GT 500's going for msrp

uawfactoryrat

I hope all those greedy sobs that gouged the prices loose there asses. Every time a dealer gouges on a car it makes Ford look bad. Gee, I wonder why people think car saleman are snakes?

Why is he gouging? If you sell something on Ebay or whatever, don't YOU try to make as much as possible?

We consumers are always trying to get rebates, incentives and every other imaginable REDUCTION in price....so turn about is fair play.

It's a SUGGESTED price, just a starting point.

How many cars get sold for well under? most of them. I can now buy a Shelby on the "A" plan.

Why is he gouging? If you sell something on Ebay or whatever, don't YOU try to make as much as possible?

We consumers are always trying to get rebates, incentives and every other imaginable REDUCTION in price....so turn about is fair play.

How many cars get sold for well under? most of them. I can now buy a Shelby on the "A" plan.

Selling on E-Bay is one thing. Ford dealers should not be able to gouge, period! If thats the case, I should be able to go to the factory and buy below dealer cost! Just like you can a mattress! Screw the middle man! See how they like that!

Ed.

Selling on E-Bay is one thing. Ford dealers should not be able to gouge, period! If thats the case, I should be able to go to the factory and buy below dealer cost! Just like you can a mattress! Screw the middle man! See how they like that!

Ed.

I get "gouged" every time I discount a car. Why is that OK? I get one car in that has a strong market value, and I'm a scumbag. If we sold them at sticker initially, people would be upset that they couldn't find one and ended up on a waiting list. Instead they could pay more and drive it home that day. It's economics 101. Supply and demand affects the market value of the car. I get really sick of hearing people cry about this. I'm taking around $10,000 off the price of F-150s with the rebates and all. I'm not complaining about taking invoice deals. There are used GT500s on E-Bay going for sticker. Is that guy a scumbag for selling it for too much, or is he getting what the market will bear. You're killing the messenger on this one. You should be mad at Ford for building such a desireable car.

I get "gouged" every time I discount a car. Why is that OK? I get one car in that has a strong market value, and I'm a scumbag. If we sold them at sticker initially, people would be upset that they couldn't find one and ended up on a waiting list. Instead they could pay more and drive it home that day. It's economics 101. Supply and demand affects the market value of the car. I get really sick of hearing people cry about this. I'm taking around $10,000 off the price of F-150s with the rebates and all. I'm not complaining about taking invoice deals. There are used GT500s on E-Bay going for sticker. Is that guy a scumbag for selling it for too much, or is he getting what the market will bear. You're killing the messenger on this one. You should be mad at Ford for building such a desireable car.

Wait till the new shelby comes out! they will be at market rate guarenteed. Same goes for corvette zr-1, and probably camaro ss. I would love to have '10 shelby!!

:finger: If the dealers act like jackasses with the price it could affect thousands of people. Piss off the public and they could go else where.If the thunder bird sold for msrp right off the bat, sales would have been stronger and that could bring in new buyers to ford. Sales would be strong, and so forth.Everyone wins. Make allot off a few cars or make little off allot, bring in new customers, make money off maintenance, etc., etc.. All benefit.

Its simple business genius! :banghead:

Unless Ford files BK this will not change. The franchise laws strongly favor dealerships. Look at small town America and how much clout the Dealer Principal has in town. They help shape the laws and will not be giving up their rights.

They have a vested interest in seeing Ford suceed, but they will put their own interests first. I would hope many take a look at the long term, but recent economic conditions have made that harder.

:finger: If the dealers act like jackasses with the price it could affect thousands of people. Piss off the public and they could go else where.If the thunder bird sold for msrp right off the bat, sales would have been stronger and that could bring in new buyers to ford. Sales would be strong, and so forth.Everyone wins. Make allot off a few cars or make little off allot, bring in new customers, make money off maintenance, etc., etc.. All benefit.

Its simple business genius! :banghead:

right on brother! i hope all of those Stealerships choke on them leftover 500's.

• 2 weeks later...
right on brother! i hope all of those Stealerships choke on them leftover 500's.

Leftover Gt500's!!!! They're all sold before I get them..

I only had one hit the showroom floor, and had dealers calling for it every day. We sold it in about a week... Over sticker.

I'll take any "leftover" GT500's you can find.

MSRP is cheap. Around here ( S.W. MI. ) these a**holes are selling em' between 5&10 K above sticker.

And getting it...

Who's the a**hole? The dealer or all the people paying them?

It's market conditions. I can't believe with all the MENSA wannabes on this site, nobody grasps this...

I hope all those greedy sobs that gouged the prices loose there asses. Every time a dealer gouges on a car it makes Ford look bad. Gee, I wonder why people think car saleman are snakes?

That particular car is considered a 'collectible' it`s value is whatever someone else is willing to pay.There are certain cars that offer a chance for an owner/buyer to make a profit.Go to a classic car auction next time one is in town.They are fun.Let`s say a person is oh,,,a ''''''DOCTOR-genuflect,,,,rise,,,'''''''' and is worth tens of millions.He/she buys a GT500 and passes it on to their heirs {lucky shits}imagine the value of that GT500 30 years from now!

Edited by Fatso

There are no a**holes involved...only people with a lot of money to spend on a car that they really want. The dealers are not a**holes for charging market price for their vehicle.

I worked at Wixom where that car was assembled by a I think Roush Automotive in a seperate building.A GT500 is a legitimate 'race car'.They are pretty to look at,I don`t remember the specs on what speeds that vehicle is capable of but it is very impressive.I am going out on a limb but I would say,,give two professional drivers a closed race course,grand prix style or NASCAR, and the GT500 will beat ,,oh,,a Vette,,or Viper,,or Porsche.You have to go something like Lamborghini to compete with a GT500.RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I worked at Wixom where that car was assembled by a I think Roush Automotive in a seperate building.A GT500 is a legitimate 'race car'.They are pretty to look at,I don`t remember the specs on what speeds that vehicle is capable of but it is very impressive.I am going out on a limb but I would say,,give two professional drivers a closed race course,grand prix style or NASCAR, and the GT500 will beat ,,oh,,a Vette,,or Viper,,or Porsche.You have to go something like Lamborghini to compete with a GT500.RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Yes the FORD GT was built at wixom by wixom employees. the car would come to the plant as a kit car mostly with some roush involvement. Now, the GT 500 is built at Flat Rock and is a fast muscle car, but not race car! I know the name of the two cars are easy to mix up, but the two are very different in style and performance

Yes the FORD GT was built at wixom by wixom employees. the car would come to the plant as a kit car mostly with some roush involvement. Now, the GT 500 is built at Flat Rock and is a fast muscle car, but not race car! I know the name of the two cars are easy to mix up, but the two are very different in style and performance

AH-HAAAAAA!!!! okay then I am sticking with politics

Leftover Gt500's!!!! They're all sold before I get them..

I only had one hit the showroom floor, and had dealers calling for it every day. We sold it in about a week... Over sticker.

I'll take any "leftover" GT500's you can find.

Call Port Clinton Ford/Mercury 419-734-3176.

They have 3 on the floor. 2 coupes and 1 convertible as of 10-23-08

There is one used as well.

:hysterical: LOL!! That's why I generally stick to the automotive topics.

Dad always said it's not polite to talk about politics or religion. Look at any of the three hundred political threads here, and tell me daddy didn't know best...

Well then maybe that`s what you`d better do.Quit 'dicking around' with old people on message boards and sell some F-150`s.Keep it up and you`re going in the Gorilla Suit and walking/waving in the street in front of the car lot.I got First Amendment Rights!Ron Paul for president!

Edited by Fatso

Are you talking about a GT500 or a reg. Shelby GT? If GT500, please tell me who is doing the A plan. My dealer says FORD will not do the A plan on them.

• 3 weeks later...

anyone know of a dealer selling gt500s at msrp? the scumbag dealers in my area still want over msrp for them. a guy i know has cash in hand the other 2 ppl went out and bought nissans because they couldnt get a gt500 for msrp. I bet thats a kick in the balls to the guys building those cars.

anyone know of a dealer selling gt500s at msrp? the scumbag dealers in my area still want over msrp for them. a guy i know has cash in hand the other 2 ppl went out and bought nissans because they couldnt get a gt500 for msrp. I bet thats a kick in the balls to the guys building those cars.

I know of a dealer here in SE Michigan that will sell one, and another in Florida that will. Where ya located?

I am in ohio the guy that wants it is leaving for florida on monday for vacation I just would hate to see this one run out and grab a foreign car like the others did because of the over msrp pricing.

Hey, if he can't afford the market conditions, maybe he should be driving some Jap shit. Get a Nissan GTR, then you can replace the $20,000 tranny.

Quit whining about supply and demand. The fact that you have to look this hard for the car should let you know that it's a seller's market on this car. I don't understand how people who passed seventh grade economics can't handle this.

Here's a newsflash! Your buddy could sell the car on E-Bay for sticker with a couple thousand miles on it. Maybe even turn a profit! That's why the car is going for over sticker.

Now go sit in the corner with the dunce cap on. I'll need you to clean chalkboard erasers after class.

Dolt...

:finger: Yer bashed...