US Spec Fiesta Spied???

keoni

Unfortunately, that is not the US spec Fiesta. This is probably a production unit imported by Ford. The US spec Fiesta has not been revealed and would still be camouflaged. The bumpers are not US spec, nor is the license plate brackets.

To see what the US spec Fiesta hatch will look like, you'll have to look at the sedan which has the US spec front bumper and interior (keyless start is not likely to be available in the US as you see in that Euro spec model).

It is a looker isn't it! I particularly love that chrome sill on the windows, nice detail! I hope we see that on the US hatch, not sure it's in the budget for this car!

http://www.leftlanenews.com/us-spec-ford-fiesta-spied.html

Edited by BORG

Ore-Sum.....more i see this car the more I like it....and I really don't think the bumpers will change that much....

The bumper will change and effect the overall design aesthetic quite substantially even though they have tried to preserve the spirit of the original design. The larger top grille will change the fascia quite a bit from what you see in Europe. The new grille, inspired by Mondeo, is dreadfully dull and better left out of the equation altogether IMO.

The bumper will change and effect the overall design aesthetic quite substantially even though they have tried to preserve the spirit of the original design. The larger top grille will change the fascia quite a bit from what you see in Europe. The new grille, inspired by Mondeo, is dreadfully dull and better left out of the equation altogether IMO.

how much will the bumpers & grill openings change?...any one post some pics?.....closer to the Verve concept?...in which case even better....

+ RevoKnuckle! :)

really curious about that revo tech...and between you and I Ed, I don't see an eco above 1.6 in a vehicle this size, a 2.0 in the Focus and maybe a 2.5 in Fusion.....ALL sound like a ball if all this speculative HP and torque bragging lives up to expectations...god forbid if they suck! LOL!

EEEWWW!. I hope it wouldn't take THAT much to get you to trade that in.

My wife and I love our little bastard. Have you ever spent any real time with an Accent? I am not saying it's wonderful, but it is much better than many might think. We use ours for work and for short runs. I've already used it for round trips to New jersey and back for the bus to NY. It's almost 200 miles total and the little sucka does fine. I do not expect it to be of the quality of more expensive cars. That's what anyone should expect from cheaper wheels. The car has very low miles. It's a mgood handling machine and it's fairly quick. It only weighs 2,200#'s. For what we payed, we will get years of good service as long as we take care of it, just like any other car you care to name.

post-620-1219448681_thumb.jpg

Borg how do u know all this?

I know all of this the same way that everybody else here knows this, spy photos and prototypes of the car underoing testing.

This is the US spec Fiesta sedan undergoing testing, notice the fascia features a open grille, reducing the size of the trapezoidal grille in the bumper. The Euro Fiesta is entirely a bottom breather. This was also previewed in the US spec Verve concept. This is done because regulations in the US specify different requirements than Europe, thus the bumper design is always adapted for NA.

NA Spec Fiesta Undergoing testing.

ford-fiesta-inside-2.jpg

NA Verve Concept

ford-verve-sedan-14.jpg

EU Fiesta

ford_fiesta-5door-2008_r3.jpg

Edited by BORG

US Spied Fiesta

You're telling me that the US Spec Fiesta will have a rear hatch with the license plate space that is designed for Euro plates? Also the front looks just like the Euro Fiesta. Though, the article states it is 98% production ready... so, close but no cigar.

Looks good though.

If you remember the 2000-2004 Focus had the same Decklids, and hatches as the EU specs did. The US plates did not fit well, but they did fit.

Same photos on several differing sites. Makes me think that the "engineer" was a marketing type with a car for photo opportunities. Maybe his cousin is the fellow that just happened upon it....LOL!

I really do like the Fiesta. It's a neat little package, and hopefully it'll sell more than just a couple hundred thou per year.