Make sure the right salary is seperated

Imawhosure

Mr. Ford and Management Team,

I happen to be an hourly worker at your assembly plant in Chicago.

With what appears to be another restructuring coming in Jan, and salary personnel being the ones to be removed from our plants, I am highly disturbed about "the way things have always been" attitude on rating salary up until this point.

I have always gotten along with most of your salary team inside the plant, and have discussed many impending issues with them individually on a regular basis. What seems out of kilter to me, is the rating system that this company has employed. You see, in our plant it is told to me that they ratings go something like this, excellent, excellent plus, and then something else I can't quite remember.

This would be fine..........if it wasn't for the fact that the ratings are totally subjective, and in many cases highly inaccurate; biased towards seniority salary personnel. It absolutely amazes me that your own salary people scoff when a "highest rating," or "next to the highest rating," is given to people whom everyone agrees "couldn't manage to pull toilet paper off the roll in a head!"

These people I speak of, (and there are many with ratings that no one can believe) have little idea what is going on, are not respected by the bluecollar workers, they are having to be bailed out consistently by their fellow salary team, and we will rue the day if we do this by ratings and seniority, that many a "salary team member left or was removed."

How did this happen Mr. Ford and Management Team???? Well, I can only guess, but let me try, just because I think I need a reason to make my point!!!!!!

You see, I am sure you do NOT want many of your YOUNG salary team moving up in rank to fast, as that would cost money in grade pay advancement. Since seniority is already been moved to higher grades......or should've been if they were any good.......and even if they weren't, were moved up during the goodtimes, Ford was forced to "stunt" the growth of pay advances inside the company, and at the plant level. So then, if and when you go to investigate the salary "scorecard" as it were, it gives a distorted view of what is really going on.

Needless to say, while I have no solution for your dillema, you should consider an investigetion, plant by plant, to insure the best of the best stay. I am not suggesting that all seniority supervision is incompetent sir, in fact many are quite good as well as respected. What I am suggesting to our management team is----> if you keep those that our incompetent, I know our plant CAP will not run worth a darn, as those who used to save the incompetent ones, will be out the door due to the method of rating these people which I have provided above.

Working as a respected, trusted, and competent team member(hourly, salary) inside the FPS system that you have chosen for us to run under, from what everyone that is aware of this situation in both hourly and salary, is not reflected accurately in these ratings.

Please sir, send us a board member who is highly intelligent to interview our salary, not only in respect to themselves but departments as a whole, then make your cuts. If you leave us soley with those who were rated highly during the goodtimes, you will be doing a diservice to the rest of salary, your hourly, your consumers, and our shareholders.

To go down "the road ahead," we need competence, and I am sorry to say sir that particlar quality, is not exclusive to your senior management team at CAP.

What would it costs to look for a couple days of a board member, then he/she making hard decisions??? A two way plane ticket, and a motel room??? What is it going to cost if you don't????? That cost sir, I can't even begin to imagine!!!!

Thnx for your time!!!

P.S. If you wonder how/why hourly people could hear such things from those in salary; what that shows sir is your team concept is working. As we grow closer in our mutual fight to get where we must go, we exchange more than just pleasentries, we become a team that cares for each other.(a novel concept, I know)

We in hourly know who in salary wanted us to be part of their team; just as we know those who didn't.

Please, for a few spent bucks, don't force feed us those who would make us digress, and remove those who have helped us to progress.

Edited by Imawhosure

You see, I am sure you do NOT want many of your YOUNG salary team moving up in rank to fast, as that would cost money in grade pay advancement. Since seniority is already been moved to higher grades......or should've been if they were any good.......and even if they weren't, were moved up during the goodtimes, Ford was forced to "stunt" the growth of pay advances inside the company, and at the plant level. So then, if and when you go to investigate the salary "scorecard" as it were, it gives a distorted view of what is really going on.

To be honest, it really doesn't matter who the company gets rid of. We are all expendible. Bill will hack and slash and expect those who remain to pick up the pieces. Guess what? Those who remain will pick up the pieces.

To be honest, it really doesn't matter who the company gets rid of. We are all expendible. Bill will hack and slash and expect those who remain to pick up the pieces. Guess what? Those who remain will pick up the pieces.

Exactly.

Those who remain will still need their paychecks.

Exactly.

No, those that remain will be those that connected and in the main incompetent. I'm retired, but this started long before I retired.

A CEO is no better than those he surrounds himself with, and like The Lions it's not looking good. Young does not mean competent. It just means lower pay. The older workers with the experience to get the job done were pushed out; you're seeing the results now.

• 2 weeks later...

Nasser slashed the experienced work force, then promoted based on race or sex and the well is now without direction. The good old boy network was not perfect either but it was much slower and some of the good went up the ladder as well, they had to in order to make the good old boy they were attached to look good. Under Nassers promotions everone moved up the ladder but failed to have the person in the background who could actually manage, they didn't need it.

Exactly.

Its not even the paychecks. Blowfish is dead-ON. Those who are left will pick up the pieces, because that is the only way it has ever gotten done. Responsibility at Ford is like hot potato. The last person to touch something... with the ultimate responsibility WILL DELIVER.

We have all seen this and lived it, Line worker, skilled trades, Fork drivers, & management. Most of us will deliver come hell or high water.