US Spec Fiesta Spied???

keoni

I really do like the Fiesta. It's a neat little package, and hopefully it'll sell more than just a couple hundred thou per year.

Maybe in Europe, but not in America. I'd be surprised if sales topped 100,000 in the U.S. American's, by and large, just like larger vehicles.

Maybe in Europe, but not in America. I'd be surprised if sales topped 100,000 in the U.S. American's, by and large, just like larger vehicles.

Fiesta was No8 in Europe with 300,000 sales and No5 in South America with 150,000 sales in 2007, the new Fiesta now is closer to the shape of the best selling Pug 207 which was No1 in Europe last year so l think it will do very well and could make it to the top spot in Europe and should sell more than 100,000 Stateside as well.

http://cars.uk.msn.com/News/Top_ten_articl...umentid=7319152

Fiesta was No8 in Europe with 300,000 sales and No5 in South America with 150,000 sales in 2007, the new Fiesta now is closer to the shape of the best selling Pug 207 which was No1 in Europe last year so l think it will do very well and could make it to the top spot in Europe and should sell more than 100,000 Stateside as well.

http://cars.uk.msn.com/News/Top_ten_articl...umentid=7319152

I don't know offhand how other b-cars sell right now (total sales numbers wist), but I'm not quite sure how well b-cars will do. Yes, they'll sell, especially if they get good fuel economy, but I don't think most are willing to sacrifice that much space yet to get that economy, at least right now. Now, if gas spikes again for a while, you'll see b-car sales increase quite a bit, but right now, I don't think you'll see them putting up that big of a sales number.

I don't know offhand how other b-cars sell right now (total sales numbers wist), but I'm not quite sure how well b-cars will do. Yes, they'll sell, especially if they get good fuel economy, but I don't think most are willing to sacrifice that much space yet to get that economy, at least right now. Now, if gas spikes again for a while, you'll see b-car sales increase quite a bit, but right now, I don't think you'll see them putting up that big of a sales number.

Well, the best-selling B-cars in the US right now are managing around 8000-10,000 units a month. Certainly not small potatoes anymore. I think the Fiesta has a good chance of falling into that volume range also.

Unfortunately, that is not the US spec Fiesta. This is probably a production unit imported by Ford. The US spec Fiesta has not been revealed and would still be camouflaged. The bumpers are not US spec, nor is the license plate brackets.

To see what the US spec Fiesta hatch will look like, you'll have to look at the sedan which has the US spec front bumper and interior (keyless start is not likely to be available in the US as you see in that Euro spec model).

It is a looker isn't it! I particularly love that chrome sill on the windows, nice detail! I hope we see that on the US hatch, not sure it's in the budget for this car!

http://www.leftlanenews.com/us-spec-ford-fiesta-spied.html

it is also possible that the hatch may recieve a differenct front end than the sedan, Ala the Verve concepts shown in detroit.

Well, the best-selling B-cars in the US right now are managing around 8000-10,000 units a month. Certainly not small potatoes anymore. I think the Fiesta has a good chance of falling into that volume range also.

The B-Segment is 20-25% of the size of the C-segment. That being said, Honda sold over 11,000 Fits last month.

The B-Segment is 20-25% of the size of the C-segment. That being said, Honda sold over 11,000 Fits last month.

It's only 20-25% of it now now. I think the potential exists for it to get significantly larger. Of course, the C-segment will probably get larger as well, at the sacrifice of the CD and D segments, which could very well get smaller moving forward.