WAP won't be adding a 3 shift?

MTPwife

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is something to ponder. So if WAP isn't putting on a third shift and MTP is idled for retooling and not closed that mean MTP'ers will have first recall rights to there current jobs @ MTP and WAP people will have to post for jobs or work available. Sounds to me that the shoe is on the other foot now. :shades:

Your missing the point, when they close MTP there will be no more MTP to return to. there will be no more recall rights to MTP. it will be WAP. also if there is work available they will send those people to dearborn, there not gonna bring in people to learn jobs then send the others to dearborn. Ford will be lucky if WAP can even stay running till the new WAP is retooled. since it is falling in the ground now. if i was at MTP i would just ask for a layoff till the retooling of the WAP is done. there is no more OT anywhere so if you cant live on 40 hours your in trouble anyway.

Has the company actually said what Cplatform models the remodeled MTP will get? What if it's not the focus? Louisville is supposedly being retooled for Cplatform vehicles as well. This could get very interesting..

there will no more MTP. but ford did say they wouldnt close any plants in the contract, what is up with this? i havent heard anyone complaining of this.

Your missing the point, when they close MTP there will be no more MTP to return to. there will be no more recall rights to MTP. it will be WAP. also if there is work available they will send those people to dearborn, there not gonna bring in people to learn jobs then send the others to dearborn. Ford will be lucky if WAP can even stay running till the new WAP is retooled. since it is falling in the ground now. if i was at MTP i would just ask for a layoff till the retooling of the WAP is done. there is no more OT anywhere so if you cant live on 40 hours your in trouble anyway.

See thats just it. WAP is closing not MTP. we are getting retooled to build the Focus. its all about the name change. Just because its Michigan Truck dosen't mean that MTP can't build cars also. YOU and I mean YOU (WAP) are follwing your product to out plant just like the Exp & Nav going to KTP and some MTP'ers can follow. Right? And as far as closing.....nobody said we're closing including Ford Motor, they said we are being retooled. :shades:

there will no more MTP. but ford did say they wouldnt close any plants in the contract, what is up with this? i havent heard anyone complaining of this.

Word play there dude, ask Atlanta, Wixom, Norfolk and Jersey people. The company "idles" plants until the next contract then that will be part of the next CBA when the current contract expires.

At risk of losing their job??? :censored: Your son might have heard what you say, But everyone in there hears something everyday. What you want to believe and who you believe is up to you. It would take alot more than 1,000 MTP to bump out up to 15years of senority in WAP. I dont know how it is with in the same local? but I do believe there is a 5 to 1 bump rule??? You can worry yourself to death in there if you wanted to! Untill it's in black and white........ NO ONE KNOWS!!!!

Wanna hear what I heard?

DTP is opening a 3rd shift and thats where most MTP will be placed. WAP is only accepting MTP people with jobs available in WAP. WAP cancelled their 3rd shift ideas again saying it wasn't economical to open a 3rd shift. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I do believe it's the MTP right to bump into WAP "if" they have the time. :censored: But saying that, I dont think it's right for WAP to open a 3rd shift just to get the MTP into WAP when WAP knows now isnt a good time to open a 3rd shift. :banghead: Then when the MTP are let into WAP the company says"Oh the 3rd shift isn't gonna work out" then lay off all WAP people to keep the MTP people is WRONG! :finger::banghead::finger:

One thing I have always noticed which is a whole new can of worms is: The MTP has always been the money maker. People at MTP were always on over-time and getting use to those big over-time checks. Never heard a peep from MTP when times were good! :boring: :boring: Now that times are hard or even when they got got for that matter and over time wasn't there I never heard so much BS and whinning! :redcard::ohsnap::redcard: WAP during any amount of down-time never got the chance to work through it at the MTP? MTP always get to go to WAP but NEVER the other way arround? WHY'S THAT?

To me thats where they laid their beds. Thats where they can stay or in the gen bank till they can be placed. Is what I think will happen

Nobody is whining dude, just looking to make sure they honor the local agreement that YOUR

Nobody is whining dude, just looking to make sure they honor the local agreement that YOUR

what local contract are you talking about. the one that is expired? this is going to get very intersting. some say that WAP & ISA lost there car and MTP got a new plant. not sure who's is right but were going to find out soon. i love how nobody knows what going on and it's getting very close. this should be fun.

I understand that WAP will only take 200 MTP to replace the temps that are leaving end of Nov. The rest of MTP will go to Dearborn.

MTP is being told that they will exercise some agreement about bumping and will bump over to WAP, I can't remember the coding. But who knows.

MTP is being told that they will exercise some agreement about bumping and will bump over to WAP, I can't remember the coding. But who knows.

the last time this happened we took so many then the others went to dtp or other places, i think flatrock also, im not for sure but i remember something like that. i think the reason being was there was positions opened for work available so they filled those. i heard today that no trades are coming here till after the first and that may be minimal. they are gonna keep a crew on there for rebuilding.

Yes that is untrue. As of now.

I was told also that mtp people that come to wap will be as job availbles to replace the temps and buy out retiree's. Also they will be coming with no classifications other than assembly.

I also know that when mtp goes down, that's it! It will be the new wap for the focus. Mtp will have recall rights to the new wap but again, only as job availibles.

I understand that WAP will only take 200 MTP to replace the temps that are leaving end of Nov. The rest of MTP will go to Dearborn.

I was told also that mtp people that come to wap will be as job availbles to replace the temps and buy out retiree's. Also they will be coming with no classifications other than assembly.

I also know that when mtp goes down, that's it! It will be the new wap for the focus. Mtp will have recall rights to the new wap but again, only as job availibles.

Hmm we've heard that all but 60 MTPers will be going to WAP. Guess we'll see, Heard the WAP chairman is talking lots of smack cuz he'll probably be voted out once the MTPers get there.

SO much for solidarity at least at local 900.

Thats fine we'll do work available, but WAP people better sign up for DTP or Woodhaven because we are coming over. Look up the 15,10,6 because that is one thing we are going to push. Thats why they opened up the postings to WAP & ISA besides MTP. Think about it. Why would they offer WAP & ISA to go to DTP & Woodhaven if that wasn't going to happen. So if you have 15 yrs or less your going bye bye, and we will get the preferred jobs that way. So when we get back to MTP after retooling you'll have recall rights @ work available. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: And by the way the majority of the people @ MTP have 1988 senority.

Thats fine we'll do work available, but WAP people better sign up for DTP or Woodhaven because we are coming over. Look up the 15,10,6 because that is one thing we are going to push. Thats why they opened up the postings to WAP & ISA besides MTP. Think about it. Why would they offer WAP & ISA to go to DTP & Woodhaven if that wasn't going to happen. So if you have 15 yrs or less your going bye bye, and we will get the preferred jobs that way. So when we get back to MTP after retooling you'll have recall rights @ work available. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: And by the way the majority of the people @ MTP have 1988 senority.

Since MTP is going to take over WAP product, then supposedly become a warehouse, why not just combine both plant seniority lists and cut from the bottom?

that is the same thing they did last time, let people go to other plants that wanted to leave then filled in the spots with MTP'ers, doesnt make alot of sense to me but that is how they see fit. they have been going home early this week because of body shop again. i cant belive after 19 years they still cant get the body shop to keep up with assy. maybee when they get 2 body shops running they can supply one assy plant......

Since MTP is going to take over WAP product, then supposedly become a warehouse, why not just combine both plant seniority lists and cut from the bottom?

This is basically what is going to happen. The bidding is open to 5 other plants so a lot of people from local 900 probably won't end up getting any