2009 F-150 Status

WillSD

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the tour is money you millbilly :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Here are the numbers , hopefully your feeble mind can comprehend.

The Ford Rouge Factory Tour nets about $ 700 dollars a bus load ( I'm guessing 50 per bus, even though i highly doubt they average that). I will for the sake of argument give them 20 busses a day even though I doubt it's that high, with those figures they would make 14,000 dollars a day for the tours. Now how much of that do you think goes to upkeep to run the tours? ( buses , tour guides and facilities upkeep). Ya really think that would help keep a plant open ? I mean really ?

Let me throw some other figures in there smarty pants, roughly 1,100 workers per shift. Paying the workers alone is around 246,400.00 dollars a day and thats at an average below real wage rates, thats not taking into account all the hourly that have classified jobs and Not including salaried wages.

Do you really still think that a fucking tour supports that plant ? If you still believe that then I pity you, you will end up as one of the ones that has to work 50 years because you can not figure out basic economics that my dumb ass can. So therefore you will need work even longer in hopes of "getting your nest egg".

Good luck dumb ass.

Now for real news: people in paint shop where told today that the week of October 27th afternoons will start at 5pm.

Edited by lquidspine

Let's just put this thread to rest shall we. Hopefully everyone knows that the tour money that it takes in goes straight to The Henry Ford and Greenfield Village.

Each bus load is around the 25 person mark.

And your right about the start time in paint. We let people know today to expect one more week of 3:30 then going to 5:00

Oh and that thing about C crew! Well one word Feb.....

Reason why? Additional Product

I heard we were off for Jan & Feb......I can't see c-crew coming back unless things pick up

Things don't have to pick up for a plant to add another shift. What if they slow down how many trucks they put out and put something in the middle. Look for word near the Thanksgiving break. They are telling you guys we are not off the whole month of December but that is still a go.

Things don't have to pick up for a plant to add another shift. What if they slow down how many trucks they put out and put something in the middle. Look for word near the Thanksgiving break. They are telling you guys we are not off the whole month of December but that is still a go.

if sales don't pick up we'll loose b-crew in july and might slow production down to 40-50 hour and reduce worker numbers down to say90. senority rules bye bye low senority never again c-crew

if sales don't pick up we'll loose b-crew in july and might slow production down to 40-50 hour and reduce worker numbers down to say90. senority rules bye bye low senority never again c-crew

Look just for arguments sake your right! Well I am just saying that so you stop running your trap but just wait and see. Kinda hard to take a plant down another shift if your doing another launch soon....

Your basis for your argument is on one vehicle. Think outside of that...

Agreed

DTP Final Assembly is Ford`s showcase plant.That being said Ford is a consumer product company and business decisions are always market driven.My opinion,there is more to a vehicle purchase than just gas mileage.There will always be a need for trucks.DTP must compete with Kansas City to be the second truck plant.KTP will be the other one.If that premise is true then the positives and negatives of DTP vs.Kansas City must be examined and none of us has all those decision making facts.It is nothing personal against anybody but I am getting tired of this game of 'musical chairs' and don`t run me down telling me to take a buyout because I asked a simple question about the SER which was; what assurance do I have that Ford will continue to pay me a check every month?I was ignored.I need a job too.You people that think that when a person hits 50 years old they are suddenly independently wealthy are wrong.Here is a clue,it gets harder,not easier.The stresses and rigid time requirements that go along with a factory job take a cumulative toll on a human being.Seniority is earned and will mean something ONLY when you have more,right?Sorry that is not Unionism and none of us would have it as good as we do without the UAW.Good-Luck

Edited by Fatso

It is nothing personal against anybody but I am getting tired of this game of 'musical chairs' and don`t run me down telling me to take a buyout because I asked a simple question about the SER which was; what assurance do I have that Ford will continue to pay me a check every month?I was ignored.I need a job too.

I can assure you that you will get paid 40 hours or a percentage of that 40 hours a week as outlined in the 2007 agreement. Besides that there are no guarantees we are contracted employees, and we will get that at least untill 2011.

Edited by lquidspine

Here is my understanding of an SER.The money is broken down into two equal parts.Only one part is fully funded and that is the part that you can start to collect under normal circumstances at age 62.Ford`s regular pension fund is fully funded.The second part,the 'special deal' part is NOT fully funded.So I ask myself how can a large corporation that is losing billions of dollars every quarter in a tough economic environment cut me a 'special early retirement' check every month right after Alan Mullaly gets his check?Anyways I still need a job even with the SER check and I hear that the last thing Wal-Mart wants is any middle-aged ex-UAW employee hanging around the store earning $8 an hour telling all the other employees how the company is screwing them.I wish everyone good-luck.That being said everyone needs to decide what gives them the best chance of economic survival.NO, being 50 years old and working at Ford`s for at least 10 years does not spell instant millionaire.We are factory labor skilled and unskilled not Cardiologist and University Professor`s.

Edited by Fatso