Nissan's July Truck sales.

Ford??-LOL!

That's the ONLY way they can get them to sell...is to undercut their profit margins and sell them at a loss!! Giving them away... HAHA

And that is going to KILL residual values just like it did for the domestics. Honda was smart not pursuing the large truck and SUV market and sticking with what they do well.

And that is going to KILL residual values just like it did for the domestics. Honda was smart not pursuing the large truck and SUV market and sticking with what they do well.

What do you call the Ridgeline? I mean, yeah, it's not a large truck in the traditional sense, but that's more because it's just an abomination of design than because Honda wasn't intending it to be a legitimate large truck.

What do you call the Ridgeline? I mean, yeah, it's not a large truck in the traditional sense, but that's more because it's just an abomination of design than because Honda wasn't intending it to be a legitimate large truck.

It's a midsized unibody with a V6. I'm talking about large BOF V8s.

I wouldnt mind getting a Frontier NISMO for 40% off MSRP. My friend has an 05. Its a really nice truck and we averaged 23 MPG with it over a 2000 mile roadtrip 2 years ago. He normally averages 18-20 MPG with it.

Oh, and it by far more comfortable than my 2000 B-3000 was.

Wow. Nissan is really moving those trucks with their aggressive and deep discounts. A lot of people are reporting getting Quests, Frontiers, Pathfinder, Xterras and especially Titans for between 30% and 45% off MSRP! You guys think other manufacturers will follow suit and see similar success?

Nissan sales

Where did you see that "a lot of people are reporting.." at? :stats:

45% off MSRP? :ohsnap:

Like I said...it's only excluded because of its lacking design. It was still intended to compete with large trucks.

I don't think Honda had any intention of competing with full size trucks. Ridgeline doesn't have the towing capacity or hauling capacity. I think it was always intended to be a crossover with a bed.

I don't think Honda had any intention of competing with full size trucks. Ridgeline doesn't have the towing capacity or hauling capacity. I think it was always intended to be a crossover with a bed.

It doesn't have the towing capacity and hauling capacity because it has such a compromised design. It didn't stop Honda from comparing it to fullsize trucks in their ad campaign.

It doesn't have the towing capacity and hauling capacity because it has such a compromised design. It didn't stop Honda from comparing it to fullsize trucks in their ad campaign.

I just meant that it wasn't designed to compete with full sized trucks - doesn't stop the marketing folks though.

Apparently it doesn't matter anyway - Ridgeline sales are down 47% last month - almost as bad as F150.

For over 25 years the best selling, most profitable vehicles in the country have been full size pickups so yea Honda was real smart staying out of the market.

It took a combination of $4 gas, collapse of the housing market and a recession at the same time to put he brakes on truck sales.

Edited by F250

For over 25 years the best selling, most profitable vehicles in the country have been full size pickups so yea Honda was real smart staying out of the market.

It took a combination of $4 gas, collapse of the housing market and a recession at the same time to put he brakes on truck sales.

But that doesn't mean Honda could have gained much market share relative to the enormous expense to design, engineer and build a competitive full size truck. How much has Toyota spent on the Tundra just to get 150K-200K units?

Honda is sitting pretty right now compared to Toyota in terms of overall sales and market share because their bread and butter is smaller vehicles with good fuel economy and high quality. Toyota's quest to be #1 and compete in all segments is hurting them right now.

Honda is sitting pretty right now compared to Toyota in terms of overall sales and market share because their bread and butter is smaller vehicles with good fuel economy and high quality. Toyota's quest to be #1 and compete in all segments is hurting them right now.

:huh:

Toyota is ahead of Honda in both of those regards by a pretty substantial margin.