Gettlefinger News Conference at Noon

Wlbren

It's on Channel 4 here in Detroit. Pretty much Ron telling everyone what we have already heard. So far no bad news aimed directly at us.

"No bad news aimed directly at us"? Did you miss the part about the possibility of getting rid of the jobs bank (JSP)? Here is part of the statement.

"The UAW is at the table," he said. "We're at the table every day and we would welcome all the other stakeholders to the table to make some concessions."

At the news conference, Gettelfinger fended off a line of questioning about whether the UAW would be willing to give up the "jobs bank" if required by Congress as a condition of the loans. In the "jobs bank," laid-off workers receive 95 percent of their pay and benefits.

"We're on the verge of eliminating that provision," he said of the jobs bank.

"It's premature for me to answer a speculative question. Let's wait and see ... what they come down with and then we'll make a decision at that point in time."

The full article can be found at http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/ar...28&Symbol=F

Edited by tincup2b

"No bad news aimed directly at us"? Did you miss the part about the possibility of getting rid of the jobs bank (JSP)? Here is part of the statement.

"The UAW is at the table," he said. "We're at the table every day and we would welcome all the other stakeholders to the table to make some concessions."

At the news conference, Gettelfinger fended off a line of questioning about whether the UAW would be willing to give up the "jobs bank" if required by Congress as a condition of the loans. In the "jobs bank," laid-off workers receive 95 percent of their pay and benefits.

"We're on the verge of eliminating that provision," he said of the jobs bank.

"It's premature for me to answer a speculative question. Let's wait and see ... what they come down with and then we'll make a decision at that point in time."

The full article can be found at http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/ar...28&Symbol=F

great job RON give them the farm too. while we are on the verge of changing things in the middle of the contract lets change the constitution as well and start with how we elect our reps. downtown I'M DONE GIVING UP THINGS WITHOUT MANAGEMENT GIVING UP SHIT ... ENOUGH !!!!! Edited by the new eye

great job RON give them the farm too. while we are on the verge of changing things in the middle of the contract lets change the constitution as well and start with how we elect our reps. downtown I'M DONE GIVING UP THINGS WITHOUT MANAGEMENT GIVING UP SHIT ... ENOUGH !!!!!

so jsp is going away?

Here's a quote from detnews:

Gettelfinger said the jobs bank has been reorganized (which pays workers 95 percent of their wage while on layoff), adding that Ford has taken 40,000 workers out since 2005 and GM has removed about 47,000. Currently, Chrysler has 711 workers in the jobs bank, GM has 1,404 and Ford has 1,476.

"It's not gone yet but it's almost gone," Gettelfinger said. "We're on the verge of eliminating that provision." And new language in the 2007 contract has stripped it to a "mere shadow of what it used to be."

I dont think he was saying they are giving it up, i think he was saying we have already reorganized it to the point that soon there wont be any people in because of buyouts, attrition etc...

Gettelfinger said the jobs bank has been reorganized (which pays workers 95 percent of their wage while on layoff), adding that Ford has taken 40,000 workers out since 2005 and GM has removed about 47,000. Currently, Chrysler has 711 workers in the jobs bank, GM has 1,404 and Ford has 1,476.

"It's not gone yet but it's almost gone," Gettelfinger said. "We're on the verge of eliminating that provision." And new language in the 2007 contract has stripped it to a "mere shadow of what it used to be."

I dont think he was saying they are giving it up, i think he was saying we have already reorganized it to the point that soon there wont be any people in because of buyouts, attrition etc...

That is how I read it as well.

That how I understood him also. We are all just a little paranoid.

That how I understood him also. We are all just a little paranoid.

Let's hope that that is what he meant. Alot of us in the job bank were put there because our jobs were shipped overseas or to Mexico or wherever else Ford wanted to send them to. These moves were not made because of a slowdown in auto sales, this was done because management doesn't want to make parts for cars, they just want to assemble them. That way they cover their collective asses when a major recall happens because of part failures. So we get laid off and they get bonuses, now it seems, we will get kicked in the butt again so that the higher ups can keep making these Great decisions!