"Employee Pricing"= A plan or D plan?

Because of some other issues, I'm trying to verify if my dealer is being straight with me. They state that the employee pricing is D plan, not A plan. The difference isn't signficant, but I'd like to know if I can trust them. I haven't been able to get a straight answer from emailing Ford.

Because of some other issues, I'm trying to verify if my dealer is being straight with me. They state that the employee pricing is D plan, not A plan. The difference isn't signficant, but I'd like to know if I can trust them. I haven't been able to get a straight answer from emailing Ford.

IIRC, D-plan is the better plan.

Yes, A plan is better by about $100 less, though if the incentive is based on D plan, I'm not going to hassle them for $100. However, I would like to know what the manufacturer intended, because I've heard from several people (who aren't really in the know) that it's based on A plan, and the dealer insists it's on D plan. I already have a couple of other reasons to question them being honest with me, and I'll walk if they are lying about this. It's just not easy to walk away, though, because it's the only Merc dealer in an hour radius, and the next closest has a low volume. The car I want is nowhere to be found within at least 3 hours radius, so I need a dealer willing to work to find it.

Thanks to anyone who really does know for sure and can tell me if the incentives are based on A or D plan. I tried talking to Ford, but they gave me a canned answer about talking to the dealer.

IIRC, D-plan is the better plan.

Bumping a last time hoping someone out there has the answer: Is "employee pricing" based on A plan or D plan?

Here you go.

Participation in the Employee Pricing program is completely voluntary. Dealers choosing to participate in the program agree to offer all eligible customers a special maximum vehicle price (equal to A-Plan price less applicable incentives) when they purchase or lease an eligible Ford or Lincoln Mercury vehicle. Claiming the dealer commission payment (PGM# 95074) on one vehicle constitutes a dealer's agreement to participate in the program for all eligible deliveries for the duration of the program.

Participating dealers agree to offer all eligible vehicles at or below A-Plan price. Dealers may not offer prices that exceed A-Plan price.

Thank you. I appreciate the help, and it confirms what I thought: this dealer was lying to me about this as well as a couple of other issues. I will have to go elsewhere.

I see you're in San Diego....only one L/M dealership!

Just curious as to why A or D plan makes such a difference, or what the "other" issues are.

It's $100 difference which really isn't a lot, but it's more the principle at this point. I have received consistently unreliable and untruthful service at this dealership, but I've tolerated, because they are the only Merc dealer around. I don't tolerate dishonesty when spending $30,000, because if I'm catching a few lies, I worry about which ones I won't catch until it's too late. So the point is that they insisted it was D plan, that I was wrong that it was A plan.

Marginal, thank you for your help, and Ken Grody does Ford but not Mercury.

I see you're in San Diego....only one L/M dealership!

Just curious as to why A or D plan makes such a difference, or what the "other" issues are.

Yes, I do know that, thank you. The question, which was answered, was whether the employee pricing incentives currently advertised are based on A or D plan. I received confirmation that it was A plan. But thank you.

A-plan = Ford Motor Company employee

D-plan = FLM Dealership employee

Here's some interesting double-talk for a chuckle in your day. This is the reply from Ford when I emailed to ask which employee plan the current incentive is based on, A or D.

We are so happy you are considering using our latest promotion. To answer your question, both the A plan and the D plan are

the same thing. In other words the D plan is the A plan for our Dealer employees. That is the only difference. The amount is the same on the true copy of the manufacturer's invoice.

Here's some interesting double-talk for a chuckle in your day. This is the reply from Ford when I emailed to ask which employee plan the current incentive is based on, A or D.

We are so happy you are considering using our latest promotion. To answer your question, both the A plan and the D plan are

the same thing. In other words the D plan is the A plan for our Dealer employees. That is the only difference. The amount is the same on the true copy of the manufacturer's invoice.

Who did you send the question to and who is the reply from?

wrong...$100 difference...D -plan is higher....

I sent the inquiry via the Ford website, and the response came signed from

Geraldine

Ford Motor Company

AXZ&D Plan Program Headquarters

I sent the inquiry via the Ford website, and the response came signed from

Geraldine

Ford Motor Company

tell her to actually LOOK at a factory invoice...there are two boxes, 1 for A, 1 for D....EVERY invoice is EXACTLY $100 difference....EVERY invoice.....shes clueless......

Personally I haven't bought a car from Witt L/M but they seem to have a decent reputation. Their service department seems very good (I had a used Mark VIII prior). Certainly better than Townsend did before!

Still curious abot the other "issues"....heck I like the Milan and could imagine buying one.

Based on my own experiences and comments from this forum's users, I replied to the Ford.com representative who didn't answer my questions about what plan Employee Pricing was based on and who claimed that A and D plan were the same prices. This was her first reply:

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company on 12/2/2008 03:32:04 AM. I am sorry that you do not feel my information is

correct. However, on the original Manufacturer's True Copy of the Invoice the A plan price is the exact same as the D plan price..

Please let us know if the information we provided has met your expectations. If it has not, please feel free to write us back and advise how we may be of further assistance to you.

Sincerely,

Geraldine

Ford Motor Company

I then replied again, challenging that statement, suggesting she ask a superior; I quoted her the Ford memo posted by Marginal above (not telling her where I saw that information), and I asked what "true copy of the invoice" meant, because all the invoices I'd seen thus far showed two prices for A and D plan and then she answered:

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company on 12/5/2008 04:19:38 PM. We appreciate the time you have taken to write us again.

Thank you for your interest in incentives. I do apologize but you are correct the D-plan pricing is a $100 more than the A-plan pricing and the Employee Incentive is based on the A-plan pricing.

Sincerely,

Geraldine

Ford Motor Company

So thank you everyone here for your help in getting that confirmed though it really shouldn't have been this hard. I should have been told the truth by the dealer to begin with, and it doesn't seem right that even members of this forum knew more than the CSRs responding to inquiries at Ford.com. Now only if I can locate my vehicle......