Republican Autoworkers ?

S.Knight

I have been amazed recently to hear many of my fellow coworkers question how Democrats support their interests. Some think both of the parties are the same... some say Democrats are only interested in helping the inter city poor.... others say Democratic initiatives will hinder corporations and hinder their job security. At no time in our company's history has this been a truer statement... Who you vote for on the 4th will have a direct influence over the amount of money you bring home in the next four years.

McCain: Hold off on more auto aid

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too, am amazed at the number of people I work with that are going to vote republican. But it seems it's not the future of their job they're concerned about. They say it's gun control or abortion or other non-economy-driven issues that are driving their vote. Look, a president is not going to overturn all the laws concerning those issues by himself without the support of congress. People are voting over emotional issues when I feel they should be voting their pocketbooks. Hell, Obama doesn't even want to take away guns or create another Roe vs Wade! Now if you honestly feel that the economy would be better off with a republican president, then by all means vote that way. But if you're voting republican on issues that aren't going to change drastically either way without congressional support, then I implore you to consider the democratic ticket. I believe we need a change in the way this country is run and although one president can't change the economy overnight alone without congressional support either, I've had enough of the last 8 years to believe that the republicans aren't going to get it done. Lets give fresh ideas a chance. If you look at the way things are right now, we have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Our country can't stand much more of this. Just my two cents. The main thing is to get out and vote, no matter which way you're leaning!

I too, am amazed at the number of people I work with that are going to vote republican. But it seems it's not the future of their job they're concerned about. They say it's gun control or abortion or other non-economy-driven issues that are driving their vote. Look, a president is not going to overturn all the laws concerning those issues by himself without the support of congress. People are voting over emotional issues when I feel they should be voting their pocketbooks. Hell, Obama doesn't even want to take away guns or create another Roe vs Wade! Now if you honestly feel that the economy would be better off with a republican president, then by all means vote that way. But if you're voting republican on issues that aren't going to change drastically either way without congressional support, then I implore you to consider the democratic ticket. I believe we need a change in the way this country is run and although one president can't change the economy overnight alone without congressional support either, I've had enough of the last 8 years to believe that the republicans aren't going to get it done. Lets give fresh ideas a chance. If you look at the way things are right now, we have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Our country can't stand much more of this. Just my two cents. The main thing is to get out and vote, no matter which way you're leaning!

Ok now you tell me how osama obama is going to save the auto industry ,because I realy do not think he is going to s--t. I also do not think its a good idea to just pull the troops out of Iraq I do believe we need to get out of there but I do not like osama obama wants to set a time line I think we need to finish the job.

Ok now you tell me how osama obama is going to save the auto industry ,because I realy do not think he is going to s--t. I also do not think its a good idea to just pull the troops out of Iraq I do believe we need to get out of there but I do not like osama obama wants to set a time line I think we need to finish the job.

Click link in opening post...read....see how President Obama supports an initiative to help you and McCain is hesitant (only because he doesn't want to alienate voters so close to the election... after election he will openly oppose) to support the same.

What about libertarian autoworkers? I guess you people never heard of them either right?

What about libertarian autoworkers? I guess you people never heard of them either right?

I'm sure that vote for Bob Barr will go a long way toward helping you and your family. Let me know 4 years from now how opting out of voting for a viable candidate helps you. I bet those Nader supporters back in 2000 wish they had their votes back too...

Click link in opening post...read....see how President Obama supports an initiative to help you and McCain is hesitant (only because he doesn't want to alienate voters so close to the election... after election he will openly oppose) to support the same.

Are you a prophet? We certainly cant guess what each candidate will do once elected.There are other factors involved.Congress,the Senate and of course the infamous veto.Even with a majority democratic system you cant trust them to make a decision that might determine whether or not they get elected back into office in two years.

As for McCain,The way i read it ,he wants to give the money to the auto industry bits at a time and not all at once.Dem's. and reps. will read these articles two different ways.Just like CNN and fox will report them two different ways.What ever fits there agenda.

I'm sure that vote for Bob Barr will go a long way toward helping you and your family. Let me know 4 years from now how opting out of voting for a viable candidate helps you. I bet those Nader supporters back in 2000 wish they had their votes back too...

Viable candidate in what respect? If you are talking about who seems best fit for the job then you don't have one either, unless of course you go only between the "lesser of the two evils".

Obama may be better for unions as a hole in the short run as clinton was but not in the long run as clinton was also.

McCain like it or not is gonna win it.

hes gonna win pennsylvania,ohio,w.vir,vir.,NC,SC and florida.

60-% of the voters are just now paying attention and there gonna go for mccain 60/40!

Ballgame gameover whatever u want to say mccain will be the next president!!!!!!

Edited by CSMJ

Obama may be better for unions as a hole in the short run as clinton was but not in the long run as clinton was also.

60-% of the voters are just now paying attention and there gonna go for mccain 60/40!

Ballgame gameover whatever u want to say mccain will be the next president!!!!!!

Probably because of this web-site: www.obamacrimes.com

The more people who know about how much of a fraud Obama is... The better!

Viable candidate in what respect? If you are talking about who seems best fit for the job then you don't have one either, unless of course you go only between the "lesser of the two evils".

I would imagine you know exactly what I meant by "viable". But, if you truly didn't (which would make stupid) viable= electable.

I believe you may be right because I don't think white America is ready to elect anything but a lily-white president (and GOD is he lily-white).

But I will say it's a damn shame, too.

So what makes a blue-collar worker vote republican good question I’ll try..

Most people political beliefs are formed from their parents, so this how an UAW member making $60,000 a year can vote republican. It amazes me that someone will vote against his or her own economic interest.

Republicans use wedge issue to spilt the working class example gay marriage.

Take Joe the plumber; John Mccain says the Democrats want to raise your taxes and give it to welfare receptions. Facts Obama would raise Joe the plumbers taxes if he makes $250,000 a year his taxes would go from 39% from 36% and people making $60,000 a year would get a tax cut, or as John Mcain calls it welfare. That’s right auto workers would get a welfare check according to Mccain..

Here are the facts:

The union membership is split between democrats and republicians. Most of the republicians keep quiet about their politics to avoid hearing the democrat bullshit.

Obama is indeed very gun control. He may say its OK to have some sporting firearms, but he wants to ban many guns that people now own. He is against semi-auto rifles and shotguns, and all handguns. Your handgun license to carry will be revoked. He is also in favor of a huge tax increase on ammunation. His record in the Illinois senate proves his true beliefs on the gun issue.

Obama's economics will crash the economy. Can anybody explain to me why its good to "spread the wealth"? I have worked hard to get to where I am, and I do not want my taxes to increase so some lazy, uneducated bums get a free handout.

Obama has no experience, and no idea on how to protect this country. Joe Biden is right about how Obama will be tested in a national crisis. I trust McCain more that Obama in national security.

I could go on and on, but I made my point. I will never trust the union when it comes to elections. I have my own issues that are very near and dear to me. The union does not have my best interest at heart.

So what makes a blue-collar worker vote republican good question I’ll try..

Most people political beliefs are formed from their parents, so this how an UAW member making $60,000 a year can vote republican. It amazes me that someone will vote against his or her own economic interest.

Republicans use wedge issue to spilt the working class example gay marriage.

Take Joe the plumber; John Mccain says the Democrats want to raise your taxes and give it to welfare receptions. Facts Obama would raise Joe the plumbers taxes if he makes $250,000 a year his taxes would go from 39% from 36% and people making $60,000 a year would get a tax cut, or as John Mcain calls it welfare. That’s right auto workers would get a welfare check according to Mccain..

Are you out of your freakin mind? what about the peeps that pay no income taxes and still will get a tax refund checks? WTF?? you work your ass off, better yourself, paying taxes, and the the lazy MOFO sitting on their asses, refused to better themself, too freaking lazy to look for a job, don't do it shit all their life and still getting their money from the goverment, and everything else without lifting a freakin finger? how's that is not COMMUNISTISM????

Are you out of your freakin mind? what about the peeps that pay no income taxes and still will get a tax refund checks? WTF?? you work your ass off, better yourself, paying taxes, and the the lazy MOFO sitting on their asses, refused to better themself, too freaking lazy to look for a job, don't do it shit all their life and still getting their money from the goverment, and everything else without lifting a freakin finger? how's that is not COMMUNISTISM????

Obama clearly stated that those who do not pay income tax will not see any of that benefit.

We will come back to this later on. :shades:

Had to make this part of my sig. We will revisit in one week.

"we need to finish the job" Your kidding right?

Ed.

It makes you wonder.......

This email comes in three parts....Make sure you read all three parts!

Part 1

Remember the election in 2006?

Thought you might like to read the following:

A little over one year ago:

1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;

2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;

3) The unemployment rate was 4.5%.

Since voting in a Democratic Congress in 2006 we have seen:

1) Consumer confidence plummet;

2) The cost of regular gasoline soar to over $4.10 a gallon;

3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase);

4) American households have seen $2.3 trillion in equity value evaporate (stock and mutual fund losses);

&am p;am p; nbsp; 5) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $1.2 trillion dollars;

6) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.

7) Food prices skyrocketing over 30% in 1 year.

America voted for change in 2006, and we got it!

Remember, it is Congress that makes the laws and spends our money -not the President. He has to work with what's handed to him.

Part 2:

Taxes...Whether Democrat or a Republican you will find these statistics enlightening and amazing.

www.taxfoundation.org/publications/show/151.HTML <http://www.taxfoundation.org/publications/show/151.HTML>

Taxes under CLINTON-1999 Taxes under BUSH-2008

Single earning: &nb sp; Sin gle ea rning:

30K - taxed- $ 8,400 30K - taxed $ 4,500

50K - taxed $ 14,000 50K - taxed $ 12,500

75K - taxed $ 23,250 75K - taxed $ 18,750

Married earning: ; Married earning:

60K - taxed $ 16,800 60K - taxed $ 9,000

75K - taxed $ 21,000 75K - taxed $ 18,750

125K - taxed $ 38,750 125K - taxed $ 31,250

Barack Obama promises to return to the higher tax rates if elected. It is amazing how many people who fall in to the categories above think Bush is screwing them and Bill Clinton was the greatest President ever.

If elected, Barack Obama has already promised that he will repeal the Bush tax cuts, and amazingly, a good portion of the people who fall into the categories above can't wait for it to happen.

PART 3:

You think the war in Iraq is costing us too much?& nbsp; Read this: Boy, am I confused. I have been hammered with the propaganda that it is the Iraq war and the war on terror that is bankrupting us. I now find that to be RIDICULOUS. Read on...

I h ope the f ollowing 14 reasons are forwarded over and over again until they are read so many times that the reader gets sick of reading them. I have included the URL's for verification of all the following facts.

1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments.

Verify at: http://tinyurl.com/zob77 <http://tinyurl.com/zob77>

2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.

Verify at: http://www.cis..org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html <http://www.cis.. org/article s/2004/fiscalexec.html>

3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.

Verify at: http://wwwcis..org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html <http://wwwcis..org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html>

4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English!

Verify at: http://transcripts.CNN.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.0.HTML <http://transcripts.CNN.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.0.HTML>

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babi es.

Verify at: http://transcripts..cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html <http://transcripts..cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html>

6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.

Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html <http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html>

7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.

Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html <http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html>

8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare & social services by the American taxpayers.

Verify at: http://premium.cnn.com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01.html <http://premium.cnn.com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01.html>

9. $2 00 Billion Dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens.

Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html <http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRA NSCRIPTS/0604/01 /ldt.01.html>

10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that's two and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular, their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US

Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0606/12/ldt.01.html <http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0606/12/ldt.01.html>

11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pou nds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroin and

marijuana, crossed into the U. S from the Southern border.

Verify at: Home land Security Report: http://tinyurl..com/t9sht <http://tinyurl..com/t9sht>

12. The National Policy Institute, 'estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period.'

Verify at: http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/pdf/deportation.pdf <http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/pdf/deportation.pdf>

13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances back to their countries of origin.

Verify at: http://www.rense.com/general75/niht.htm <http://www.rense.com/general75/niht.htm>

14. 'The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million Sex Cr imes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States.'

Verify at: http://www.drdsk.com/articleshtml <http://www.drdsk.com/articleshtml>

The total cost is a whopping $338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR.

Are we THAT stupid?

If this doesn't bother you, then just delete the message. If, on the other hand, it raises the hair on the back of your neck, I hope you co ntinue to forward it to every legal resident in the country including every representative in Washington , D.C

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Play online games for FREE at Games.com! All of your favorites, no registration required and great graphics – check it out!

OMG. Your job, your childrens future, your nursing home stay is at stake. Ford morgaged the Blue Oval, Bush morgaged your future, your family's future. Out of Iraq sensibly but soon. Invest in America:American made, repaired, recycled. Independence once again. Get our own shit straight. OBAMA

I personally believe in the Illuminati, the Bildebergers, the Rothchilds the so called unofficial world leaders and I cant see them letting America have any president who is against war so McCain will win.

No doubt in my mind he will win just as Gore won in 2000 same holds for him as well!!

One way or another McCain will win

When that tape comes out the tape thats been talked about for months Obama will drop faster then the stock market has.

Look guys this is what it amounts to. If you think things are going well and you want things to continue then vote for McCain. I say this because McCain has said he is not strong on economic issues and like Bush, he will go with the Republican economic agenda. Tax cuts for the wealthy, free trade(not fair trade), borrow and spend (over 3/4 ths of the national debt was created under Republican leadership) and the list goes on. This is how Republican economist believe the U.S. and World economy should be run and for the last 25 to 30 years, the U.S. government has been run by conservatives. I know you say Clinton but Clinton was not a liberal Democrat and he showed us this when he passed NAFTA (first talked about by Reagan and negotiated by Bush) without labor and environmental standards. Obama will have different advisors with a different approach on how the economy best works for all of the people. As far as Iraq, who cares? If Israel is God's chosen people they will be alright without Americans over there. I will vote for Obama because I am tired of seeing my friends and members of my family lose their jobs to Mexico, China and all of the other countries. If union workers do not support union friendly politicians then they should not work at a union shop. There are plenty of non union employers that hiring-Wal Mart, McDonalds, Target. But you wont make the same money that you make in a union shop because you will not have a say. Since my wife makes good money and we approach the $200,000 a year mark, I realize my taxes would be less under McCain but I do not care about an extra 5 or 6 hundred dollars in less taxes, I care about keeping my job and getting Social Security when I retire. McCain=more of the SAME! We need Change OBAMA 08.