2009 F-150 Status

WillSD

Hey lquidspine I was just asking a question because i read the article in the KC Paper written by Sarah A Webster from the Detroit Free press stating what i wrote early. Boy some one needs to take a chill pill you are wrapped way to tight. I did not say I believed it but i like to get the facts before jumping to conclusions.

I'm not wrapped to tight bro, but apparently I was wrong anyway :redcard: .

Sorry If I came across as attacking you but I'm a smart ass and wrote that reply in such a manner thats why I added the *sarcasm off* at the bottom. But again seems I was wrong according to Big's reply so I guess the lesson here is don't take to much of my stuff seriously unless I am posting contract pages :happy feet: .

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't matter if you were at work when management built that truck you would have sit back and let them and not said a word,cause you scared they might take your gravy job away ....or boot you to nights!!!

Yer right, I wouldn't have said nothing......................BECAUSE I DON'T GIVE A SHIT! :happy feet:

Can anyone at Kansas City and Dearborn Truck provide an update on the status of the 2009 F-150 launch. Our first units have finally been scheduled (retail orders placed in June) with production weeks of 9/29/2008 and 10/6/2009. Have any units been released? According to vehicle locator, there are no 2009 F-150's in dealer inventory. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

KCAP got the OK to ship on thursday, but there may be a hold as of friday, there was a concern with a steering gear malfunction from the vendor on an Expedition I hear, we use the same rack. We had people in the yard all day today and will be tomarrow to go through and buy them off hopefully they will start getting to the dealers soon. :happy feet:

I'm hearing a possible release by the 1st of October. I am working 12 hours Saturday and possibly Sunday to replace every SC front door striker with a revised striker, SC only. We have around 4000 units sitting outside.

They still have not figured out that stricker situation. I used to work at DAP and put the stricker in on trim line four and it was an absolute mess then. Bring out the hammer and go to town on it!!!

They still have not figured out that stricker situation. I used to work at DAP and put the stricker in on trim line four and it was an absolute mess then. Bring out the hammer and go to town on it!!!

The plate is off location, yep break out the hammer.

Give KCAP a cookie they are up to building 400 gas guzzlers a day....

Surprises me to, but it's work for now RIGHT! :shrug: I'm sure we will have some downtime sometime, or maybe not, hell who knows.I remember in the late seventies the government told the big three to cut production due to the so called gas shortage , hell Ohio truck was working 7 days a week building Econolines. Go figure. What kind of cookies do you have? :wub:

Thanks Kalu for your updates. We received our first 2009 F150 this morning; a 4x2 Regular Cab XLT with the 5.4. Three initial observations: (1) love the new tailgate, (2) like the look without the "suicide" access doors & (3) could they perhaps make the F150 badging on the front fenders just a little LARGER. Great job KCAP.

They built one of those Raptor truck's yesterday, they had it all wrapped up with that camouflaged covering but it looked good from what I saw, I guess it'll get about 8 or 9 mpg...lol...they should sell like hotcakes! but it did look good!

I think they had better focus on building and launching the 09 rather than jumping the gun and building the raptor!

Thanks Kalu for your updates. We received our first 2009 F150 this morning; a 4x2 Regular Cab XLT with the 5.4. Three initial observations: (1) love the new tailgate, (2) like the look without the "suicide" access doors & (3) could they perhaps make the F150 badging on the front fenders just a little LARGER. Great job KCAP.

They are huge, be careful when opening the tailgate with the integrated step, it drops fast and hard until halfway down, I think the torsion bar should be increased, we are trying to get the company to take a look at it, other than that its cool.

Shipping daily, down from 5000 in lots to around 1000, plus whats leaving the plant daily.

I hated fitting the 08 reg cab, I like the single door much better, we have been running several 2009.5, only change the customer would see is the rubber strip running across the radiator support to keep the water out of the engine compartment . SELL SELL SELL..... :rockon:

There has been lots of talk about DTP getting a new product and KCAP getting all the trucks. Heard from several people today that DTP was going to be down for up to 18 months after the first of the year and all truck pruduction was to be moved back to KC. Along with this they will be cutting out the 3rd shift on the suv side at KCAP. Anyone from DTP hearing rumors like this?

There has been lots of talk about DTP getting a new product and KCAP getting all the trucks. Heard from several people today that DTP was going to be down for up to 18 months after the first of the year and all truck pruduction was to be moved back to KC. Along with this they will be cutting out the 3rd shift on the suv side at KCAP. Anyone from DTP hearing rumors like this?

Rumor here at KC is that night shift truck production will start back up in February :reading:

And I have a bridge for sale in New York.

:reading: The latest word from DTP is, KCAP and DTP are working towards survival of the truck. . . Quality will determine who gets it. . . Back in July and Aug DTP tried skids in paint for the 8' box and also had a 8' box in the Trim Department. . . They were just checking what needs to be done to make it fit. . . During the vacation shutdown, the engine line was lengthened to fit a new engine. . . IF . . . DTP gets the truck, retooling will begin at X-Mas shutdown. . . Scheduled release date of trucks from DTP is Oct. 23rd.

:reading: The latest word from DTP is, KCAP and DTP are working towards survival of the truck. . . Quality will determine who gets it. . . Back in July and Aug DTP tried skids in paint for the 8' box and also had a 8' box in the Trim Department. . . They were just checking what needs to be done to make it fit. . . During the vacation shutdown, the engine line was lengthened to fit a new engine. . . IF . . . DTP gets the truck, retooling will begin at X-Mas shutdown. . . Scheduled release date of trucks from DTP is Oct. 23rd.

Well, if QUALITY determines who will get the truck then it will be most definitely be KC!

Hey B.C.

If QUALITY is what Ford wants, they'll reopen NORFOLK ASSEMBLY!!!

Lets not go there! We know NAP was land locked, no more room to expand. So unless Ford spent hundreds of Millions of Dollars to demolition the site and start from scratch, lay everyone off for god knows how long, it's demise was inevitable. The downsizing of the company made this decision as well as capacity to build to many trucks, not very cost effective. NAP was the unfortunate loser, someone had to be. You either took a buyout, or transfer. The decision was all yours to do which ever. Be glad you were offered a job somewhere else and move on. I know it's hard to uproot, I did several years ago, I am hundreds of miles from my family. ForkMeI'mDone hope you do well...