What if it was....

ballfamily

oh so often we hear people say how cold and insensitive the Republicans are and how they didnt take hurricane Katrina seriously. what if it were a Democrat that acted as such? would we be so harsh? why of course not. the democrats are for the working and the less fortunate..... or are they. take a look at this clip of two Democrat officials having fun with hurricane Gustav and those that will suffer because of it. oh how proud we are of our "leaders" in D.C.

http://www.redstate.com/diaries/absentee/2...s-favor-to-dem/

oh so often we hear people say how cold and insensitive the Republicans are and how they didnt take hurricane Katrina seriously. what if it were a Democrat that acted as such? would we be so harsh? why of course not. the democrats are for the working and the less fortunate..... or are they. take a look at this clip of two Democrat officials having fun with hurricane Gustav and those that will suffer because of it. oh how proud we are of our "leaders" in D.C.

Scumbags!

OK all you Democrat apologists....when was the last time any Democrat (besides John Dingell) actually DID anything to support autoworkers?

Not just speeches and rhetoric, but real action?

I'll be waiting for your reply on this Labor Day weekend. :reading: :stats:

what if it were a Democrat that acted as such? would we be so harsh?

I didn't get much from the clip, what exactly was I listening for and who the hell was speaking? You couldn't even see their face for most of the clip.

Still though, the URL "redstate.com" does imply that this is a unbiased and completely believeable source of actual news. And we all know, for a fact, that you can believe everything you see on the internet.

To answer your question, look around. If a Democrat had been in power, the response would have been much more harsh, with many many more fabrications. Just go find a Swift Boat Vet and ask them. Karl (Marx) oops, I mean Rove has done us all proud.

Edited by Indy

You must hear allot better than I do, all I heard was some mumbling and what sounds like a jet engine in flight, and were you on that flight, and can actually verify that this conversation took place, and if you or anybody else takes anything that redstate says as gospel, your in a sad stage in life, with that said what about the group of Christian Conservative preachers that prayed to God for rain the final night of the DNC because they were outdoors, you know what it didn't happen, and what is real ironic Gustav is supposed make land fall on the opening day of the RNC so yeah God does work in mysterious ways, maybe it's a message we all need take, I have some good friends that live down there and most have already started evacuation last week, they know better than to wait on government to help although they are already down there helping with evac. plans.

Scumbags!

OK all you Democrat apologists....when was the last time any Democrat (besides John Dingell) actually DID anything to support autoworkers?

Not just speeches and rhetoric, but real action?

I'll be waiting for your reply on this Labor Day weekend. :reading: :stats:

Well, I agree on John Dingell, I do like him..............but Democrats do not enact or try to enact laws against Unions and labor. You see it is all pretty simple....Republicans are for big business..Democrats are for poor and middle class people....goes back forever that way. Sure you have acouple that lean this way and that......but for the most part that is how it goes.

Never does big business want to pay higher wages and benefits to it's workers....so big business is anti-union....and generally so is everyone they support.

Now I agree we could point out a black sheep in each others camps all day long.......but for the most part.....you need to look at their voting records on issues that affect Unions and labor organizations.......

If you showed me a voting record on Labor issues without any names on it....I bet you any money I could guess if it belonged to a Republican or Democrat just by looking at how they voted.

To me....that is the difference......and that is why I am a 99.9% Democrat.

I say 99.9% because I might just find a Republican one day that votes for labor...so far though, I am still looking......................................

Oh and when Republicans talk to each other privately...they don't make any jokes?

Some asshole Republican intern spy must have received a good "pat on the head" for taping that private conversation. cause we all know the republicans like to pat their little boy interns on the head.

Well, I agree on John Dingell, I do like him..............but Democrats do not enact or try to enact laws against Unions and labor. You see it is all pretty simple....Republicans are for big business..Democrats are for poor and middle class people....goes back forever that way. Sure you have acouple that lean this way and that......but for the most part that is how it goes.

Never does big business want to pay higher wages and benefits to it's workers....so big business is anti-union....and generally so is everyone they support.

Now I agree we could point out a black sheep in each others camps all day long.......but for the most part.....you need to look at their voting records on issues that affect Unions and labor organizations.......

If you showed me a voting record on Labor issues without any names on it....I bet you any money I could guess if it belonged to a Republican or Democrat just by looking at how they voted.

To me....that is the difference......and that is why I am a 99.9% Democrat.

I say 99.9% because I might just find a Republican one day that votes for labor...so far though, I am still looking......................................

Very good.

Democrats do tend to vote more in favor of Unions and their agenda, but........

my question was....What have they done to support Auto Workers?

The Speaker of the House has opposed expansion of oil exploration and drilling in the U.S.. The law of supply and demand tells us that additional supply will have a downward effect on prices. She needed the votes of all her Democrat colleagues to stop a vote on additional exploration.

I checked this week, and the F-150s and Mustangs that we build still need gasoline to run.

Trial Lawyer sponsors of the Democratic party continue to extort multi-million dollar verdicts from Ford in just about every State in the Nation. Guess those dollars won't end up in the VEBA?

Oh, and I can't wait to hear again about that lousy Ford Granada that Obama was forced to drive when he was a kid.

These guys (Democrats) are giving our Union lip service and cutting the heart out of the Company that feeds us!

Very good.

Democrats do tend to vote more in favor of Unions and their agenda, but........

my question was....What have they done to support Auto Workers?

The Speaker of the House has opposed expansion of oil exploration and drilling in the U.S.. The law of supply and demand tells us that additional supply will have a downward effect on prices. She needed the votes of all her Democrat colleagues to stop a vote on additional exploration.

I checked this week, and the F-150s and Mustangs that we build still need gasoline to run.

Trial Lawyer sponsors of the Democratic party continue to extort multi-million dollar verdicts from Ford in just about every State in the Nation. Guess those dollars won't end up in the VEBA?

Oh, and I can't wait to hear again about that lousy Ford Granada that Obama was forced to drive when he was a kid.

These guys (Democrats) are giving our Union lip service and cutting the heart out of the Company that feeds us!

It is very hard to truly get behind any candidate...regardless of party.......but my point still remains the same......because I vote for those who vote for Labor...not just autoworkers.....labor as a whole......the UAW is not 1,110,000 retired and active Auto workers..... it is also Agricultural Implement workers, Aerospace workers, Parts suppliers, Heavy Trucks, Technical Office and Professional, .........etc.......That is not counting other Unions and those they represent...these are the people who need to vote pro-labor.....and for the most part....that means Democrats.....

It is very hard to truly get behind any candidate...regardless of party.......but my point still remains the same......because I vote for those who vote for Labor...not just autoworkers.....labor as a whole......the UAW is not 1,110,000 retired and active Auto workers..... it is also Agricultural Implement workers, Aerospace workers, Parts suppliers, Heavy Trucks, Technical Office and Professional, .........etc.......That is not counting other Unions and those they represent...these are the people who need to vote pro-labor.....and for the most part....that means Democrats.....

You make very good points, as someone who is perhaps on the Unions payroll. However most of us on this forum rely on Ford Motor Company for our wages. As Ford suffers, so do we. My point is, and I will leave it at this; there has become a serious disconnect between the National Democratic party and the Domestic Auto Industry that we count on for our living. In this election year the oil and gas from Alaska's North Slope that Gov. Palin wants to develop will go alot farther to secure our future employment, than Card Check legislation and Obama's lip service.

You make very good points, as someone who is perhaps on the Unions payroll. However most of us on this forum rely on Ford Motor Company for our wages. As Ford suffers, so do we. My point is, and I will leave it at this; there has become a serious disconnect between the National Democratic party and the Domestic Auto Industry that we count on for our living. In this election year the oil and gas from Alaska's North Slope that Gov. Palin wants to develop will go alot farther to secure our future employment, than Card Check legislation and Obama's lip service.

You can drill for oil until every American has a pump in there yard, and it still wont do one bit of good with around only half the refining capability of the 70's. I did not see Bush and a republican congress do anything about it because it helped big oil, just as i don't expect a Democrat to do anything about it either( there plan is even further away from a reality).

The saddest part is after re watching some of the old videos of Ross Perot and most recently Ron Paul, almost everything that Perot said would happen has and I'm sure time will tell how accurate Ron Paul's views on things will pan out. Hopefully people of America will realize some of these people that are labeled wacko's actually have merit and real foresight in what they say before it's to late.

Edited by lquidspine

Therein lies the problem, I believe that when it comes to unions that Democrats have better intentions, however, their actions in the past and their vision for the future do not include saving smokestack industries like the US auto industry. The enviromental lobby is much more influencial within the Democratic party than we are and our needs are at odds with what the greens want.... we'll come out on the short end of the deal.

Edited by mulewright

Therein lies the problem, I believe that when it comes to unions that Democrats have better intentions, however, their actions in the past and their vision for the future do not include saving smokestack industries like the US auto industry. The enviromental lobby is much more influencial within the Democratic party than we are and our needs are at odds with what the greens want.... we'll come out on the short end of the deal.

It's all about change and that is one of the problems with Ford right now the writing was on the wall several years back on the trend of automotive sales, the shareholders choose to set on the money and hope that truck and suv sales would come back instead of investing for the future. You can say what you want but we don't have to be a smokestack industry as for my self we need to get rid of the status quo before we end up like China.

I didn't get much from the clip, what exactly was I listening for and who the hell was speaking?

Former DNC Chairman Don Fowler and SC Congressman John Spratt. The YouTube video is crystal clear regarding the sound. They're laughing about Gustav making landfall on Monday when the RNC was to start.

This is YouTube spot for clearly hearing it....YouTube Link

They are finding humor in millions of displaced residents in that it will delay the Republican Convention.

Former DNC Chairman Don Fowler and SC Congressman John Spratt. The YouTube video is crystal clear regarding the sound. They're laughing about Gustav making landfall on Monday when the RNC was to start.

This is YouTube spot for clearly hearing it....YouTube Link

They are finding humor in millions of displaced residents in that it will delay the Republican Convention.

Nope, sorry. I still didn't get much from it. Still couldn't see the main person's face except for one time. The other guy is never seen in the clip. The only thing that you can really make out is the "the hurricane's going to hit about the time it starts" or something like that...

Exactly what sort of far reaching conspiracy are we looking for in this? Do I need to play it backwards to find satanic messages? Please enlighten me. Is the other guy the smoking man from the X-Files?

I didn't hear anyone laughing about "millions of displaced residents" in New Orleans. If anyone lets this clip influence how they will vote this November, then they deserve who they get.

Nope, sorry. I still didn't get much from it. Still couldn't see the main person's face except for one time. The other guy is never seen in the clip. The only thing that you can really make out is the "the hurricane's going to hit about the time it starts" or something like that...

Exactly what sort of far reaching conspiracy are we looking for in this? Do I need to play it backwards to find satanic messages? Please enlighten me. Is the other guy the smoking man from the X-Files?

I didn't hear anyone laughing about "millions of displaced residents" in New Orleans. If anyone lets this clip influence how they will vote this November, then they deserve who they get.

From what I got out of this clip.........At the time you could see his face, He IS chuckling as he says, "Plus the hurricane's gonna hit New Orleans about the time it starts". And then he adds, "That just demonstrates, God's on our side"

I'm not an overly religious person, but I do take offense to anyone using a natural disaster such as this, to claim God is in some way punishing "bad" people or rewarding "good" people.

As far as the main person, it was who I told you it was. He's already broke out the classic politicians apology so there's no more arguing WHO it was.

No far reaching conspiracy. It demonstrates that Democrats are out for votes as is any political party. Most think the Dems are for hard working people and could never say "bad" things like that.

You're reaching on this one. They are laughing about the hurricane hitting Louisiana because it forces the GOP to postpone the convention. Check the news wires, millions evacuated. They found humor in a natural disaster because in their mind it dampens the Republican's week. I also didn't say New Orleans either, you added that one.

This is a quote: "An estimated 2 million people have been evacuated from Louisiana, but as many as 10,000 remain in the New Orleans area, Johnson said."

The arctle here: Yahoo Article

As far as the main person, it was who I told you it was. He's already broke out the classic politicians apology so there's no more arguing WHO it was.

No far reaching conspiracy. It demonstrates that Democrats are out for votes as is any political party. Most think the Dems are for hard working people and could never say "bad" things like that.

You're reaching on this one. They are laughing about the hurricane hitting Louisiana because it forces the GOP to postpone the convention. Check the news wires, millions evacuated. They found humor in a natural disaster because in their mind it dampens the Republican's week. I also didn't say New Orleans either, you added that one.

This is a quote: "An estimated 2 million people have been evacuated from Louisiana, but as many as 10,000 remain in the New Orleans area, Johnson said."

So what, they made a joke. Sit behind a Republican and secretly tape them and what would you get? Same thing, maybe with a little boy intern thrown in.

What is your point? Someone made a bad joke in a private conversation so we should all vote Republican now?

With a name and location like yours, with your product not yet named....you better damn sure vote Democrat...or look for another plant or a new job.

I don't like any politicians....so i would not like their "humor" either.....all that matters is voting records..........not their ability to tell a joke in good taste or bad......

Your point that it was in bad taste is well taken.... but it was a private conversation and a private joke. How many of you have told a friend a bad or ethnic joke in private? Probably laughed because it was funny...but you know it was wrong in todays society....

To sum it all up that means nothing as to how I vote and why. How many of you vote for your local officers based on their private jokes being in good taste?

That's what i thought.

Oh and when Republicans talk to each other privately...they don't make any jokes?

Some asshole Republican intern spy must have received a good "pat on the head" for taping that private conversation. cause we all know the republicans like to pat their little boy interns on the head.

i bet they dont like to pat thier interns on the head as much as democrats like to shoot cum spots on thier interns dresses :stirpot:

I am not the one reaching here. I'm just not impressed by what everyone is finding in this clip. Why is this even noteworthy?

Correct, the quote that you are quoting is a quote, just not from the people in the clip like you said. Please look at your original post. You were the one who referred to them "finding humor in millions of displaced residents". The part in the quotes was cut and pasted directly from your first post.

You are also correct that you didn't say New Orleans. Sorry, what other city are we talking about? Could it be Seattle, maybe Poughkeepsie? Come on, get real.............

At the absolute very best, you can say is that this clip is of two guys, Democrats if you want to be partisan, that were filmed making a joke that is in poor taste.

Edited by Indy