UAW NEWS CONFERENCE

OUTGOING

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's just been announced that they've suspended the JSP and deferred the VEBA. I notice that they're not deferring our contributions to VEBA. What they fail to understand is that now the states will have to pick up what the JSP used to pick up. Dumbasses! And since there has been this modification to the National Agreement, will we get to vote on it? Hmmm, or did our fearless leaders (Presidents/Building Chairmen) give the authorization to do this "on our behalf"? And in this sharing of the sacrifice, exactly what is our International Union doing to share? Pay cuts? Pension cuts? Benefit cuts? Not a bloody damned thing! As usual.

Well it's just been announced that they've suspended the JSP and deferred the VEBA. I notice that they're not deferring our contributions to VEBA. What they fail to understand is that now the states will have to pick up what the JSP used to pick up. Dumbasses! And since there has been this modification to the National Agreement, will we get to vote on it? Hmmm, or did our fearless leaders (Presidents/Building Chairmen) give the authorization to do this "on our behalf"? And in this sharing of the sacrifice, exactly what is our International Union doing to share? Pay cuts? Pension cuts? Benefit cuts? Not a bloody damned thing! As usual.

Suspended JSP? i did not catch that part. Suspended=GONE????

just heard on wwj 950 that the JSP jobs bank is gone. so i guess we don't vote on that?

it sounded like ron said it's (JSP) all done...

I recorded the whole news conference, I have yet to hear them say anything about the JSP, on channel 4 he also said they are not opening the contract but will make modification to it about deferring the VEBA, I must of missed about the JSP no questions have even been asked about it.

"Willing" "suspend" - you and I know that it's just semantics. It's a shell game and that's all there is to it. The jobs bank is the JSP is the GEN, etc. Just like every year at the Joint Conferences when they come up with a new program and a bunch of new acronyms. It's an alphabet soup of the same crap! So, for the sake of saving some time, let's just call it all what it is. Now the only question remains as to how much of a percentage it will "pass" by. What kind of message do they want to send to America?

"Willing" "suspend" - you and I know that it's just semantics. It's a shell game and that's all there is to it. The jobs bank is the JSP is the GEN, etc. Just like every year at the Joint Conferences when they come up with a new program and a bunch of new acronyms. It's an alphabet soup of the same crap! So, for the sake of saving some time, let's just call it all what it is. Now the only question remains as to how much of a percentage it will "pass" by. What kind of message do they want to send to America?

Nevermind Now he talikng about the JSP/GEN oh GOD here we go what will happen now go back to work the get laid off with sub pay and unemployment and then what no job at all this is great!!!! NO VOTE!!!!! But there are alot more peole still working that will vote yes to pass it thinking that it won't ever hit them to lose there job GOOD LUCK ALL

Hi Spring.see you at work.

Ive been surfing my ass off about this news conference and from what i see Ron said....

"Gettelfinger also said the union will modify the jobs bank, in which laid-off workers are paid up to 95 percent of their salaries while not working, but he did not give specifics."

So at this time I'm not going to jump the gun about making any conclusions.I think I was thinking the same thing you were when Ron said he wasn't going to open the contract for re negotiation but rather modify the contract without opening it up.That way the membership wouldn't get to vote on it.

I don't know about you but any more cuts to my dept to income ratio will sink my boat no questions asked.

I'm starting to think maybe we should ditch this lame union and find one that fights for us and not roll over for the company.

My nerves are shot! :banghead:

:reading: I belive that our leadership will fight for us untill the end remember they to have came from the same place that we are at, What is needed right now is for us to get behind them AND stand togeather. UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL i DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO BUT I WILL STAND!!!!!

Hi Spring.see you at work.

Ive been surfing my ass off about this news conference and from what i see Ron said....

"Gettelfinger also said the union will modify the jobs bank, in which laid-off workers are paid up to 95 percent of their salaries while not working, but he did not give specifics."

So at this time I'm not going to jump the gun about making any conclusions.I think I was thinking the same thing you were when Ron said he wasn't going to open the contract for re negotiation but rather modify the contract without opening it up.That way the membership wouldn't get to vote on it.

I don't know about you but any more cuts to my dept to income ratio will sink my boat no questions asked.

I'm starting to think maybe we should ditch this lame union and find one that fights for us and not roll over for the company.

My nerves are shot! :banghead:

Hey Dale, sitting here on the couch. Had some surgery yesterday so this is what I'm limited to! lol My husband and I are watching this very carefully.

:reading: I belive that our leadership will fight for us untill the end remember they to have came from the same place that we are at, What is needed right now is for us to get behind them AND stand togeather. UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL i DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO BUT I WILL STAND!!!!!

i agree. and despite all the dopes on this board saying "F the union-they're scewing us- all i know is i am fortunate to belong to a union that can at least negotiate a solution as opposed the being unrepresented and at the total mercy of the company.

:reading:

i agree. and despite all the dopes on this board saying "F the union-they're scewing us- all i know is i am fortunate to belong to a union that can at least negotiate a solution as opposed the being unrepresented and at the total mercy of the company.

Good commenant! I have Been on the other side of the fence That is why I Chose to STAND!!!!

Plus we dont get 95 percent of our pay its more like 60 after taxes.

honestly brother......how can you bitch? how many other people gets paid anything other than UI when they are staying home doing NOTHING? this is a serious crisis for the industry, and yes, weve given and given, but we will give more. the days of great pay and benefits are slipping away. we will be lucky if they dont cut our pay $10 an hour

you ARE at the total mercy of the company, youre just too brianwashed to see it