Edmunds.com bias against Mustang

SVT_MAN

When they talk about the V8 powered Camaro versus the V8 powered Mustang, they are comparing a coupe Camaro to the convertible Mustang (and the premium model at that!) .. see below:

However, a top-of-the-line 2010 Ford Mustang GT Convertible Premium model starts at $36,845, including shipping. The uplevel 2010 Chevrolet Camaro with a V8 starts at $30,995, including destination.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=137028#2

That's just plain sloppy journalism.

When they talk about the V8 powered Camaro versus the V8 powered Mustang, they are comparing a coupe Camaro to the convertible Mustang (and the premium model at that!) .. see below:

They finally ran out of 370Z news so they needed a new post.

The Mustang is better than the Camaro so I don't mind paying more for it -- No one is going to buy a premium when the base model comes with leather anyway and the Mustang GT is immortalized as a coupe, not a convertible so everyone won't be going for that model. It'll be $25k, get it bore and stroked to 5.0L for a couple grand so I can make 450hp and leave anything short of a Viper in the dust.

Edit: They better be driving a 2003+ Viper :D

Edited by GT-Keith

:ohsnap:

I sure hope the Lienerts aren't planning on picking up an SS convertible for under $31K.

(There's a hint in the previous sentence that explains the "sloppy journalism." It's also interesting how this particular blog doesn't allow comments. ;))

The 2009 GT is under $28K, and the GT Premium is just over $29K, so the 2010 will most likely still undercut the Camaro.

Autoblog put together a good price comparison of the 2010 muscle cars base prices:

link

I'm not sure about the options each comes with.

I love this comment from that link

my vote goes to teh Camaro hands down. It will sell on interior alone. Plus it will get by far the best mpgs.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I love this comment from that link

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

That is funny. I love these idiots that say they are going to buy a sports coupe because of 2 mpg. WTF! I really like the Camaro's exterior-not to thrilled with the interior-but it may seem a little better in person.

I like the new Mustang as well-the inside could use a little more sportiness but it works. Starting to get used to the rear-think the vehicle looks more compact and not as bloated-especially compared to the Dodge (that thing is just a big).

Thats the whole thing, the 2010 Mustang is just a place holder for the time being, if your serious about getting a new Mustang, wait till 2011 when you'll have the 5L and 3.5/3.7L in it, thats if the Ecoboost doesnt come out as a late aviaiblity next year for the Mustang.

Its a decent update that would have been great with the new engines but hey its a very nice improvement over the current Mustang, which looks kind of cheap next to it now (and I own one!)

I have a question for anyone that may know. I currently have a 2008 Mustang and its lease is up in Sept. of 2009. I know the 2010 Mustang comes out in the early part of 2009 so do you think they will have new motor options ready by the fall of next year or will that not show up until fall of 2010?

I want another Stang but I am not going to get another that is basically the same as my current setup.

I have a question for anyone that may know. I currently have a 2008 Mustang and its lease is up in Sept. of 2009. I know the 2010 Mustang comes out in the early part of 2009 so do you think they will have new motor options ready by the fall of next year or will that not show up until fall of 2010?

I want another Stang but I am not going to get another that is basically the same as my current setup.

Probably not until CY2010.