I can't believe

Ron W.

You have to expect some sour grapes during election time. Four years ago it was dems, now it's the republicans. I don't mind people being upset. Passion is a good thing. In their opinion, they feel the country is heading in a poor direction. Be worried when we are holding hands singing "we are the world" and the bottom drops out. Contrasting views are important. More than once there have been a post here at BON from a perspective I don't remotely subscribe to, but it made me think. That's what's important.

And yeah, I have heard some racist stuff as well. That too had to be expected, but it's unfortunate that people have to be so narrow-minded.

Once Obama's supporters find out that he will not fill their gas tank and pay their mortgage it will be back to the same old politics. Did Obama lift a finger to help his aunt that lived in the slum or the half brother that lives in a hut in Kenya? And they are family. This guy is not the second coming of Christ.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/janet_daley/b...und_disillusion

There is a video clip running on YouTube at the moment which shows a black woman moved nearly to tears at an Obama rally, telling a television interviewer that all her problems will be at an end when he is elected president. She won't have to worry anymore about putting gas in her car or paying her mortgage because "he will help me". It would be easy to find this absurd - the blind faith of an unsophisticated voter who has clearly mistaken Barack Obama for Jesus - but in truth it is both sad and alarming.

On some of the radio talk shows, they interview the "man on the street."

The stupidity is frightening.

They were talking to people waiting in line to vote. In one segment, they asked a black woman why she is voting for Obama. At the end of the 2 1/2 hour wait to vote, she still could not give them a reason.

They talked to another woman, and it was much the same as what was quoted above. She was giddy, because now she doesn't have to pay her mortgage, or her bills, and will always get a check.

For everyone who brings up racism............ remember that racism works both ways. I agree completely with one post, that says any opposition to Obama's radical policies, will be labelled a racist. I think you will see the "R word" brought out at any sign of discontent. Just as those of us who opposed him being president were automatically labelled racists also.

I don't see race............... I see people. You stand and you fall based on your deeds, good or bad.

It's going to be a long 2-4 years.

PS............... just sitting here waiting for my check (I will pay off debt with the next one also, and buy more ammo. I will have to pay off more debt, since after I am determined to be rich, I will be paying alot more taxes, and would not be able to afford my current bills). :rolleyes:

i dislike Obama greatly, not because of his race, but because of the person he is and his policies.

but i sincerely hope he is safe for his Presidency, cause if someone tries to assassinate him and succeeds(god forbid) then this country is going to spiral down into a racial war

im not trying to sound radical, just trying to point out something that has similarly happened in history.....Rodney King....

racism is the biggest weakness of the USA.....but diversity is its greatest power....its a very thin line of whats too much

i do not like bringing racism up but it is there in all races and is equally disgusting among them. there is no hiding from it until it is eradicated. the Obama presidency could help quell racism or it could cause more of it....i hope it does not go sour for the sake of this country

On some of the radio talk shows, they interview the "man on the street."

PS............... just sitting here waiting for my check (I will pay off debt with the next one also, and buy more ammo. I will have to pay off more debt, since after I am determined to be rich, I will be paying alot more taxes, and would not be able to afford my current bills). :rolleyes:

:hysterical: