Auto-workers pay

TIGER66

Wal-Mart is a middleman. They buy products, and re-sell them at a profit. They can't afford to pay high wages to the sales personnel because they would lose their profit. They make a thin profit on each item, but make it up on high volume. Car companies produce expensive items at a high volume. That is unique in industry. Quality labor is crucial. Since labor is only a small portion of the total cost, and the jobs are very demanding, it makes sense to pay higher wages. Also, this allows the company to sell their product to the employees. If you work your butt off all day building new cars, and you do not make enough money to buy one, yourself, that would be pretty demoralizing, and would be reflected in your work quality.

Trim you just made my point. A large portion of society only care about themselves! As you say "it would be demoralizing for an autoworker to not make enough money to buy a new car". So are you saying its alright for workers to work at Wal Mart and not be able to provide health insurance for their children or maybe not be able to eat a lunch at school because they dont have the money? These people are just like the people working at Ford, they have needs to and Wal Mart is making billions of dollars profit. I could care less if Wal Mart only made 1 billion profit instead of 3 billion profit last quater. I do care if Wal Marts workers cant afford health insurance so our tax money pays when they get sick. This is money that could be used to improve our schools, infrastructure, Social Security ect.... People are people and we all have needs if workers stuck up for each other, maybe there would be less poverty, hunger and homelessness.

Trim you just made my point. A large portion of society only care about themselves! As you say "it would be demoralizing for an autoworker to not make enough money to buy a new car". So are you saying its alright for workers to work at Wal Mart and not be able to provide health insurance for their children or maybe not be able to eat a lunch at school because they dont have the money? These people are just like the people working at Ford, they have needs to and Wal Mart is making billions of dollars profit. I could care less if Wal Mart only made 1 billion profit instead of 3 billion profit last quater. I do care if Wal Marts workers cant afford health insurance so our tax money pays when they get sick. This is money that could be used to improve our schools, infrastructure, Social Security ect.... People are people and we all have needs if workers stuck up for each other, maybe there would be less poverty, hunger and homelessness.

Places of business are not charity organizations. Car companies need to have dependable quality labor, so they have to pay. Wal-mart is not an assembly line. If some sales people don't show, it just slightly inconveniences the customer. The store still operates. If many people at the Ford plant don't show up, it means mass relief, more repairs, as people are placed on unfamiliar jobs, and a degradation of quality. Add this all up, and it amounts to a lot more than a few dollars an hour labor cost.

If people would just stop giving their labor for peanuts and being slaves, companies would have to pay more. Because people are suckers, other people get bargains from places like Wal-Mart. They are brainwashed by the minimum wage law. The government should not have gotten itself involved in wages. When people negotiated their own wages, minimum wages were better than they are now under minimum wage law. In many companies, minimum wage is maximum wage. Fifty years ago, if you did not pay the equivalent of $15.00 an hour in to-day's money, you wouldn't get anybody to work for you. The government has got people brainwashed into working for "minimum wage". Forget minimum wage. Don't work for less than $15.00 an hour. If everybody did that they would get it. However, if you want to continue to be my slave so that I can buy stuff cheap, go ahead.

Government agencies like social security cost ten times more than what they provide. If that money was left in the economy, there would be more jobs, and social security would not be needed.

Edited by Trimdingman

Thats Right lets hit them back where they hurt Vote all the Bums out boycott fox news and any advertieser that they use

lets ask them if there parttime jobs> They get more time off that autoworkers) are worth 200k. Are they willing to give up wages to reduce the deficit?

Wal-Mart is a middleman. They buy products, and re-sell them at a profit. They can't afford to pay high wages to the sales personnel because they would lose their profit. They make a thin profit on each item, but make it up on high volume. Car companies produce expensive items at a high volume. That is unique in industry. Quality labor is crucial. Since labor is only a small portion of the total cost, and the jobs are very demanding, it makes sense to pay higher wages. Also, this allows the company to sell their product to the employees. If you work your butt off all day building new cars, and you do not make enough money to buy one, yourself, that would be pretty demoralizing, and would be reflected in your work quality.

WalMart my friend has sales of almost $350 billion a year.

They make upwards of $20--30billion profit my friend.

The Wall family all all on the top 10 richest Americans at over a combined $75 billion

Dont tell us they cannot afford to pay a guy $5 an hour more and pay some healthcare!!!

If they paid there avg. worker $10,000 more per year in pay and benefits then--------------

they may make ONLY $10-20 billion.

HOW MUCH IS ENOUGH

They WILL have a union by the end of Obama's term u can bet on that!!

WalMart my friend has sales of almost $350 billion a year.

They make upwards of $20--30billion profit my friend.

The Wall family all all on the top 10 richest Americans at over a combined $75 billion

Dont tell us they cannot afford to pay a guy $5 an hour more and pay some healthcare!!!

If they paid there avg. worker $10,000 more per year in pay and benefits then--------------

they may make ONLY $10-20 billion.

HOW MUCH IS ENOUGH

They WILL have a union by the end of Obama's term u can bet on that!!

If every person refused to work for less than $15.00 per hour, Wal-Mart would have to pay it. We would be paying a little more for products, but that would be fair. Buying stuff and then re-selling it is not a real industry. We now have on-line shopping. Some day this middleman will be gone and we will be buying directly from the manufacturers.

Edited by Trimdingman

Let us look at the big picture here. If we got rid of FOXNEWS then all of this crap about our wages won't be in the media as much. More spin on that great Repuking party that has controlled or Fu#$ed this country for the last 8 years. Send a strong message to all Dickocrats that want to be on the other side. Screw us and your ass is going back home with no job in DC.

I was listening to a radio guy from WLS in Chicago, Mark Levin if anyone wants to know, anyways, he was saying that the average auto worker makes $130,000.00 a year. Now, I don't know about everyone else but, I have never made even close to that! The most I ever made was a little more than 70,000. If everyone thinks we make that much money, I could understand why people would not want to bail the big 3 out. Misinformation will kill us all, or too broad of a statement will hurt us too such as what Mr. Levin said while he makes his money talking into a microphone.

I was listening to a radio guy from WLS in Chicago, Mark Levin if anyone wants to know, anyways, he was saying that the average auto worker makes $130,000.00 a year. Now, I don't know about everyone else but, I have never made even close to that! The most I ever made was a little more than 70,000. If everyone thinks we make that much money, I could understand why people would not want to bail the big 3 out. Misinformation will kill us all, or too broad of a statement will hurt us too such as what Mr. Levin said while he makes his money talking into a microphone.
Where do these people get their information from??? I have heard more lies and half-truths over the past two weeks!

I hear the $72.00 an hour figure all the time in the media, which they say is wages + benefits for the average auto worker. I have people ask me all the time if i really make $72/ hour. The media will always throw out these larger numbers like that to embellish their own story and not give the details of that number.

I hear the $72.00 an hour figure all the time in the media, which they say is wages + benefits for the average auto worker. I have people ask me all the time if i really make $72/ hour. The media will always throw out these larger numbers like that to embellish their own story and not give the details of that number.

They always throw out those big figures on us auto workers, but you never here them talk about any other industry workers pay and benefits. Say just for instance the rail road. They make about the same but better benefits. Like the fact that their spouse's even draw a pension. How about a chemical plant worker? What about the fact that exec's make around 300-350 times the amount of their average employee? The point is, to the people who make less than us, you to have the right to collective bargaining. Use it or stop bitching! Bitching doesnt pay as well as the hard work that auto workers proudly endure on a daily basis.

They always throw out those big figures on us auto workers, but you never here them talk about any other industry workers pay and benefits. Say just for instance the rail road. They make about the same but better benefits. Like the fact that their spouse's even draw a pension. How about a chemical plant worker? What about the fact that exec's make around 300-350 times the amount of their average employee? The point is, to the people who make less than us, you to have the right to collective bargaining. Use it or stop bitching! Bitching doesnt pay as well as the hard work that auto workers proudly endure on a daily basis.
If ya want to read a good artical go to MichaelMoore.com and read the "More Crap from the Crap Factory" artical--it's about debunking the myth of the autoworkers wage.

The real cost of unionized auto workers? $70/hour? Try $38!

Here is an excellent article that everyone needs to read and share...

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/23/opinion-the-real-cost-of-unionized-auto-workers-70-hour-try/

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/23/opinion-the-real-cost-of-unionized-auto-workers-70-hour-try/

i just bumped this up because i think it's something every non-union person reading from this site should hear.

ok so the public says we are lazy and way overpaid but we are the ones doing the hard labor and the guys sitting in offices making horrible decisions making millions i guess thats ok to them. like i said let them come in and do the jobs go home and wake up hurting like hell the next day.

:beerchug: