Why McCain would be a mediocre president

Len_A

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the article. Germany invaded the United States with spies before the official declaration of war, therefore they attacked ALL of them.

Please actually read the links. Saves us both time. ;)

I think that's stretching it. Then you would have to say we invaded a lot of countries also because we have intelligence people everywhere.

I would also have to ask why we are not fighting China now because if you think like that we were just recently invaded by them considering they just had some spies uncovered.

Chinese Spy 'Slept' In U.S. for 2 Decades - Espionage Network Said to Be Growing

Eventually, Mak's job gave him access to sensitive plans for Navy ships, submarines and weapons. These he secretly copied and sent via courier to China -- fulfilling a mission that U.S. officials say he had been planning since the 1970s.

Then you would have to say we invaded a lot of countries also because we have intelligence people everywhere.

Are all of our intelligence people sent into their respective countries to carry out acts of sabotage in advance of war?

The 33 German agents that formed the Duquesne spy ring were placed in key jobs in the United States to get information that could be used in the event of war and to carry out acts of sabotage

OK, let's see...

Commander in Chief

Executive

Small Town, small state population. Don't think it's going to translate to Washington D.C./National politics very well.

Small business

Blue collar labor

Union

I'll give that one.

Local government

Clearing out bad politicians in her party

Yea, all politics are local politics, etc. Still isn't going to impress much of her own party. In both party, everyone talks a good game of reforming D.C. politics, but in the end, what you can bring home to your state or your district, at the very least, still influences reelection bids. And the choice for Attorney General is more of a real world solution to clearing out corruption in either party. Otherwise, even "bad" politicians are still a local district or state issue that gets addressed by the electorate in those districts or states. How may crappy and even outright corrupt politicians get reelected by the duffuses in their home district or state?

Abortion issue

An influence on the political right, a negative for the pro choice independents. Neither a plus or a minus.

Mother of a son in the military... and heading into the war zone

I feel for her having a son heading into a war zone, but she's far from the only one in either party having a child in the military, including Joe Biden's son, who is deploying to Iraq in early October.

Her qualifications still suck.

lol...

They may suck.... but no one else in the race can claim to have that much of diverse experance... :hysterical:

My point is.... She has shown the aptitude to remove from her party corrupt politians...

At this point, she appears to be a hard worker with 80% approval ratings.

Those two points are enough for me to give the GOP ticket another look.

Reguardless.... I'm sure all of the candidates will do their best if elected. Unlike "Monday Morning Armchair Quarterback". They have all of the answers. :hysterical:

Are all of our intelligence people sent into their respective countries to carry out acts of sabotage in advance of war?

There were High profile Chinese spies, this particular one worked in the DOD.

When you say

Are all of our intelligence people
you answer your own question, you and I know it's true.

It also states

placed in key jobs in the United States to get information that could be used in the event of war and to carry out acts of sabotage
, so your saying Mak wasn't going to use that intelligence
Mak's job gave him access to sensitive plans for Navy ships, submarines and weapons
if we were to have a war between these two countries??

There were High profile Chinese spies, this particular one worked in the DOD.

When you say you answer your own question, you and I know it's true.

It also states , so your saying Mak wasn't going to use that intelligence if we were to have a war between these two countries??

If the article doesn't convince you, then nothing I say will.

I suppose you also think we are at war now.

So, Gov. Palin wants crationism taught in schools, that's just great, if Mccain should die we will have another president who does not believe in science. And for all of you that came down on Obama because of his pastor (Rev, Wright) I wonder if you will come down on Palin because of her pastor? Most likely not because you have a double standard. I don't hold Palin accountable for her Pastor's remarks, I give her a pass just like I did Obama, I just wonder if people like Whosure and others will come down on Palin.

During the 2004 election season, Palin's pastor Kalnins praised President Bush's performance during a debate with Sen. John Kerry, then offered a not-so-subtle message about his personal candidate preferences. "I'm not going tell you who to vote for, but if you vote for this particular person, I question your salvation. I'm sorry." Kalnins added: "If every Christian will vote righteously, it would be a landslide every time."

But Pastor Kalnins has also preached that critics of President Bush will be banished to hell; questioned whether people who voted for Sen. John Kerry in 2004 would be accepted to heaven; charged that the 9/11 terrorist attacks and war in Iraq were part of a war "contending for your faith;" and said that Jesus "operated from that position of war mode."

Three months before she was thrust into the national political spotlight, Gov. Sarah Palin was asked to handle a much smaller task: addressing the graduating class of commission students at her one-time church, Wasilla Assembly of God.

Her speech in June provides as much insight into her policy leanings as anything uncovered since she was asked to be John McCain's running mate.

Speaking before the Pentecostal church, Palin painted the current war in Iraq as a messianic affair in which the United States could act out the will of the Lord.

"Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending [u.S. soldiers] out on a task that is from God," she exhorted the congregants. "That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan."

Religion, however, was not strictly a thread in Palin's foreign policy. It was part of her energy proposals as well. Just prior to discussing Iraq, Alaska's governor asked the audience to pray for another matter -- a $30 billion national gas pipeline project that she wanted built in the state. "I think God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get that gas line built, so pray for that," she said.

"

Well, what has made him effective?

Let's try it like this, you want to compare the effectiveness of McCain to Paul. Simple; Ron Paul has never, that's never, introduced a bill that has been adopted. McCain has many (look them up), so in simple math if McCain has even had 1 of his bills adopted into law, that would make him 100% more effective than Paul.

Edited by Floyd Lawson

lol...

They may suck.... but no one else in the race can claim to have that much of diverse experance... :hysterical:

My point is.... She has shown the aptitude to remove from her party corrupt politians...

At this point, she appears to be a hard worker with 80% approval ratings.

Those two points are enough for me to give the GOP ticket another look.

Reguardless.... I'm sure all of the candidates will do their best if elected. Unlike "Monday Morning Armchair Quarterback". They have all of the answers. :hysterical:

For some reason, Bush and McCain like to make reckless decisions with much risk involved. McCain choosing Palen is very reckless decision IMO since she is not well known and I doubt very much if McCain knew about her 17 year old high school senior being pregnant. What else doesn't he know. I'm an independant voter, and this bad decision greatly bothers me and what other bad decisions he may make in future. McCain had months to make decision on vice-president, and blew it IMO. Romney was the clear front runner and best choice by far. It's not about gender, but about who is best choice in very trying times. We need a President who can hit the ground running, not one worrying about what else he doesn't know about his vice-president. Terrible choice.

So, Gov. Palin wants crationism taught in schools, that's just great, if Mccain should die we will have another president who does not believe in science. And for all of you that came down on Obama because of his pastor (Rev, Wright) I wonder if you will come down on Palin because of her pastor? Most likely not because you have a double standard. I don't hold Palin accountable for her Pastor's remarks, I give her a pass just like I did Obama, I just wonder if people like Whosure and others will come down on Palin.

During the 2004 election season, Palin's pastor Kalnins praised President Bush's performance during a debate with Sen. John Kerry, then offered a not-so-subtle message about his personal candidate preferences. "I'm not going tell you who to vote for, but if you vote for this particular person, I question your salvation. I'm sorry." Kalnins added: "If every Christian will vote righteously, it would be a landslide every time."

But Pastor Kalnins has also preached that critics of President Bush will be banished to hell; questioned whether people who voted for Sen. John Kerry in 2004 would be accepted to heaven; charged that the 9/11 terrorist attacks and war in Iraq were part of a war "contending for your faith;" and said that Jesus "operated from that position of war mode."

Three months before she was thrust into the national political spotlight, Gov. Sarah Palin was asked to handle a much smaller task: addressing the graduating class of commission students at her one-time church, Wasilla Assembly of God.

Her speech in June provides as much insight into her policy leanings as anything uncovered since she was asked to be John McCain's running mate.

Speaking before the Pentecostal church, Palin painted the current war in Iraq as a messianic affair in which the United States could act out the will of the Lord.

"Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending [u.S. soldiers] out on a task that is from God," she exhorted the congregants. "That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan."

Religion, however, was not strictly a thread in Palin's foreign policy. It was part of her energy proposals as well. Just prior to discussing Iraq, Alaska's governor asked the audience to pray for another matter -- a $30 billion national gas pipeline project that she wanted built in the state. "I think God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get that gas line built, so pray for that," she said.

"

And so every President including Bill Clinton has uttered the term, "God Bless America," so what is your point? On the other hand, I have only heard ONE Presidential candidate sit in audience continuously while GodDamn America is uttered consistently, but 6 of one, half dozen of the other, makes no difference to me. Will it make a difference to anyone else? Dunno that either.

What I DO KNOW will make a difference is when the Dems are shown consistently to block drilling for oil, and that Obama thinks that gas should be 5 bucks a gallon, or HIGHER.............even as without drilling it is falling like a rock since Mr Obama is no longer a slam dunk, and the dollar is again rising!!!!!!

For that Mr Planet, we can thank you and your lobby, just as I predicted months ago as you and the rest of the ecos scoffed at the notion, lolol. Whosure may have been born late at night, but it wasn't late last night, and as you can see, what shoulda been easy for you guys, just became a massive struggle that the odds say, you will again lose............mainly because of YOUR LOBBY, lololol. (they will never explain away their blocking of drilling to America, NEVER!!!! And no matter how hard you try to say it is Bush as an oil man, that fabrication will FINALLY be blown out of the water for anyone who cares to watch the debates!!!)

I love it when people shoot themselves in the foot.........................right before they insert it in their oral orifice, don't you!!!!!!!

P.S. Oil is now at 108 a barrel. Analysts are finally agreeing, 65 to 85 bucks within 9 months barring a war or something. Looks like if that happens, and we drill too, ECO-SHANGRI-LA is off the table for the forseeable future.

And so every President including Bill Clinton has uttered the term, "God Bless America," so what is your point? On the other hand, I have only heard ONE Presidential candidate sit in audience continuously while GodDamn America is uttered consistently, but 6 of one, half dozen of the other, makes no difference to me. Will it make a difference to anyone else? Dunno that either.

But Palins Pastor said more than god bless america, he said , and I quote

"I'm not going tell you who to vote for, but if you vote for this particular person, I question your salvation. I'm sorry."

and "that critics of President Bush will be banished to hell;"

And as for your drilling for oil theory, drill all you want, I really don't care, gas is still above $110 a barrel and that makes me happy. What makes me even happier is that both Obama and Mccain favor cap and trade on carbon. And what makes me even happier than that is that F-150 sales, Explorer and Expedition sales have dropped off the chart.

I can't wait to see how bad the Aug. sales for Ford are, you guys have lost market share for what, like 12 tears in a row? Keep up the good work!! Maybe if you guys were building fuel efficient cars in Chicago your plan would not be in jeopardy of closing!

So if Palin becomes VP will Alaska gety independance? :-)

Sounds like there are a few more 'interesting' details to emerge about Sarah Palin, including something about 27 million dollars and a small town.... How did John Mcain decide Palin was a good choice for vp? Was it something to do with "she's a woman, she'll do" syndrome? Hmmmmm

Mcain may well have just handed the election to Obama on a plate...

Off subject slightly, but how many of you remember what happened in 1987?

Of course, little of this history is brought forward because..........well, we know why, lolol. But I don't care, so I shall bring it forward in an attempt to help you, while feeling your pain!!!!

It was 1987! At a lecture the other day they were playing an old news video of Lt.Col. Oliver North testifying at the Iran-Contra hearings during the Reagan Administration.

There was Ollie in front of God and country getting the third degree, but what he said was stunning!

He was being drilled by a senator; 'Did you not recently spend close to $60,000 for a home security system?'

Ollie replied, 'Yes, I did, Sir.'

The senator continued, trying to get a laugh out of the audience, 'Isn't that just a little excessive?'

'No, sir,' continued O llie.

'No? And why not?' the senator asked.

'Because t he lives of my family and I were threatened, sir.'

'Threatened? By whom?' the senator questioned.

'By a terrorist, sir' Ollie answered.

'Terrorist? What terrorist could possibly scare you that much?'

'His name is Osama bin Laden, sir' Ollie replied.

At this point the senator tried to repeat the name, but couldn't pronounce it, which most people back then probably couldn't. A couple of people laughed at the attempt. Then the senator continued. Why are you so afraid of this man?' the senator asked.

'Because, sir, he is the most evil person alive that I know of', Ollie answered.

'And what do you recommend we do about him?' asked the senator.

'Well, sir, if it was up to me, I would recommend that an assassin team be formed to eliminate him and his men from the face of the earth.'

The senator disagreed with this approach, and that was all that was shown of the clip.

By the way, that senator was Al Gore!

Also:

Terrorist pilot Mohammad Atta blew up a bus in Israel in 1986. The Israelis captured, tried and imprisoned him. As part of the Oslo agreement with the Palestinians in 1993, Israel had to agree to release so-called 'political prisoners.'

However, the Israelis would not release any with blood on their hands, The American President at the time, Bill Clinton, and his Secretary of State, Warren Christopher, 'insisted' that all prisoners be released.

Thus Mohammad Atta was freed and eventually thanked us by flying an airplane into Tower One of the World Trade Center . This was reported by many of the American TV networks at the time that the terrorists were first identified.

It was censored in the US from all later reports.

What this shows is that Democrats are WEAK!!!! They lead from weakness exclusively, and the decisions they make cause great pain in the future. It was not like that at one time, but has been in the recent past.

How many of you remember Jimmy Carters excursion into Iran to free our hostages? They didn't get out till the day Reagan took the oath of office. Reagan no play that panzy shit!!!!

And then you have CERTAIN PEOPLE on here, (who I do like personally) who claim the USA sticks its nose into other countrys business to much; and in fact, shouldn't stick their nose in at all.

So then, with all the pollution in China, the only way to keep businesses here is to either FORCE China to do the same regulations we do causing their goods to cost as much, or CHARGE them a fee for sending their goods in. (tarriffs) Ummmmmmmmmmm, isn't that interfering?????? You CAN NOT have it both ways.

And finally-------------->With nuclear bombs in the world, aids, wars, pandemics, starvation, cancer, asteroids that have hit the earth and basically changed the planet as we know it, why would ANYONE worry about burning fossil fuels, lolol. Spending trillions for eco-Shangri La when we have all these problems is laughable if you ask most people. And yet, the ecos don't get it. They believe the nonsense so strongly, they will spend trillions, then die of cancer, or maybe a terrorist attack.

SAVETHEPLANET had better hope Mcain does not get in over this NO DRILLING nonsense, because if he wins big, on his coat tails will be the republican horde taking back more of congress. I believe this scenario is more plausible then anything. Your idiocy will force the dems to lose, and lose big. And why? Because your lobby is like the pro choice lobby, a one trick pony. And while we all hold our noses over abortion, we hold our wallets at the pump. Elections are won and lost in the wallet. The case WILL be made, that malaise has gotten MUCH WORSE since you know WHO took over congress, and started their idiotic BLOCKING which was now more forceful since they had control causing gas prices into the stratosphere.

Add to that, seeing how you supporters of democrats post how much you LOVE the fact that Ford and GM is suffering, and you have helped more than you'll ever know elect Mcain to office.

Personally, I thank you very much, and hope you continue with your dispariging eco fanatic comments about your glee in their problems with the price of fuel so high. I am sure you just cemented a UAW vote for Mcain somewhere, and your continued postings will turn more.

Please, carry on!!!!!!!!!

Of course, little of this history is brought forward because..........well, we know why, lolol. But I don't care, so I shall bring it forward in an attempt to help you, while feeling your pain!!!!

It was 1987! At a lecture the other day they were playing an old news video of Lt.Col. Oliver North testifying at the Iran-Contra hearings during the Reagan Administration.

There was Ollie in front of God and country getting the third degree, but what he said was stunning!

He was being drilled by a senator; 'Did you not recently spend close to $60,000 for a home security system?'

The senator continued, trying to get a laugh out of the audience, 'Isn't that just a little excessive?'

At this point the senator tried to repeat the name, but couldn't pronounce it, which most people back then probably couldn't. A couple of people laughed at the attempt. Then the senator continued. Why are you so afraid of this man?' the senator asked.

'Because, sir, he is the most evil person alive that I know of', Ollie answered.

'Well, sir, if it was up to me, I would recommend that an assassin team be formed to eliminate him and his men from the face of the earth.'

The senator disagreed with this approach, and that was all that was shown of the clip.

Also:

Terrorist pilot Mohammad Atta blew up a bus in Israel in 1986. The Israelis captured, tried and imprisoned him. As part of the Oslo agreement with the Palestinians in 1993, Israel had to agree to release so-called 'political prisoners.'

However, the Israelis would not release any with blood on their hands, The American President at the time, Bill Clinton, and his Secretary of State, Warren Christopher, 'insisted' that all prisoners be released.

Thus Mohammad Atta was freed and eventually thanked us by flying an airplane into Tower One of the World Trade Center . This was reported by many of the American TV networks at the time that the terrorists were first identified.

What this shows is that Democrats are WEAK!!!! They lead from weakness exclusively, and the decisions they make cause great pain in the future. It was not like that at one time, but has been in the recent past.

How many of you remember Jimmy Carters excursion into Iran to free our hostages? They didn't get out till the day Reagan took the oath of office. Reagan no play that panzy shit!!!!

And then you have CERTAIN PEOPLE on here, (who I do like personally) who claim the USA sticks its nose into other countrys business to much; and in fact, shouldn't stick their nose in at all.

So then, with all the pollution in China, the only way to keep businesses here is to either FORCE China to do the same regulations we do causing their goods to cost as much, or CHARGE them a fee for sending their goods in. (tarriffs) Ummmmmmmmmmm, isn't that interfering?????? You CAN NOT have it both ways.

And finally-------------->With nuclear bombs in the world, aids, wars, pandemics, starvation, cancer, asteroids that have hit the earth and basically changed the planet as we know it, why would ANYONE worry about burning fossil fuels, lolol. Spending trillions for eco-Shangri La when we have all these problems is laughable if you ask most people. And yet, the ecos don't get it. They believe the nonsense so strongly, they will spend trillions, then die of cancer, or maybe a terrorist attack.

SAVETHEPLANET had better hope Mcain does not get in over this NO DRILLING nonsense, because if he wins big, on his coat tails will be the republican horde taking back more of congress. I believe this scenario is more plausible then anything. Your idiocy will force the dems to lose, and lose big. And why? Because your lobby is like the pro choice lobby, a one trick pony. And while we all hold our noses over abortion, we hold our wallets at the pump. Elections are won and lost in the wallet. The case WILL be made, that malaise has gotten MUCH WORSE since you know WHO took over congress, and started their idiotic BLOCKING which was now more forceful since they had control causing gas prices into the stratosphere.

Add to that, seeing how you supporters of democrats post how much you LOVE the fact that Ford and GM is suffering, and you have helped more than you'll ever know elect Mcain to office.

Personally, I thank you very much, and hope you continue with your dispariging eco fanatic comments about your glee in their problems with the price of fuel so high. I am sure you just cemented a UAW vote for Mcain somewhere, and your continued postings will turn more.

One should not quote history from emails :hysterical:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=c...mp;aq=f&oq=

And about Carter and the Iran hostages situation:

http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h2021.html

Allegations surfaced that William Casey, director of the Reagan campaign, and some CIA operatives, secretly met with Iranian officials in Europe to arrange for the hostages' release, but not until after the election. If true, some observers aver, dealing with a hostile foreign government to achieve a domestic administration's defeat would have been grounds for charges of treason.

Reagan won the election, partly because of the failure of the Carter administration to bring the hostages home. Within minutes of Reagan's inauguration, the hostages were released. Under Reagan, the Iran-Contra Affair completes this story.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html...751C1A967958260

Mr. Sick contends that in March 1980, four months after followers of the Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini had seized the United States Embassy in Teheran and taken the hostages, Casey approached two Iranian-born wheeler-dealers, the brothers Jamshid and Cyrus Hashemi, who had ties to the Khomeini regime. Casey asked them to set up a meeting with representatives of the Iranian Government. Thereafter, the Hashemis purportedly arranged for Casey to attend two meetings in Madrid in the summer of 1980 with Mehdi Karrubi, an Iranian cleric close to the Ayatollah. According to Mr. Sick, Casey subsequently had one last meeting in Paris about two weeks before the election to clinch the deal.

Shocking as it seems, is this scenario so far-fetched? First of all, the race at the time looked closer than it turned out. Mr. Reagan's own poll taker had Mr. Carter leading 41 percent to 39 percent as late as mid-October. Moreover, Mr. Sick says, Casey lived in terror that Mr. Carter would pull off an "October surprise," freeing the hostages at the last minute and putting himself over the top on election day.

Casey the chronic cold warrior, meanwhile, was obsessed by the fear that the rabid anti-American regime in Iran was prey to Soviet suasion. With Iran commanding the center of the Middle East oil crescent, he felt the United States had to insinuate itself back into influence in Teheran. Thus, for Casey, politically and geopolitically, there was ample motive to deal with Iran. And after the Iran-contra scandal in 1986, can anyone doubt the capacity of the Reagan team to have connived with Iranians over arms and hostages in 1980?

Finally, it all seems so, well, Casey -like. The man who became Mr. Reagan's Director of Central Intelligence spent a lifetime in business and politics taking the curves of risk with two wheels hanging over the abyss. This reviewer, who knew Casey and has written a biography of him (which Mr. Sick quotes accurately), must say that the account of Casey bargaining with the Iranians rings true. It possesses the Casey voice.

Mr. Sick has no doubt that this "political treachery" took place. He provides dates; names places, participants and witnesses; cites conversations and agreements. He describes the puzzlement in the Carter camp when its own negotiating lines to Iran went dead shortly after Casey's alleged October meeting in Paris. Then there is the exquisite timing of the hostages' release. Though the Carter Administration and Iran resumed negotiations after the election and completed them by 8:04 A.M. Washington time on Inauguration Day, Iran waited until 12:05 P.M. to acknowledge the agreement, minutes after Ronald Reagan had been sworn in as President. Thus the satisfaction of announcing the hostages' freedom fell on Mr. Reagan's watch, not Mr. Carter's.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/carter/people.../e_hostage.html

Carter did try to get the hostages but ended in failure

Desert One

Finally, with the Iranians showing no signs of releasing the hostages, Carter decided to take a risk. On April 11, 1980 he approved a high-risk rescue operation, called "Desert One," that had been in the works for months. Though the odds were against its success, the president was devastated when he had to abort the mission due to three malfunctioning helicopters. When another helicopter crashed into a C-130 transport plane while taking off, eight servicemen were killed and three more were injured. The next morning, gleeful Iranians broadcast footage of the smoking remains of the rescue attempt, a stark symbol of American impotence

So if Palin becomes VP will Alaska gety independance? :-)

Sounds like there are a few more 'interesting' details to emerge about Sarah Palin, including something about 27 million dollars and a small town.... How did John Mcain decide Palin was a good choice for vp? Was it something to do with "she's a woman, she'll do" syndrome? Hmmmmm

Mcain may well have just handed the election to Obama on a plate...

Could it be that she is a real conservative is why she was chosen? McCain’s record better matches a democrat. Palin will bring the real republicans to support McCain not just the rino’s (republican in name only)

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=...mp;pageId=74113

Palin electrifies GOP convention

Party leaders see vice-presidential nominee, abortion platform signaling 'conservative' path

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted: September 02, 2008

11:36 am Eastern

Republican National Convention organizers huddle last night after an opening session that replaced a slate of speakers with an abbreviated program that focused on relief for the victims of Hurricane Gustav (WND photo)

ST. PAUL, Minn. – While Republicans are respectfully easing into their national convention in the wake of Hurricane Gustav, they aren't holding back their enthusiasm for the party's new superstar, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, regarding her not only a catalyst for victory in November but as a transitional figure, reflecting a more "conservative" future course.

Edited by sprinter

Also:

Do you even bother to research the bullshit before you f***ing post it???

Ollie North/Osama Bin Laden/Al Gore - false: In 1987, Bin Laden would have been part of the Muhajaden, aka "holy Warriors" aka "freedom fighters" that the Reagan Administration was backing, in their efforts to dislodge the Soviet Red Army from Afghanistan. Then Senator Al Gore was not on the Senate Select Committee on Secret Military Assistance to Iran and Nicaraguan Opposition. Source: Link Here

Bill Clinton & Warren Christopher forced the release of Mohammad Atta: False, case of mistaken identity - two people with similar names. 9-11 hijacker Mohammad Atta was never the naturalized U.S. arrested by Venezuela, deported to the US, then to Israel. Source: Link Here and Link Here

Why don't you double check to see if something is an urban legend, before you post it as alleged fact?

sprinter does an excellent job of picking apart the rest of the nonsense. Double check your facts.

Revolution? For what, spreading wealth? I mean if they are making more money, working in safer conditions, who is going to revolt - the Barons?

I failed to make myself clear. Those kept down, through fiat or force, will rebel if given no other option.

We (in this country) did it, although we did have the advantage of being an armed population This is paramount.

BUT, as in Ghandi's example with India's freedom from Britain, it is possible to conduct a rebellion without violence and be successful. It just takes longer.

The most important part of the labor standards is that the corporations/government can no longer stop the workers from forming coalitions and practice collective bargaining for better/safer working conditions. Is that imperialistic - empowering the workers?

You be the judge. Webster's definition of imperialism:

the policy, practice, or advocacy of extending the power and dominion of a nation especially by direct territorial acquisitions or by gaining indirect control over the political or economic life of other areas; broadly : the extension or imposition of power, authority, or influence <union imperialism>

To impose our environmental/labor standards from without (as opposed to those within) would be an example (in bold).

As far as the deregulation of the electricity market in California, what links do you need? They put price controls in place, right before they deregulated the industry in hopes of a more competitive market. I am not saying that price controls is deregulation. They put the price controls in places because they were paying much more on average than the rest of the country. What I did say is that after they deregulated (on the supplier end), Enron, in a desperate move, later, we found out why, inflated the prices in a desperate move to increase their profits.

One with a timeline would be preferable.

So, they deregulated the wholesale market but kept the price controls? Metaphorically, they told the gas station owner he could only charge a certain maximum, no matter what the oil company charged him?

These people are clueless, or completely unaware of history, if they didn't realize what could/would happen.

As far as speculation in the mortgage crisis, there would have never been such speculation had the banking/investment rules not been changed. We had the The Glass-Steagall Act of 1933 repealed in 99 by Clinton, while Gramm led the charge in the Senate passing additional legislation to deregulate the industry.

The vacations over, good luck…

The same speculation took place in the '90s "Tech Boom", which went bust. The correction was inevitable, and the fraudulent behavior of the borrowers/brokers contributed to its expeditiousness.

I say Good Luck to all of us.

Edited by RangerM

Do you even bother to research the bullshit before you f***ing post it???

Ollie North/Osama Bin Laden/Al Gore - false: In 1987, Bin Laden would have been part of the Muhajaden, aka "holy Warriors" aka "freedom fighters" that the Reagan Administration was backing, in their efforts to dislodge the Soviet Red Army from Afghanistan. Then Senator Al Gore was not on the Senate Select Committee on Secret Military Assistance to Iran and Nicaraguan Opposition. Source: Link Here

Bill Clinton & Warren Christopher forced the release of Mohammad Atta: False, case of mistaken identity - two people with similar names. 9-11 hijacker Mohammad Atta was never the naturalized U.S. arrested by Venezuela, deported to the US, then to Israel. Source: Link Here and Link Here

Why don't you double check to see if something is an urban legend, before you post it as alleged fact?

sprinter does an excellent job of picking apart the rest of the nonsense. Double check your facts.

Well what about it Imawhosure?

I sincerely apologize and shoulda known it was to good to be true. My mistake, and I shoulda checked it.

That is what I get for posting what someone else tells-sends me, instead of what I am personally reasonably sure of.

As far as Atta goes, regardless of if it is true or not, Bill Clinton could NOT be blamed as far as I am concerned. Presidents are not oracles, they are human beings like we are. We can see trends, but can never guess what a particular person might end up doing.