letter to return to work

fordtpworker1993

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is he about mid fifties, worked in the frame plant for a while, and transferred from Monroe about 2 years ago?

:reading: He's black, about 5' 6" friendly, (as if you trades aren't, LOL) always has a smile. Not sure if Monroe was where he transferred from, but it was about 2 years ago when I met him. . . He's a great guy and sure will miss him, since he always listened to my problem on the line and then stayed until I was running good. . . He's a great support person for us production people.

:reading: Was told a few weeks back that we'll work till November. Maybe til the 3rd week. . . All of December should be off with retooling going on in December. . . We might come back the 2nd week in January. . . Please, let's not take this as gospel, since things are fluid with the changes going on. . . Also, I understand that we may get asked again in December to leave. . . One last try with Buyout Pkgs. . . The Cleaners should be interested, since they have to make up their minds to leave or return to the Line. There jobs will be outsourced beginning January.

Well not sure how this will pan out but expect to work Saturday and Sunday till the middle of Nov. Tour Guides have already been told to expect production to run on the weekend. They have been getting so many calls to cancel tours because of the production not running and folks getting pissed because in the end that is what they are paying to see.

I think Motorbay would be working the most due to repair processes being streamlined. Some of the repair guys are in KC this week to see what they do and how they have been fixing issues when they arrise because they have been working on them for sometime now. Expect the first 2 weeks to go really slow.

Well not sure how this will pan out but expect to work Saturday and Sunday till the middle of Nov. Tour Guides have already been told to expect production to run on the weekend. They have been getting so many calls to cancel tours because of the production not running and folks getting pissed because in the end that is what they are paying to see.

I think Motorbay would be working the most due to repair processes being streamlined. Some of the repair guys are in KC this week to see what they do and how they have been fixing issues when they arrise because they have been working on them for sometime now. Expect the first 2 weeks to go really slow.

I thought sundays were voluntary? From what I was told by the dealership is demand for the 09 is low. But who knows? Maybe we can overload the dealer lots again and have next summer off too! Not looking forward to monday! There is going to be so many pissed off people who came from C-crew to B-Crew who dont want to be on that shift! I wonder how many times I will here when the next bump will be. Or that the union is not answering the phone. Or how many down weeks were getting! I can honestly say I havent missed DTP at all!

I really hope you don't think FORD will pay production Overtime to come in and work Saturday and Sunday just so people on a tour can see the line running!! Do the Math FORD will pay more to have line run than they will bring in on Tour....A days worth of tours will not cover the Overtime cost of manpower....If they run weekends its not because of a Tour....

I'm not so sure. I think with all the rebates on trucks, they may be making more of a profit on the tours. Don't forget there is a gift shop.

Heard no downtime till Dec. ,but I wouldn't plan on any overtime.

Edited by napbob

I thought sundays were voluntary? From what I was told by the dealership is demand for the 09 is low. But who knows? Maybe we can overload the dealer lots again and have next summer off too! Not looking forward to monday! There is going to be so many pissed off people who came from C-crew to B-Crew who dont want to be on that shift! I wonder how many times I will here when the next bump will be. Or that the union is not answering the phone. Or how many down weeks were getting! I can honestly say I havent missed DTP at all!

Yeah I'm one of them and yes I want to know when the bump will be. I think it's bullshit I got to go to nightshift but I'll just have to suck it up til the bump.

$12 a tour ticket(if that what it cost) x 2000 people(if they have that many)=$24,000

I think it cost alot more than $24,000 to run an assembly plant on Saturday...I see no profit to run an assembly plant just so people can see the line run.

Uhhhhhh...... I think he was being sarcastic! Wow!

brother your working,,please ,there are thousands of us in jsp and your pissed cause you have to work,,just simply amazing

Uhhhhhh...... I think he was being sarcastic! Wow!

Nope like I said it could be that Motorbay works most of it. Chances are they will work all of them because of the fact the tour gets to see trucks moving out of the rolls to the repair or cal line. After all that is what they really want to see.

Whether anyone wants to admit it or not comes December we could be stocking the plant lots with trucks becuase by that downtime we would be getting. But I think it has to do with the Motorbay working and the tours going on. Depending on the outcome in November is what they may be looking at...

Nope like I said it could be that Motorbay works most of it. Chances are they will work all of them because of the fact the tour gets to see trucks moving out of the rolls to the repair or cal line. After all that is what they really want to see.

The tour only goes around the trim department, they can't see the Motorbay or the CAL line.

I'm not so sure. I think with all the rebates on trucks, they may be making more of a profit on the tours. Don't forget there is a gift shop.

Heard no downtime till Dec. ,but I wouldn't plan on any overtime.

I worked in stamping and we were told that Dec. was cancelled because the truck plant will be running. Something about a 180 day supply and now they have only a 90 day supply. The plant manager said they are being optimistic that the trucks will sell.

with general on this one. Ford is not going to pay us to work saturday for a damn tour. Dont care who says what they aint going to sell the 09' till market stats goin up come on people how long has everybody worked for ford, its going to be slow for awhile then shit will start picking up we all gota thank god we still got a job. I pray for our brothers and sisters thats in gen hopefully everybody will start working soon. We all got familys or something that we gota work for we just all gota pull together. Monday is going to be very interesting at DTP.

brother your working,,please ,there are thousands of us in jsp and your pissed cause you have to work,,just simply amazing

You got me wrong brother. Maybe I didnt type it right! I'm very thankful for my job! I'm just saying, that this union does not inform the membership of whats going on! Its going to be "shit house politics" with nobody knowing nothing, but everybody has a answer! What I was saying was I dont miss the "GRIND" ! I wish you well and good fortune!

people act like that just because DTP is going back to work Monday that all of a sudden trucks are selling.....I see plenty of 2008 still on lots...Those 2009 will be parked right beside the 2008 til the economy picks up...

FORD is asking the government for billions in a loan,I guess that loan is to pay DTP to work Saturday and Sunday so the line can run for tours!!! I think FORD has more problems to worry about than trying to accomodate the public with tours of DTP...

Exactly. They are not worried a bit about tours right now, trust me. Sales are so bad and

couldnt be a worse time to launch the flagship vehicle but..... the show must go on,

hopefully till the govt loans come thru.

Update as of yesterday Local 600 is leveling Rouge site seniority as of now to hold the site is June or July of 2000.

Some that where called back to body because of there classification where called yesterday and told they are still on ILO due to the leveling Rouge site wide.

Now granted this is before all the buyouts take effect so I am sure that date will change but thats it as of now, DEFTP chairman has tried to get the leveling period to hold off until after the buyouts but apparently to no avail. DEFTP union reps came around last night to inform the 40 people they will be losing because of this what is happening.

:redcard: They can see Motor Bay and the Rolls Test behind the 2 way mirrors above the CAL line.

They are not just doing this for a tour. Sure that has it's own part of it but I was simply trying to inform people that the tour workers have been notified that we will be running the weekend. Can you say training for the truck or Stocl pile for later. I think more points to the training factor. We will see this week but hey just don't start getting pissed when the main line does not work and repair and cal do. And people wonder why those areas are kinda seperated from the rest of the plant with the tech classification.

Labor finally did something right, someone from labor called me and told me I DO NOT have to report on Monday the 22, they are processing my STEP paperwork :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: about time they did some thing right. So that leveling date will probably change as I am sure I am not the only one they called. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Labor finally did something right, someone from labor called me and told me I DO NOT have to report on Monday the 22, they are processing my STEP paperwork :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: about time they did some thing right. So that leveling date will probably change as I am sure I am not the only one they called. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Are you taking the buyout?