Car sales crash in Europe!

TStag

Oh dear : http://www.just-auto.com/article.aspx?id=95646

Not good. I read in the paper this morning that sales across all premium brands had nose dived significantly in the UK. The BMW 3 Series for example was down by well over 50%, Lexus is down by well over 50%, Porsche was down by about 58%, JLR was down 57%, Aston Martin down 67%, Bentley is now on a 3 day week, Audi is down massively, so is Mercedes. The only good news is that Russia is emerging as one of the biggest car markets and brands like Land Rover are recovering lost sales in the UK by making them all back again in Russia. Simarly BMW is also reporting 2% global growth thanks to the MINI and emerging markets.

Ford is down by just 5%. An excellent result if you don't scrutinise the numbers much. Ford seems to have done really well with the small cars like the Fiesta and KA with sales increasing significantly but Fords larger models were down badly. The Ford Mondeo was down 57.4% (in line with premium brands). Right now the only cars that are selling in the UK are small CHEAP cars. Even the Peugeot 206 is down by a whopping 50% and that's a focus car. I think the Golf was down by about 45% and that's normally a safe bet. I don't have all the figures but from what I can see only really small cars are selling. And that's bad 'cos no one makes money on small cars!

Despite Ford's tremendous performance in harsh economic conditions I think making money this year will be very hard. European sales are also crashing. Not as badly as the UK but they are starting to go south too. Not pretty for anyone.

Oh dear : http://www.just-auto.com/article.aspx?id=95646

Not good. I read in the paper this morning that sales across all premium brands had nose dived significantly in the UK. The BMW 3 Series for example was down by well over 50%, Lexus is down by well over 50%, Porsche was down by about 58%, JLR was down 57%, Aston Martin down 67%, Bentley is now on a 3 day week, Audi is down massively, so is Mercedes. The only good news is that Russia is emerging as one of the biggest car markets and brands like Land Rover are recovering lost sales in the UK by making them all back again in Russia. Simarly BMW is also reporting 2% global growth thanks to the MINI and emerging markets.

Ford is down by just 5%. An excellent result if you don't scrutinise the numbers much. Ford seems to have done really well with the small cars like the Fiesta and KA with sales increasing significantly but Fords larger models were down badly. The Ford Mondeo was down 57.4% (in line with premium brands). Right now the only cars that are selling in the UK are small CHEAP cars. Even the Peugeot 206 is down by a whopping 50% and that's a focus car. I think the Golf was down by about 45% and that's normally a safe bet. I don't have all the figures but from what I can see only really small cars are selling. And that's bad 'cos no one makes money on small cars!

Despite Ford's tremendous performance in harsh economic conditions I think making money this year will be very hard. European sales are also crashing. Not as badly as the UK but they are starting to go south too. Not pretty for anyone.

Please gestapo Nick will you edit T-Stangs post he as mentioned M :censored: nde :censored: and sales have dropped 57.4% in Europe this sort of information is classified now T-Stang knows we should shoot him.

Fords Bland NEW super fresh Mondeo only sold "1,392" units in the UK which is its biggest market in the world 1 in 3 Mundanes get sold in the UK.

1,392 sales it is a world class car no doubt?

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

#'s are a direct reflection of economic and Mass....I mean gas hysteria....speaking of which where are P71, LOL, Mhlm?.....is there bannage in thum thar hills? Armada is probably blubbing in a corner without his henchmen.

Edited by Deanh

How well did its direct competition do? Sales are down for everybody, besides your obsession. :)

Yes it still out selling Ferrari, Boeing and Airbus sales wise l give you that one Ed, maybe if Ford could just make it just a wee bit more boring it could become the most exclusive mass produced car ever made just think of the prestige of that.

Yes it still out selling Ferrari, Boeing and Airbus sales wise l give you that one Ed, maybe if Ford could just make it just a wee bit more boring it could become the most exclusive mass produced car ever made just think of the prestige of that.

Jelly, please just tell us, how did its general competition do? I would guess that the cheaper 5-series, A-6 and E-class are down considerably.

I tell you what if car makers such as Ford are going to have to survive on small cars like the Ford KA and Ford Fiesta in Europe, then it makes you wonder how much point there is in selling cars in Europe? Everyone knows that small cars don't generally make much money. Their primary purpose is to generate showroom traffic for the bigger cars. Maybe small cars will need to head increasingly upmarket like the MINI to try and make up for lost profit on big cars.... mind you even the MINI only break even.

Jelly, please just tell us, how did its general competition do? I would guess that the cheaper 5-series, A-6 and E-class are down considerably.

You tell me or ask T-Stag, why cant Ford of Europe stop build shit boring cars you tell me? Why can't Ford not make one Classic from past for the folk in Europe that don't want their cars to shaped like a pile of jellymoulded dogshit its not my cup of tea. If you have the Mustang Stateside as an alternative to BORING pile of jellymoulded dogshit, why cant we have an alternative to it in Europe as well.

If Ford done it l would buy something like a new Mustang every few years from Ford.

You tell me why you have this hard-on for the Mondeo.............. besides the fact that you find it boring.

Please, give us some logical reason why every post you make, has to make some reference to the Mondeo, even if you don't mention the name.

While you are at it, please explain why all of the cars that you think are so great.............. had about the same sales decline percentage as the "M."

In other words, why don't you pull your head out of your ass, and admit that larger cars are not selling well ANYWHERE right now............... bland or not.

You tell me why you have this hard-on for the Mondeo.............. besides the fact that you find it boring.

Please, give us some logical reason why every post you make, has to make some reference to the Mondeo, even if you don't mention the name.

While you are at it, please explain why all of the cars that you think are so great.............. had about the same sales decline percentage as the "M."

In other words, why don't you pull your head out of your ass, and admit that larger cars are not selling well ANYWHERE right now............... bland or not.

personally saw the car in Ireland...LOVED it...beautiful, and classy....but then again that may be my love of Euro styling making me biased

1 3 9 2

To be honest I agree with Jelymoulds the Mondeo is a bit boring. It's too Passat like. And I'd love Ford to build a Mustang for Europe. Wait I know they could call it the Capri!

classic case of something we all seem to embrace....grass is greener on the "other" side.....

In other words, why don't you pull your head out of your ass, and admit that larger cars are not selling well ANYWHERE right now...............

ANYWHERE

CAMRY 44,064 UP 3.0%

http://www.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_3022-autosales.html

ANYWHERE

CAMRY 44,064 UP 3.0%

http://www.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_3022-autosales.html

Well that's great for Toyota. But we still don't know how well the large European cars that are the Mondeo's competition sold. Maybe Audi only sold 1,200 A-6's, and MB only sold 1,300 E-class with small engines.

The Mondeo's sales have to be compared to its competition. When I asked you, you reply Boeing. Fine, you're amused, but, until we have those figures, it appears that the Mondeo is probably doing OK against its rivals, and that means it is not a failure.

Edited by Edstock

The best selling (UK market) models in August 2008 were:

Vauxhall Corsa (3,527 )

Ford Focus (2,933 )

Vauxhall Astra (2,535 )

Volkswagen Golf (2,437 )

Ford Fiesta (2,212 )

Vauxhall Zafira (1,767 )

BMW 3 Series (1,466 )

Citroen C4 (1,367 )

Ford Mondeo (1,342) :P Another showing in the TOP "10"

Peugeot 207 (1,326 )

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIAL/car_...tent/46864.html

Sales unit number source from SMMT found on this site http://www.tiscali.co.uk/motoring/gallerie...rsales/browse/1

Edited by MKII

The best selling (UK market) models in August 2008 were:

Vauxhall Corsa (3,527 )

Ford Focus (2,933 )

Vauxhall Astra (2,535 )

Volkswagen Golf (2,437 )

Ford Fiesta (2,212 )

Vauxhall Zafira (1,767 )

BMW 3 Series (1,466 )

Citroen C4 (1,367 )

Ford Mondeo (1,342) :P Another showing in the TOP "10"

Peugeot 207 (1,326 )

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIAL/car_...tent/46864.html

Sales unit number source from SMMT found on this site http://www.tiscali.co.uk/motoring/gallerie...rsales/browse/1

Yes, but how much are GM and Ford making on cars like the Fiesta? And with sales of cars like the Mondeo falling how will this effect profits? At least profits should be reasonable on the Focus.

Posting the UK August sales numbers are for the other forum readers to get a clear picture of UK sales, as Jellymould was painting quite a muddy picture for Ford.

Also should mention that year to date Ford still holds #1 spot on market share in the UK.

Posting the UK August sales numbers are for the other forum readers to get a clear picture of UK sales, as Jellymould was painting quite a muddy picture for Ford.

Also should mention that year to date Ford still holds #1 spot on market share in the UK.

Ford might still be No1 in market share but they have lost over 50% market share in the UK since 1981 and they don't have BL to complete against today, first time since the late 60's a non-Ford Vauxhall makes it to No1 in June & August the first time in decades.

No 1 in market share means nothing to me.

No 1 60% of market

No 2 10% of market

No1 29% of market

No2 28% of market