Chesapeake's Big Push for CNG

Did anyone see Chesapeake Energy Co. two page ad in yesterday's Detroit Free Press? I'm sure Chesapeake must have run that huge ad in every major newspaper in America. Must have been multi million dollar ad campaign. It is really trying to convince Detroit and American people that CNG and vehicles is the right way to go like we have talked about on here. It showed home filling stations in home garages in ad and lamented that Ford and GM used to offer CNG vehicles, but doesn't anymore. Ad stated that CNG costs 40% less than gas and burns much cleaner and doesn't leave deposits on engine resulting in less maintenance costs. And of course CNG doesn't have to be imported and creates jobs in America.

People actually still read newspapers?

One sometimes gets tired of the bullshit blogs and little, simple snippets on the internet. The Free Press sometimes does investigative reporting and even brought down the mayor of Detroit with good, investigative work that only newspapers do. This country will be in even bigger trouble when newspapers are gone.

People actually still read newspapers?

All the US financial systems has collapsed and you will be paying a lot more tax in the future Nick just thought l would get you up to speed on the news since you were away, l think T-Stag has topped himself gotta say l miss his posts, how did you holiday go Nick was it a bit windy?

Your be pleased to know l never mentioned the you know what M word whilst you was away. :angel:

One sometimes gets tired of the bullshit blogs and little, simple snippets on the internet. The Free Press sometimes does investigative reporting and even brought down the mayor of Detroit with good, investigative work that only newspapers do. This country will be in even bigger trouble when newspapers are gone.

I'll visit news websites and read the exact same articles that are in the papers. I was speaking more of actual physical newspapers. I don't think I've actually opened a physical newspaper in about 2 years. I'll visit their websites, but why the heck would anyone actually subscribe to have a newspaper delivered to their house every day? It's an outdated concept.

What amazes me is that I have some "friends" (note the quotes) that keep saying CNG is a scam. Even it it wasn't 40% less expensive, I would rather have my dollars stay within the US !

You can go order a CNG Honda today and Toyota will have a CNG Prius in a year or so.

Of course all of the current Ford management has forgotten that they used to build CNG Crown Vics and F150.

Sigh. No corporate memory

Edited by theoldwizard