2010 MKZ info

Bigbuck15

Very interesting information. I wonder what kind of power they will be getting out of the motor then? Also the fact that only the roof is carry over sheet metal wise is interesting.

Don't believe everything an automotive journalists writes :). The doors are unchanaged.

That's what I thought as well. I was trying to figure out why the doors would change since the Fusion/Milan doors did not. As far as the extra power, the guy probably doesn't realize the current MKZ already has the 3.5 V6.

Why not? They need some differentiation from the Sport Model of the Fusion, plus they stated that .5 seconds have been shaved off 0-60 times

OK, so tell me how much more power can be squeezed out of the 3.5 without DI? Or maybe they are using the 3.7 from the MKS.

It can be done. Variable timing on he exhaust valves, increased compression ratio/running on Premium or E85, the new variable valve timing system used on the PIP 3.0. The latter two are already used on other Ford engines.

It can be done. Variable timing on he exhaust valves, increased compression ratio/running on Premium or E85, the new variable valve timing system used on the PIP 3.0. The latter two are already used on other Ford engines.

Hopefully its the 3.7 and if its the 3.5 then they probaly gave it DI.

I would hope it's a new VCT system that includes exhaust timing. Honda and Toyota can get 270+ hp out of their 3.5s with their timing systems, and it appears like they get better mileage as well.

I mean, I'd love to see DI, but there is so much more that can be done with the current engine. Time's ticking...

Edited by focus05