vehicles directly to the public and until that happens you're at the mercy of the dealer and the dealer's allocation.

Taz,

Since you've started a few threads on this and I don't feel like looking through them to see if you answered my question in the past.... When you ordered your FEH, what date did the dealership give you as an estimated delivery timeframe?

Honestly, the only way I've known of is to simply ask the sales managers. They usually answer me with specific numbers. Unfortunately, I can't say that would happen everywhere, though.

:doh: My solution to the question is wait 4 months after you order and if it comes in then he had allocation, because you will never get the straight 100 % honest answer.

But seriously, my dealer, and friend, told me back in early May that it would be Mid to Late August delivery, that has changed some, now being told Late August build with September to October delivery.

The regional rep gave plenty of wiggle room with the 8 week window for delivery built into the promise, we all know from KC to Toledo Ohio is about a week tops, my last Ford from Louisville up to Toledo was 7 days from build to purchase day.

So when it comes in, hopefully the first week of September, the store and the regional guy looks like they did something spectacular, but I know they had nothing to do with it, but thats alright.

I will be looking at hopefully 15-16 weeks after order date, which is only 3-4 weeks off of original predictions.

I'll say it again, these vehicle's are hot, and its just the way it is in regards to waiting, I waited just short of 7 months for my 2000 Super Duty Powerstroke Crew Cab 4x4 back when they were the hot item, now you have a pick of 100 of them sitting on the lot, 8 years ago you were happy to test drive one on the lot.

I wil say though that the F I F O memo that got mass emailed to all stores a couple weeks ago is hogwash.

If the only orders that Ford is taking are customer specific retail orders with names attached to them, how are some West Coast stores actually having ones to sit on the lot and orders from back in April and May scattered around the country (like mine) do not even have VIN's yet ?

So I do see where some are coming from, maybe by chance some stores just happened to place the orders back in April for specific customers and they all backed out.

One thing for sure is you won't get the 100 % true answer.

Generally, the larger dealerships are more likely to get allocations than a smaller one (well, that's what two dealerships told me and they were both large). A salesman tells you, "Yes I have will have allocations" but there is no way of knowing if he's flat out lying or being too optimistic about their chances. I don't know if anyone will have a full proof answer to this question.

While larger dealerships might have more allocations, they also tend to have more customer competing for that allocation.

I would ask to have a copy of the DORA for your order. That will have your priority on it. Even nothing else, it will tell you were in the dealer's own queue, you stand.

some stores just happened to place the orders back in April for specific customers and they all backed out.

Mossy Ford has 6 FEH's on the lot right now. Hmmm...I wonder if those "specific customers" ever existed.

I call Shenanigans! :redcard:

I think FoMoCo needs to investigate this as possible fraud and spank these dealerships :finger:

:stirpot:

Hey Walt,

What date did that F.I.F.O. memo come out?

Mossy Ford has 6 FEH's on the lot right now. Hmmm...I wonder if those "specific customers" ever existed.

I think FoMoCo needs to investigate this as possible fraud and spank these dealerships :finger:

Hey Walt,

Today is the second ETA I've been given for my FEH to arive at my dealer (original date 7/14/08). Although the day is young, I have my doubts it will arrive as the dealer does not seem able to get any information about my FEH from the transport company. I don't want to "rant", but when you see dealers with several on their lots and customers waiting for VIN #, delivery, etc. it just feels good to get it off your chest. :banghead: I guess the train just hasn't made it to the northwest yet!

Hey Walt,

I thought all FEH's produced now had to be for a customer order? I also think this stinks of something.

Edited by mmdlcab

Taz,

Unfortunately they didn't...