Final Teaser

BORG

325 sounds about right. I think the six speeds are wishful thinking this year, but who knows.

After the recent Raptor bombshell, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ford have a surprise up their sleeve. Looks like skunkworks are the order again.

Hey, didn't I read somewhere that SVT got it's start as a skunkworks project in an abandoned airplane hangar? Anybody know if this is right, and if so, where was that hangar?

Timing of the 2010 unveiling is weird to say the least...hell we just got our KR TODAY!!!!!! awesome sound by the way.....

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im going wild here and calling...

Boss 302 special edition to come out 6 months after launch

i know, wishful thinking

I think that's a pretty thick limb. It would make perfect sense to have a limited production car with the 5 liter before mass producing it. There was alot of speculation about this about a year ago, and then it got real quiet. Kinda like the Raptor and the 6.2 liter. I bet the 5 liter in Boss trim could make around 400 hp, then leave room for a 375 hp version in the 2011.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see the 6.2 find it's way into the Mustang. Especially considering the mysterious "blackout" on the engine pics of the Raptor. Maybe two Boss variants? A 302, and whatever the 6.2 is in cubic inches. 390ish?

Edited by chiefstang

Timing of the 2010 unveiling is weird to say the least...hell we just got our KR TODAY!!!!!! awesome sound by the way.....

I think it was smart of Ford to change the order cycle of the Mustang. It'll be nice to get ours in the spring and early summer instead of in the middle of winter.

Probibly not a big deal in So Cal, but pretty money in the snowy states. It always sucked when we got our spring rush and couldn't order cars for customers.

We have a Vapor Silver (my favorite!) GT500 conv. here, but no KR. :censored:

I think that's a pretty thick limb. It would make perfect sense to have a limited production car with the 5 liter before mass producing it. There was alot of speculation about this about a year ago, and then it got real quiet. Kinda like the Raptor and the 6.2 liter. I bet the 5 liter in Boss trim could make around 400 hp, then leave room for a 375 hp version in the 2011.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see the 6.2 find it's way into the Mustang. Especially considering the mysterious "blackout" on the engine pics of the Raptor. Maybe two Boss variants? A 302, and whatever the 6.2 is in cubic inches. 390ish?

lets the imagination run wild speculating #'s and capacities of the next GT500......... :woot:

I think it was smart of Ford to change the order cycle of the Mustang. It'll be nice to get ours in the spring and early summer instead of in the middle of winter.

Probibly not a big deal in So Cal, but pretty money in the snowy states. It always sucked when we got our spring rush and couldn't order cars for customers.

We have a Vapor Silver (my favorite!) GT500 conv. here, but no KR. :censored:

shes Silver with Blus stripes...and sounds absolutely NASTY!

at 61 ci per liter, 6.2= 378. I know the engine isn't exactly 6.2L, so that number will be off. What are the bore and stroke dimensions for the 6.2? Anyone?

I don't know if they really need to bump that one too much. It's still king of the hill in it's price point. If anything, maybe the KR's tune will find it's way in there for 540-550 hp.

KR is 540 now....watch 575-600 become the next magic #....hell, a 5.0 eco boost should attain that no probs...one thing for sure....future looks good for the Stang...and pretty bleak for the bow tie boys....and the bankrupt Challenger....

lets the imagination run wild speculating #'s and capacities of the next GT500......... :woot:
Yay! I was waiting for someone to bring that up. My calculations say at least 625hp with a 5.0L base and a twin-screw supercharger at comparable boost to the current KR. Now, with the wider bore spacing of the 5.0L, this is unlikely. Does anyone know the strength figures for the 5.0 cylinder walls vs that of the 4.6?

I got my calculator out and a cigarette in hand. Let's crunch some numbers!

Yay! I was waiting for someone to bring that up. My calculations say at least 625hp with a 5.0L base and a twin-screw supercharger at comparable boost to the current KR. Now, with the wider bore spacing of the 5.0L, this is unlikely. Does anyone know the strength figures for the 5.0 cylinder walls vs that of the 4.6?

I got my calculator out and a cigarette in hand. Let's crunch some numbers!

eco may sound the death knoll for the blower....a twin turbo 5.0 would be a monster............

eco may sound the death knoll for the blower....a twin turbo 5.0 would be a monster............
I agree. But I don't think that Mulally would go for that kind of engineering budget for a Halo car that already has an arguably better power adder, or at least for the crowd that buys it. Pretty sure shelby guys will prefer the readily available low-end torque over increased gas mileage and horsepower.

i don't want them to touch the GT500 that much, well not until Chevy officially announces the Z28(if they ever do)

they need to be bumping up the GT #s or put something in between like a Boss 302 lol

oh a blue Boss with the two "302" stripes going along the hood would look insane!

I agree. But I don't think that Mulally would go for that kind of engineering budget for a Halo car that already has an arguably better power adder, or at least for the crowd that buys it. Pretty sure shelby guys will prefer the readily available low-end torque over increased gas mileage and horsepower.

remember you said that when they bring a new SVO to the table with a twin turbo 3.5 that comes in around 400 hp..... :happy feet:

Or a turbo 4-Banger with 300 hp+ to slot in with the NA V6 :happy feet:

i don't think so...remember the 3.5 IS close to being released in the Flex, Taurus and Mks.....I remember seeing a video of a Taurus complete with THAT engine derivitive...it HAULED..... :shades:

I wouldn't say there was ever a "bad" Mustang design:

1964.5-1966- The car that started it all

1967-1968- Improvements to a classic

1969-1970- Balls to the wall muscle

1971-1973- Beginnings of modern design elements

1974-1978- The car that saved the name

1979-1993- The Mustang revolution

1994-1998- Reborn classic, beginnings of "retro" design

1999-2004- Edgy retro

2005-2009- Modern retro

2010-?- Car for the times, attractive, snappy, and REMEMBERED

I honestly don't see the Mustang disappearing, it has been able to adapt for the markets tastes.

The Camaro and Challenger on the other hand.............................

I would take exception, the car that almost sunk the brand:

http://www.mustangii.net/1974_commercial.asp

WOW.

:drool:

I'm usually fairly indifferent toward Mustangs. I mean I like them and all but there's so many out there, and I would rather supe up a different car, and there are arguably better cars in the class, and that sort of thing...

But HOLY TAMOLEY. I LOVE that car.

The S197 looked bloated to me. And yet for having such a similar shape, the '10 looks like a completely different car.

I have NEVER instantly loved any Mustang before. I always came to appreciate them with time. No so here.

Great job Ford!