2009 F-150 Status

WillSD

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two weeks ago at KCAP when they had the launch of the 09 F-150 with all the big wigs there for the media, Henricks stated that Ford will stay with the F-150. It will rebound from what the sales are now once the economy returns to normalcy,and stated Ford will need 2 plants to build the F-150's and 1 Plant to build the Super Duty. Is this just talk or the truth? time will tell.

Dude' let it fucking go!!! Shit man! I'm glad we're not NAP anymore, we worked like dogs down there! Hell, we're in the Country Club now! :happy feet:

Well said country! I love workin at DTP too. These ppl have no idea how they killed us

dwn there in Norfolk, even when i got to old paint @ NAP i did twice the work the paint

shop at DTP does! They think im a star cause i know like 25 jobs here and can learn

any in 10min or so! lol They can thnk old dictator Stanley Wilson i guess! :reading:

Well said country! I love workin at DTP too. These ppl have no idea how they killed us

dwn there in Norfolk, even when i got to old paint @ NAP i did twice the work the paint

shop at DTP does! They think im a star cause i know like 25 jobs here and can learn

any in 10min or so! lol They can thnk old dictator Stanley Wilson i guess! :reading:

Too bad Stanley retired and went to Black Water, that's who they need up here to run this place. He would be exploding on these dumb fucks everyday! We need some people like him in management and not a plant manager that thinks he's running a fucking country club and worried about how he looks for the tours!

Too bad Stanley retired and went to Black Water, that's who they need up here to run this place. He would be exploding on these dumb fucks everyday! We need some people like him in management and not a plant manager that thinks he's running a fucking country club and worried about how he looks for the tours!

Shit, he would have a heart attack with all this bullshit up here a DTP!

As we all know this is "Media week" here a DTP for the launch of the new f150. So what do we do after lunch...........drive and hide all the junk outside! Build'em now, fix'em later! AND also at this time I would like to thank the launch team and salary for a great launch here a DTP! :finger:

Dtp will start production on 9-22-08. We will be at full speed in adout 2 weeks.We build all the high end models here.h Hope this helps

Well your going into your 4th week, I know you said you would be up to full speed in 2 weeks I figured I'd give some extra time to see how your status is, so are guys hitting full production.

Well your going into your 4th week, I know you said you would be up to full speed in 2 weeks I figured I'd give some extra time to see how your status is, so are guys hitting full production.

We could get full production right now but the only problem is they have to stop the line to clean up the junk because they run out of room to park shit! It looks like I64 south bound at the Hampton Bridge tunnel right before the 4th of July.....Jacked up and ain't shit movin'! :hysterical:

Two weeks ago at KCAP when they had the launch of the 09 F-150 with all the big wigs there for the media, Henricks stated that Ford will stay with the F-150. It will rebound from what the sales are now once the economy returns to normalcy,and stated Ford will need 2 plants to build the F-150's and 1 Plant to build the Super Duty. Is this just talk or the truth? time will tell.

It keeps changing day to day. Who knows.

yes Stanley knew a lost cause when he saw one and knew when to get out.

It keeps changing day to day. Who knows.

according to our local. (which means shit). They had a meeting last week with the powers that be and that the crew that they moved over to the SUV side, will return to the truck side on november 17th. So that means that KCAP will have 2 shifts building trucks, so do you think that they will also need 2 from DTP? I want some real answers soon. Iknow they want to keep things a little shaky so guys like me will sign up for the buyout(which just opened this week) but that is not going to work with me. We are told that to change the skillets or whatever you call them at DTP would cost too much money to change over to fit for the 8" box. People at DTP say that during christmas it will be done. I just wish that someone would step up and tell us what the hell is going on.

according to our local. (which means shit). They had a meeting last week with the powers that be and that the crew that they moved over to the SUV side, will return to the truck side on november 17th. So that means that KCAP will have 2 shifts building trucks, so do you think that they will also need 2 from DTP? I want some real answers soon. Iknow they want to keep things a little shaky so guys like me will sign up for the buyout(which just opened this week) but that is not going to work with me. We are told that to change the skillets or whatever you call them at DTP would cost too much money to change over to fit for the 8" box. People at DTP say that during christmas it will be done. I just wish that someone would step up and tell us what the hell is going on.

I agree lets hear it , but then again it's all market driven and right now the market is shit. The only good thing for both plants (KC and DTP) is that F-150's are not some niche SUV they are a vehicle that is used by many for different things. Anything from using a truck to work to using it to pull toys, SUV's where a niche vehicle that will go up and down more in sales more than trucks in my humble opinion.

When DTP came back on September 22nd we where told that the December downtime for retooling for the regular cab 8ft box was canceled, so for now the thought of DTP getting all of the F-150 production is not real unless Ford plans on not making any regular cabs with 8 ft boxes......fat chance.

Also the one of the body shop barganing rep's seems to believe DTP will have a 3rd shift again within 6 months , but then again I will believe it when i see it, my personal opinion is Fat Chance without another product.

Edited by lquidspine

I agree lets hear it , but then again it's all market driven and right now the market is shit. The only good thing for both plants (KC and DTP) is that F-150's are not some niche SUV they are a vehicle that is used by many for different things. Anything from using a truck to work to using it to pull toys, SUV's where a niche vehicle that will go up and down more in sales more than trucks in my humble opinion.

When DTP came back on September 22nd we where told that the December downtime for retooling for the regular cab 8ft box was canceled, so for now the thought of DTP getting all of the F-150 production is not real unless Ford plans on not making any regular cabs with 8 ft boxes......fat chance.

Also the one of the body shop barganing rep's seems to believe DTP will have a 3rd shift again within 6 months , but then again I will believe it when i see it, my personal opinion is Fat Chance without another product.

mcmoney28 and liquidspine in over 20+years at ford building f-series there are a few things i have learned about ford. quality don't mean alot when it gets down to it. money talks and the bs walks. no body any of you talk to knows what will happen next with this truck and which plant will continue to build the 150. 2 shifts at kc thats a joke. the c-crew comes back a dtp nope not happening. you need to look at the number of sales. down down down. dtp just might loose its b-crew if sales don't pick up by july shut down at dtp. plus both kc and dtp might drop production down to 45-50 a hour on 1shift at both plants. kc is a huge plant and can hold another product in place of the 150 dtp makes money off the tours and its enough to keep dtp open with the 150 even at 1 shift if sales get that bad. i believe it true about the 8ft. box in the cost to retool dtp on an even playing field but its not we are an amusement park to, and that money made off the tours well off-sets the cost of retooling for the 8ft box and the cost of only building the truck at dtp. add in dtp is bills baby and trophy plant as well as the f-150 still being the flag ship of the company will keep the f-150 at dtp and kc will get another product in place of the truck. for those who think quality will be the deciding factor your wrong. that won't factor in one bit, its just managements way of getting you to work harder and try to sell your co-workers out. i work at one plant and have visited the other and quality is about the same.

Here goes another person saying FORD would base production around that damn plant tour ford gives at DTP.....If FORD cared about that damn tour DTP would not have been down for 3 months!!!! That tour has nothing to do with the plans FORD has for DTP...

sounds like another c-crew cry baby that won't get back in, and on top of that i'd bet your from wixom wa wa wa

mcmoney28 and liquidspine in over 20+years at ford building f-series there are a few things i have learned about ford. quality don't mean alot when it gets down to it. money talks and the bs walks. no body any of you talk to knows what will happen next with this truck and which plant will continue to build the 150. 2 shifts at kc thats a joke. the c-crew comes back a dtp nope not happening. you need to look at the number of sales. down down down. dtp just might loose its b-crew if sales don't pick up by july shut down at dtp. plus both kc and dtp might drop production down to 45-50 a hour on 1shift at both plants. kc is a huge plant and can hold another product in place of the 150 dtp makes money off the tours and its enough to keep dtp open with the 150 even at 1 shift if sales get that bad. i believe it true about the 8ft. box in the cost to retool dtp on an even playing field but its not we are an amusement park to, and that money made off the tours well off-sets the cost of retooling for the 8ft box and the cost of only building the truck at dtp. add in dtp is bills baby and trophy plant as well as the f-150 still being the flag ship of the company will keep the f-150 at dtp and kc will get another product in place of the truck. for those who think quality will be the deciding factor your wrong. that won't factor in one bit, its just managements way of getting you to work harder and try to sell your co-workers out. i work at one plant and have visited the other and quality is about the same.

Did you even read my post before you added my name to your reply ?

Nelly for your information Allot of people from C-crew went to days and afternoons because Allot of people on C-crew actually had some seniority, might wanna get some facts strait before you start bashing people and really adding nothing real new(s)... to the conversation.

I think the tour would be just as much as a factor in deciding a plants fate as say umm quality.... neither means shit when it all hits the fan.

Nelly, this post just shows what a dumb short fuck you really are! 20+ years and still on the assembly line, do you ever wonder why dumbass.........

the tour is money you millbilly :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Nelly is most likely one that has been fired and brought back!!! Has no clue how things work and gets by on who he knows...

Nelly should, take that DTP TOUR that he thinks dictates how FORD runs production,to learn some things!!!

no your wrong as like always i have 2x the time you do inbreed