McCain Pulls out of Michigan

MTP'er

They already know which way most of the states are going to go. To win, they only need to rig the vote in one or two key swing states. Florida in 2000, Ohio in 2004.

I'm simply apalled that there are not LAWS that apply to elections like any other business. If there were certain persons in Ohio would still be in prison.

It amazes me that his campaign actually made an announcement like that. I think it will hurt him in the long run, and that's fine with me.

Just A quick question Isn't the Democrats in charge of the house? That happened two years ago? Oh yeah thats when the Democrats took over the house and now you want a president that is a Democrat. yeah thats see how bad it gets after that.

Just A quick question Isn't the Democrats in charge of the house? That happened two years ago? Oh yeah thats when the Democrats took over the house and now you want a president that is a Democrat. yeah thats see how bad it gets after that.

You do realize that the Republicans controlled the House, Senate and Presidency for six of the past eight years? Also add the fact that Bush appointed two justices in the past four years. I think it's pretty safe to say that the Republicans have run this country into the ground. Don't even try to blame the Dems who took over less than two years ago. Granted, I'm not overly impressed with them either, but at least the Dems will rock the boat the other way. If the Republicans remain in power, we will capsize.

Edited by local400future

You do realize that the Republicans controlled the House, Senate and Presidency for six of the past eight years? Also add the fact that Bush appointed two justices in the past four years. I think it's pretty safe to say that the Republicans have run this country into the ground. Don't even try to blame the Dems who took over less than two years ago. Granted, I'm not overly impressed with them either, but at least the Dems will rock the boat the other way. If the Republicans remain in power, we will capsize.

And were we doing bad those six years no I don't think so. And how Obama doesn't want to raise taxes on people that make less than 250,000 is a lie because if you look at his voting record he voted yes on a proposal to raise taxes for anyone that made over 42,000. I think we will be alot better off with McCain

And were we doing bad those six years no I don't think so. And how Obama doesn't want to raise taxes on people that make less than 250,000 is a lie because if you look at his voting record he voted yes on a proposal to raise taxes for anyone that made over 42,000. I think we will be alot better off with McCain

Doing BAD? what a joke, we lost millions of jobs in the usa. Bush wanted the govt to include hamburger jobs at resturants to be included as manufacturing jobs. what a joke. The national debt is at its highest level ever. bush spent more money than all the previous presidents put together. the big 3 are on the verge of going out of business in the usa and bush wouldn't even meet with them to hear their pleas. (he finally did meet with them. And now were bailing out wall street. Because the bush admin. was a failure at everything they did except. Makeing their friends richer than ever at your expense. Now Mcain is just like bush. I for one am voting for change. I am voting Democrat.

What country do you live in? This crap didn't happen overnight.

McCain knows Michigan will go to the Democrats and he wants to focus on the States he has a chance to win.I think Obama is doing the same thing.It is coming down to the wire and the electoral college determines the next president.That is the game of politics.RECALL ANDY DILLON Why? Because tax increases don`t work.Cutting spending and lowering taxes work!I watched an episode of COPS where a man in his twenties called an ambulance to give him a ride home because he says he couldn`t walk.Then he started screaming "TAKE ME TO THE HOSPITAL" yeah,,,more services!FREE CABS,but ONLY if you can`t afford it otherwise you pay for your own cab and other people`s too cause it`s the right thing to do.

Edited by Fatso

McCain knows Michigan will go to the Democrats and he wants to focus on the States he has a chance to win.I think Obama is doing the same thing.It is coming down to the wire and the electoral college determines the next president.That is the game of politics.RECALL ANDY DILLON Why? Because tax increases don`t work.Cutting spending and lowering taxes work!I watched an episode of COPS where a man in his twenties called an ambulance to give him a ride home because he says he couldn`t walk.Then he started screaming "TAKE ME TO THE HOSPITAL" yeah,,,more services!FREE CABS,but ONLY if you can`t afford it otherwise you pay for your own cab and other people`s too cause it`s the right thing to do.

Not to be rude or anything, but have you been taking your talking points from Sarah Palin? That post makes absolutely no sense......

You started off on the topic, but where you went from there....... hmmmmm........

It appears that you are trying to stereotype some a--hole on COPS as joe everyday, like we all call a frikkin' ambulance because we're lazy?!?!!? WTF???

Edited by Indy

Doing BAD? what a joke, we lost millions of jobs in the usa. Bush wanted the govt to include hamburger jobs at resturants to be included as manufacturing jobs. what a joke. The national debt is at its highest level ever. bush spent more money than all the previous presidents put together. the big 3 are on the verge of going out of business in the usa and bush wouldn't even meet with them to hear their pleas. (he finally did meet with them. And now were bailing out wall street. Because the bush admin. was a failure at everything they did except. Makeing their friends richer than ever at your expense. Now Mcain is just like bush. I for one am voting for change. I am voting Democrat.

Endoftime- you are 100% correct, why can't working people support the people who support them? Instead of helping poor people make more money or unemployed people finding jobs, they want to talk about tax cuts for the wealthy. The Bush tax cuts did not seem to create a slew of jobs, what they did was help start the second guilded age. Instead of investment into job creation, the wealthy chased cheaper labor overseas and fancy finance schemes to take advantage of deregulation. This isnt new, McCain was part of the Keating Five, Savings and Loan scandel and is still calling for deregulation. We can not continue to allow him to screw working people.

Endoftime- you are 100% correct, why can't working people support the people who support them? Instead of helping poor people make more money or unemployed people finding jobs, they want to talk about tax cuts for the wealthy. The Bush tax cuts did not seem to create a slew of jobs, what they did was help start the second guilded age. Instead of investment into job creation, the wealthy chased cheaper labor overseas and fancy finance schemes to take advantage of deregulation. This isnt new, McCain was part of the Keating Five, Savings and Loan scandel and is still calling for deregulation. We can not continue to allow him to screw working people.

Absolutely correct. Bush's brother was also neck deep into the savings and loan scandal as well. As for supporting the working people, all you have to do is go into the parking lot at your facility. Unless you are at Dearborn Truck, you will see all the Non-Ford and foreign garbage parked next to your car or truck. Until everyone grasps the concept of buying what we build, the trade deficit will continue to rise and we will fall further behind. McCain is now going into attack mode because he is not confident enough to talk on the economy. That is all anyone cares about anymore, and he can't fix it. We all need to remember that the stock market is directly driven from consumer confidence, and it is scary as hell to see that 60% of all americans believe that we will be going into a depression. That is where consumer confidence is at now. Nobody is spending money. Wait until everyone cuts back on christmas shopping and all the retail stores dive deeper into the toilet.

Where in the F&*$ have you been for the last 8 years. Tax cuts have not worked to stimulate the econmomy, and they never have. Trickle down does not work now, or ever. Grab a history book and read up on it. Ever means never have they ever worked. Largest surplus in the history of the United States to the largest deficit in history. Throw in the largest profits in history for the oil companies, and now you see where this administration has been at. You are not even allowed to know who attended, the minutes of, or who decided the energy policy that we now live under. Even though a court determined that it was public knowledge. We got the big old bird. Who do you think is going to pay off the national debt? CEO's from all the companies that have benefited from this presidents tax cuts. Guess again. We wil. It isn't any different than "read my lips, no new taxes". Tax revenue is going to have to go up and the national debt will have to be paid down. Keep worrying about how someone gets to the hospital, and you won't even realize that they closed the hodpital, or it is run by a contract group. Every now an then, look around at everyting instead of what the republican party tells you to look at. I watched an episode of COPS once, and I realized they were UNION. Why don't you act like you are????

Absolutely correct. Bush's brother was also neck deep into the savings and loan scandal as well. As for supporting the working people, all you have to do is go into the parking lot at your facility. Unless you are at Dearborn Truck, you will see all the Non-Ford and foreign garbage parked next to your car or truck. Until everyone grasps the concept of buying what we build, the trade deficit will continue to rise and we will fall further behind. McCain is now going into attack mode because he is not confident enough to talk on the economy. That is all anyone cares about anymore, and he can't fix it. We all need to remember that the stock market is directly driven from consumer confidence, and it is scary as hell to see that 60% of all americans believe that we will be going into a depression. That is where consumer confidence is at now. Nobody is spending money. Wait until everyone cuts back on christmas shopping and all the retail stores dive deeper into the toilet.

Drive by any school with "union teachers" and you will see toyota's, honda's,KIA, and Hyundai and maybe a couple GM and Ford's. Go look at what our 'union" brothers and sisters State and local workers drive it aint Ford's or GM's. Thats the problem with this country now there seeing the fact that were all connected in that without the manufacturing jobs ALL other jobs that depend on tax money will get hit and hit hard!!! We the UAW line worker WORK our Fu/king ASSES off!! We cant sit down whenever we want to like these other union workers yet they always cry about how much we get paid! :censored:

I cant count the number of times in the past I've read the editorials about how we make too much money, its usually a school teacher saying this shit!! All I gotta say is come down to the plant and work 9 hours out of 10 standing up moving all of your body parts then complain!!!!!!!

Drive by any school with "union teachers" and you will see toyota's, honda's,KIA, and Hyundai and maybe a couple GM and Ford's. Go look at what our 'union" brothers and sisters State and local workers drive it aint Ford's or GM's. Thats the problem with this country now there seeing the fact that were all connected in that without the manufacturing jobs ALL other jobs that depend on tax money will get hit and hit hard!!! We the UAW line worker WORK our Fu/king ASSES off!! We cant sit down whenever we want to like these other union workers yet they always cry about how much we get paid! :censored:

I cant count the number of times in the past I've read the editorials about how we make too much money, its usually a school teacher saying this shit!! All I gotta say is come down to the plant and work 9 hours out of 10 standing up moving all of your body parts then complain!!!!!!!

I also notice that academics like teachers are often vastly overrated.At Ford we have to produce quality on a consistent basis or face disciplinary action 'UP TO AND INCLUDING DISMISSAL'

Excellent Post, CSMJ! You get no arguments from me on this one. The sad thing is, with all the financial turmoil going on right now even as we read and write about this topic, you will still find a lot of hateful posts on various media, newspapers, radio and TV websites, you name it. The list is endless. Shows you just how well educated some these teachers REALLY are, and let's not forget those that are CEO's, managers, etc, etc. By what all I've read and heard, you'd think it was the average employee that is causing all this trouble.......You are right, I'd would have loved to have seen one, just one... of these know-it-alls try to do what the UAW worker is now asked to do today, I'll bet I wouldn't have been able to stop laughing my ass off....But I can't, I'm no longer on the rolls, early retired, but nevertheless, I still worry about all of you who are left at whatever plants Ford still has open. Again, CSMJ, EXCELLENT POST!!!

Good Points CSMJ you are making a great argument for why we can not continue to allow the Republicans to run our economy into the ground with all of the free trade deals that allow Korea, Japan, Germany, Mexico and all of the other countries to send all of there cars and products to the U.S. and we cant ship our cars to there countries without big taxes added. This is why Ford is building the new Fiesta in Mexico, because they want to sell the car in Brazil, if they built the car in the U.S. they would have a big tax added on the car when they exported it to Brazil, but if they ship it from Mexico there isnt a tax added. McCain said NAFTA is good for the U.S., granted Clinton signed NAFTA into law but he told the Democrats in the House and Senate that he had negotiated Labor and Environmental side agreements to protect U.S. workers and the environment. Although he never told them that these side agreements were not enforceable, and this is why the Republicans took control over the House and Senate shortly after. Nafta was thought up by Regan and negotiated by daddy Bush, but Bush couldnt get it through the Dem. controlled Congress. Clinton wanted to pay back his big business supporters and got it passed. We now know that the Republicans are for free trade but not fair trade that protects workers, their social contract and the environment. If we can get Obama elected with a Dem. controlled Congress, we can get passage of the Employee Free Choice Act, which will allow workers to organize without threats from their employer. This one bill is giving fits to WalMart and will allow millions of workers to negotiate themselves out of poverty. This bill has the potential to relieve states from spending tax money on the working poor, food stamps, health care ect.. and maybe your property taxes will be lowered or they will fund education or infrastructure improvements ect... United We Stand!

Back to the topic. Senator McCain has not given up on Michigan, but feels he stands a better chance of winning in other battleground states, so he plans to suspend his television ads in Michigan.

Your right it reminds me of all those late nights I pulled out of some drunk bitch from the bar I just knew it was a mistake if I did'nt.

McCain should "pull out" of the entire race.

OBAMA this the best choice we have for a hail mary.

Back to the topic. Senator McCain has not given up on Michigan, but feels he stands a better chance of winning in other battleground states, so he plans to suspend his television ads in Michigan.

Yesterday I heard Governor Palin saying that she was going to do campaigning in MI.

Yesterday I heard Governor Palin saying that she was going to do campaigning in MI.

McCain only has a chance if she shows her pussycat "Line up, Boys",Sarah.I guess that`s worth a vote.I need a picture though,to take home.

Edited by Fatso