Why McCain would be a mediocre president

Len_A

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a joke. She's eye candy. An empty skirt.

I know it's hard for you guys, but the Rebulicans just one-upped the Dems. I've got to give it to them going after Hillary disgruntled voters. This lady is a Governor, she's run a city government holding executive positions and by being Governor of Alaska, she's the commander-in-chief of it's milita. None of which Obama has done, absolutely no military experience.

I know it's hard for you guys, but the Rebulicans just one-upped the Dems. I've got to give it to them going after Hillary disgruntled voters. This lady is a Governor, she's run a city government holding executive positions and by being Governor of Alaska, she's the commander-in-chief of it's milita. None of which Obama has done, absolutely no military experience.
No, they did not one-up the Democrats. A smarter choice, to one-up the Democrats, would have been Elizabeth Dole or Kay Bailey Hutchison. Either of them have credentials that are not disputable, and in Elizabeth Dole's case, she at least ran for president, and and worked on Bob Dole's presidential campaign.

Her 'city government" executive experience - mayor of a city with a population of 10,000? I live in Westland, Michigan - population of over 86,000. In fact, I don't think the Detroit area has a suburb with a population as low as 10,000. Hell, Canton, Michigan is a charter township and it's population is over 86,000. In most states, mayor of a city of 10,000 isn't politically significant experience. And as Governor of Alaska, in a state with rising oil revenue, due to the rapid increases in crude oil prices, she's had unemployment increase, and that information comes from the state's web site.

So what's the real value of this "experience"?

And use a spell checker, for Christ's sake. It's Republicans, not "Rebulicans " and militia, not "milita"

Edited by Len_A

On principle, this pick is a slap in voters’ faces. It either assumes their stupidity, or exposes a disturbing lack of integrity on McCain’s part. Maybe both.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...9056/&imw=Y

Good post.

She's an empty skirt, like I said earlier. Basically a MILF - a piss poor attempt to pander to some women (anyone point out to McCain yet that most of the female Hillary Clinton supporters were OVER 50?) and eye candy for the clowns that want to bang her. This is one heart beat away from the presidency? Ah...yea...right.

More proof that McCain isn't ready for prime time.

Good post.

She's an empty skirt, like I said earlier. Basically a MILF - a piss poor attempt to pander to some women (anyone point out to McCain yet that most of the female Hillary Clinton supporters were OVER 50?) and eye candy for the clowns that want to bang her. This is one heart beat away from the presidency? Ah...yea...right.

More proof that McCain isn't ready for prime time.

Well lets look at Obama's acomplishments... In the three years he's been in the US senate he's had two bills signed into law:

S. 2125, A bill to promote relief, security, and democracy in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

S. 3757, A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 950 Missouri Avenue in East St. Louis, Illinois, as the “Katherine Dunham Post Office Building.”

Here's a guy that can really get things done :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

http://wasteofmyoxygen.wordpress.com/2008/...-senate-record/

BTW, you really should do a little research on Sarah Palin's accomplishments before you trash her. People like her are exactly what we need in Washington.

Edited by mulewright

No the president signs bills into law.

What are McCain's great accomplishments??????????????????????

Obama's had two bills signed into law not he signed two bills ... look he got his name added to a bunch of bills also but the fact is he hasn't been there. He served 143 days in the US Senate before he started running for president, his resume is very thin but he was a "community organizer" and an Illinois State Senator for 4 years. Both places he accomplished little.

McCain unfortunately acts like a Democrat all too often but...

http://www.votesmart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=53270

Edited by mulewright

Well lets look at Obama's acomplishments... In the three years he's been in the US senate he's had two bills signed into law:

S. 2125, A bill to promote relief, security, and democracy in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

S. 3757, A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 950 Missouri Avenue in East St. Louis, Illinois, as the "Katherine Dunham Post Office Building."

Here's a guy that can really get things done :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

http://wasteofmyoxygen.wordpress.com/2008/...-senate-record/

BTW, you really should do a little research on Sarah Palin's accomplishments before you trash her. People like her are exactly what we need in Washington.

Her accomplishments are nil. She has no base of support in the Republican Party, as she's a complete unknown. I dislike Cheney, but his years of Washington, DC experience gave him the base of support that allowed him to do the job he did for Bush. What the hell is this gal going to do? No one in either party knows her. For all the griping about Obama's thin resume, he has an established base of support, or otherwise he never would have won his party's nomination. Biden has a base of support with his party from his years of Senate experience. McCain picks her to be one heart beat from the presidency after meeting her one time earlier this year, and then his one meeting with her to interview her for the vice president slot? And no one in her party even really knows her outside of Alaska? She's going to shake things up how? With what base of support?

Her accomplishments are nil. She has no base of support in the Republican Party, as she's a complete unknown. I dislike Cheney, but his years of Washington, DC experience gave him the base of support that allowed him to do the job he did for Bush. What the hell is this gal going to do? No one in either party knows her. For all the griping about Obama's thin resume, he has an established base of support, or otherwise he never would have won his party's nomination. Biden has a base of support with his party from his years of Senate experience. McCain picks her to be one heart beat from the presidency after meeting her one time earlier this year, and then his one meeting with her to interview her for the vice president slot? And no one in her party even really knows her outside of Alaska? She's going to shake things up how? With what base of support?

lol

You better read about all of the political bodies she left in the killing fields on her way to the Governors office. :hysterical: BTW, they were from the Republican party.

I say, she will do the same thing if she becomes the President of the Senate.

Talk about "reform" :happy feet: .

The new face of the Republican Party has emerged. :shades: .... Talk about a "Super-Mom"...... :hysterical:

No the president signs bills into law.

What are McCain's great accomplishments??????????????????????

His latest will be getting the nomination to run for POTUS, something Ron Paul couldn't do. Need I go on? Tell us how many bills introduced by Ron Paul have been signed into law. Let me help you to save time, zero!. Of course you know that already, that's why it's surprising to me that you would bring up someone's record.

I detect concern in your post, going on and on about her lack of experience, and worry you should. She's not an unknown in the Republican party, just the opposite. A fresh young face from outside the beltway. Right now she has more experience than Obama himself, having served in local government and now as Governor, neither of which Obama has done. She loves her country, has no ties with left-wing bomb throwers or hate-speech-anti-American pastors. That alone will help the Republicans to win.....AGAIN!

lol

You better read about all of the political bodies she left in the killing fields on her way to the Governors office. :hysterical: BTW, they were from the Republican party.

I say, she will do the same thing if she becomes the President of the Senate.

Talk about "reform" :happy feet: .

The new face of the Republican Party has emerged. :shades: .... Talk about a "Super-Mom"...... :hysterical:

By the same token, Obama can be credited with doing the same to the Democratic party twice - once by dissing the Chicago Democratic Party machine by running for and winning election to the Senate, and then nationally to the Democratic party by running against presumptive front-runner, party establishment backed Hillary Clinton and taking the nomination out from underneath her.

Read about all the political bodies she left? To become governor of a state whose total population is less than Detroit or Cleveland? Are you fucking kidding? McCain just trashed the whole "not experienced enough" argument with this choice. Her political "accomplishments" are slim, city council member and then mayor of an Anchorage suburb whose population is less than some small Texas or Arizona towns, and she's been chief executive, for all of a year and a half, of a state whose total population is less than that of Columbus, Ohio.

And this makes you happy? When he could have picked Elizabeth Dole, senior senator from North Carolina, whose resume is so deep and diverse with executive and legislative experience, and whose reputation is squeaky clean that she has zero controversy in her background. And Palin's choice makes you happy? Are you delusional? Damn, you Republicans are funny!

By the same token, Obama can be credited with doing the same to the Democratic party twice - once by dissing the Chicago Democratic Party machine by running for and winning election to the Senate, and then nationally to the Democratic party by running against presumptive front-runner, party establishment backed Hillary Clinton and taking the nomination out from underneath her.

Read about all the political bodies she left? To become governor of a state whose total population is less than Detroit or Cleveland? Are you fucking kidding? McCain just trashed the whole "not experienced enough" argument with this choice. Her political "accomplishments" are slim, city council member and then mayor of an Anchorage suburb whose population is less than some small Texas or Arizona towns, and she's been chief executive, for all of a year and a half, of a state whose total population is less than that of Columbus, Ohio.

And this makes you happy? When he could have picked Elizabeth Dole, senior senator from North Carolina, whose resume is so deep and diverse with executive and legislative experience, and whose reputation is squeaky clean that she has zero controversy in her background. And Palin's choice makes you happy? Are you delusional? Damn, you Republicans are funny!

Your concern for the Republicans is puzzling, any observer of this process would think that an Obama supporter such as yourself would see this as an advantage for him. But you seemed all of a sudden overly concerned about this being a poor choice for the ticket. I suspect that you are concerned, but not for the Republicans but that this choice will unite the base, get a good porition of the "Hillary Women" and ultimately be the undoing of the Dems again.

You listed the positions that Mrs. Palin has held, how many has Obama held? She's the govenor of a state that is only about 100K smaller in population than Delaware, where Biden is just a Senator. Spin it any way you like, she's is more qualified right now to be VP than Obama is to be POTUS, plus she has none of the baggage of a Rev. Wright or a left-wing-bomb-thrower like Bill Ayers or a convicted felon like Tony Rezko. Her spouse is a blue collar regular guy who fishes for a living, not some elitist 300K a year who isn't proud of their country. As I see it McCain's move yesterday was very smart and went a long way to securing an Republican victory.

Experience?

Commander in Chief

Executive

Small business

Blue collar labor

Union

Local government

Clearing out bad politicians in her party

Abortion issue

Mother of a son in the military... and heading into the war zone

It appears to me that she has all of the major topics covered. :hysterical:

Edited by mettech

Item to note:

I voted Democrat in the Primaries.

Experience?

Commander in Chief

Executive

Small business

Blue collar labor

Union

Local government

Abortion issue

It appears to me that she has all of the major topics covered. :hysterical:

OK, let's see...

Commander in Chief

Executive

Small Town, small state population. Don't think it's going to translate to Washington D.C./National politics very well.

Small business

Blue collar labor

Union

I'll give that one.

Local government

Yea, all politics are local politics, etc. Still isn't going to impress much of her own party. In both party, everyone talks a good game of reforming D.C. politics, but in the end, what you can bring home to your state or your district, at the very least, still influences reelection bids. And the choice for Attorney General is more of a real world solution to clearing out corruption in either party. Otherwise, even "bad" politicians are still a local district or state issue that gets addressed by the electorate in those districts or states. How may crappy and even outright corrupt politicians get reelected by the duffuses in their home district or state?

Abortion issue

An influence on the political right, a negative for the pro choice independents. Neither a plus or a minus.

I feel for her having a son heading into a war zone, but she's far from the only one in either party having a child in the military, including Joe Biden's son, who is deploying to Iraq in early October.

Her qualifications still suck.