So with the F-100 program cancelled

Monroe B Gone

The F-100 program cancelled makes one wonder what is in store for MTP?? All the hype of retooling the truck plants for cars was a lot of smoke and mirrors. Sure they will be building body's for the focus to feed wayne Assy, but thats just a band-aid and short term fix. Wayne is the only plant to get a new product here in the USA the rest goes South of the border and North of the border. There will be an awfull large amount of people sitting in JSP and PLO for quite a long time. IMOHO I bet that the funds will run dry long before contract is over.

The F-100 program cancelled makes one wonder what is in store for MTP?? All the hype of retooling the truck plants for cars was a lot of smoke and mirrors. Sure they will be building body's for the focus to feed wayne Assy, but thats just a band-aid and short term fix. Wayne is the only plant to get a new product here in the USA the rest goes South of the border and North of the border. There will be an awfull large amount of people sitting in JSP and PLO for quite a long time. IMOHO I bet that the funds will run dry long before contract is over.

Who IS this clown???????????

Do you mean cancelled at MTP or cancelled altogether? I thought it was going to DTP. :reading: :reading:

Huh? MTP is being retooled to build C Platform vehicle ala focus based. Word is CMax & Kuga. As for the F100, I've not heard that it's dead but going to DTP. MTP is going to have major downtime which means my hubby & I are going to have to look at each other a whole lot ~sigh~ but MTP has a future, whatever that may mean in the Auto Industry. :shrug:

Who said the F-100 was cancelled? :redcard:

Talk to anyone that was at black lake this week and the Union VP (BK) told the people there for training of the news, and the tool and die plant was informed that the program was cancelled and there would be a HOLE in the workload there. If they can't fill in the void by then. (I'm sure the void will be filled). As far as Louisville lets just see what your new product is. I'll bet it's the Escape. All the small cars are going south of the border with the exception of Wayne Assy. The funny thing though is they are still going forward with the F-250 redesign, not that old of a model and it still looks like a kick ass truck?????? i would wait untill the housing market showed a few months of recovery before investing so much $$$$ on a low milage model. just my 2 cents worth.

Talk to anyone that was at black lake this week and the Union VP (BK) told the people there for training of the news, and the tool and die plant was informed that the program was cancelled and there would be a HOLE in the workload there. If they can't fill in the void by then. (I'm sure the void will be filled). As far as Louisville lets just see what your new product is. I'll bet it's the Escape. All the small cars are going south of the border with the exception of Wayne Assy. The funny thing though is they are still going forward with the F-250 redesign, not that old of a model and it still looks like a kick ass truck?????? i would wait untill the housing market showed a few months of recovery before investing so much $$$$ on a low milage model. just my 2 cents worth.

Ok, talk to anyone at Black Lake, WHO, give me a name. I've said it before, TCAP Ranger will be re-worked and badged as F-100, thats my speculative thought, no one has ANY PROOF :redcard: , all speculation, as usuall :stirpot: . Sit back and enjoy your time off, time will tell all. :reading:

Ok, talk to anyone at Black Lake, WHO, give me a name. I've said it before, TCAP Ranger will be re-worked and badged as F-100, thats my speculative thought, no one has ANY PROOF :redcard: , all speculation, as usuall :stirpot: .

Well my Wild A__ Guess is that the F-100 will be built off of the Explorer/SporTrac chassis !

Not sure which border you are talking about, but Louisville is certainly North of Mexico.

Ford`s most modern Assembly plant in the world is a new facillity built in Brazil.Ford also has plants in China.Canada gets respect because the Canadians stick together and support the CAW.I agree with the general point that Ford like many other USA international corporations is seeking out lower cost labor throughout the world.

Edited by Fatso

Lap isn't going to be building the Escape,they will be retooled for the new global C-Platform. There are 8 different vehicles off that one platform. Now what vehicles they will build, is anybodys guess for now.

Ktp's Super Duty is scheduled for new sheetmetal in MY2011,not sure about the NAV/EXPY updates that will take place in the future at KTP.

• 4 weeks later...

Transit. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Huh? MTP is being retooled to build C Platform vehicle ala focus based. Word is CMax & Kuga. As for the F100, I've not heard that it's dead but going to DTP. MTP is going to have major downtime which means my hubby & I are going to have to look at each other a whole lot ~sigh~ but MTP has a future, whatever that may mean in the Auto Industry. :shrug:

hubby hubby hubby hubby hubby hubby hubby hubby hubby hubby hubby hubby hubby hubby hubby hubby hubby hubby hubby hubby hubby hubby hubby hubby hubby hubby hubby hubby huby hubbyhubbyhubby hbbyu huub hub hhhhhuuubbbbbbbbbbbbbbyyyyy hubby hubby hubby