2009 F-150 Status

WillSD

Can anyone at Kansas City and Dearborn Truck provide an update on the status of the 2009 F-150 launch. Our first units have finally been scheduled (retail orders placed in June) with production weeks of 9/29/2008 and 10/6/2009. Have any units been released? According to vehicle locator, there are no 2009 F-150's in dealer inventory. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone at Kansas City and Dearborn Truck provide an update on the status of the 2009 F-150 launch. Our first units have finally been scheduled (retail orders placed in June) with production weeks of 9/29/2008 and 10/6/2009. Have any units been released? According to vehicle locator, there are no 2009 F-150's in dealer inventory. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Dtp will start production on 9-22-08. We will be at full speed in adout 2 weeks.We build all the high end models here.h Hope this helps

Dtp will start production on 9-22-08. We will be at full speed in adout 2 weeks.We build all the high end models here.h Hope this helps

KCAP has been building the 2009 F-150's for about a month now, but as far as I know they are not released to the public due to the large amount of 08's still on lots. I do not know the exact release date sorry. I can tell you that we build the high end and all other trucks here and are running well now. and dtp, im sorry but there is no way you will be full speed in two weeks. It is not possible, you will sp end the f irst week building about 10 a day and the second trying to get up near 100. KCAP started job 1 on august 25th and we are still not FULL speed. We are at about 400 in a 8 hour shift. Any news on whats going to happen with the trucks? Still no news here at all, the newest rumor to swirl around is that we are going to be down sometime in October and maybe December.

Believe it or not, DTP will be at full speed in the 2nd week due to our ignorant management team. They can care less if it's not built right because they can fix it later. The first week will be spent on locating people to jobs, the following week will be spent with slinging the WHIP.

Thank you for your responses. Why Ford will not provide dealers with this information is beyond me. Now if Ford would start scheduling stock units from the order banks. We need trucks!

I'm hearing a possible release by the 1st of October. I am working 12 hours Saturday and possibly Sunday to replace every SC front door striker with a revised striker, SC only. We have around 4000 units sitting outside.

I'm hearing a possible release by the 1st of October. I am working 12 hours Saturday and possibly Sunday to replace every SC front door striker with a revised striker, SC only. We have around 4000 units sitting outside.

Did they lose the rubber bumper on it ? how are the fits going there ?when we ran some earlier this year the fits where all jacked up ,several B-pillars caved in due to the fitting hammers. One thing is for sure ya cant fit this truck like ones of the past with triple metal. I sure hope they have improved the fits coming from body thru paint, final fitters should just be finessing the openings not completely loosening the bolts to refit a truck.

Believe it or not, DTP will be at full speed in the 2nd week due to our ignorant management team. They can care less if it's not built right because they can fix it later. The first week will be spent on locating people to jobs, the following week will be spent with slinging the WHIP.

You hit the nail on the head brother!

Did they lose the rubber bumper on it ? how are the fits going there ?when we ran some earlier this year the fits where all jacked up ,several B-pillars caved in due to the fitting hammers. One thing is for sure ya cant fit this truck like ones of the past with triple metal. I sure hope they have improved the fits coming from body thru paint, final fitters should just be finessing the openings not completely loosening the bolts to refit a truck.

Super cab is the problem child right now. Rubber bumper still there but has been thinned out and the rubber is less dense ( softer ), CC and Reg use the original rubber on striker, fits are improving, just need to fine tune, CC comes out ok but have to really work job to get it, reg is much better without small rear door. It's early and we have revised doors coming from DSP, crossing my fingers that they were moved the right way.

Can't use hammer on rocker or dop, metal has been thinned out, you will dent them every time. Very limited on what you can do, if body doesn't get it right your fu*^%$, all I can say is learn as you go.

Edited by kalu

Pioneer. I can't wait for you to join the ranks of NAP, AAP, SLAP...It's not fun, but you move on!

Whats to wait for? My plant will be closed by the end of the year, and I am currently in JSP with no possible chance to return to it.

Different between me and others on this board is I will not compare Monroe to any other plant. I will not live in the past.

Can someone from DTP verify a report that was printed in the KC Star that hourly workers have been teaching salaried workers how to build the 09 F150 station by station using the same instructions and tools that the hourly workers use. And how is that going?

It's going great taught my boss how to do my job so now all I have to do is sit back on the computer and make sure he gets paid and deny him vacation days when he asks for them. We also are able to write up our supervisors up here already got mine for 3 days off :hysterical: life is good.

*sarcasm off* come on KCSD are you kidding me ? please tell me you are not that gullible

Can someone from DTP verify a report that was printed in the KC Star that hourly workers have been teaching salaried workers how to build the 09 F150 station by station using the same instructions and tools that the hourly workers use. And how is that going?

Yep, thats true! When we returned back to work Monday there was one truck sitting middle way on line 7 (which is the last line before it rolls off chassis) and our supervisor told us that salary had built that truck(including herself) with the oversee of the lunch team and permisson from the Union! Go figure!

By the way, we will be every other skillet tomorrow. I'm not sure but I think they are trying to ram this launch down our throat!

It's going great taught my boss how to do my job so now all I have to do is sit back on the computer and make sure he gets paid and deny him vacation days when he asks for them. We also are able to write up our supervisors up here already got mine for 3 days off :hysterical: life is good.

*sarcasm off* come on KCSD are you kidding me ? please tell me you are not that gullible

Hey lquidspine I was just asking a question because i read the article in the KC Paper written by Sarah A Webster from the Detroit Free press stating what i wrote early. Boy some one needs to take a chill pill you are wrapped way to tight. I did not say I believed it but i like to get the facts before jumping to conclusions.