NAP Closure Official

tincup2b

April 13, 2006 10:21 AM ETFord to announce closure of Virginia plantadvertisementRelated information E-mail this article Print-friendly versionStocks mentioned in this articleFORD MOTOR(F) Stock Quote, Chart, News

All Reuters NewsDETROIT (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. plans to close its Norfolk, Virginia, assembly plant by 2008 as part of the automaker's broader restructuring plan, a local United Auto Workers union official said on Thursday.

"Ford will make an announcement at 1 o'clock informing the employees that it will close the plant in 2008," said Chris Kimmons, president of UAW Local 919, which represents the 2,400 workers at the plant.

Recent investing newsStocks Rise on Flat Business Inventories El Paso Corporation Declares Quarterly Dividend MasTec Settles Lawsuits Deere Names Myers As Board Director Developers to Invest $1 Billion in U.S. Retail Properties

The plant builds Ford's F-150 pickup truck.

Copyright 2006 Reuters

They have never sold 900,000 F-150's, it's been 900,000 F-Series trucks,that total sold includes all F-series trucks built including the F-250's and F-350's built at KTP.There is no demand for what NAP builds anymore,most trucks sold are the F-150 Crew cab trucks and F-250's and F-350's.

Super cab and Regular cab trucks are not that popluar anymore.

They have never sold 900,000 F-150's, it's been 900,000 F-Series trucks,that total sold includes all F-series trucks built including the F-250's and F-350's built at KTP.There is no demand for what NAP builds anymore,most trucks sold are the F-150 Crew cab trucks and F-250's and F-350's.

Super cab and Regular cab trucks are not that popluar anymore.

We at SLAP feel for you at NAP :(:( It is a sad day for all uaw members, Our prayers are with you and hope that sales will increase to the point that closing plants no longer becomes a option. I know I am dreaming,but I at least still have that.

"Ford will make an announcement at 1 o'clock informing the employees that it will close the plant in 2008," said Chris Kimmons, president of UAW Local 919, which represents the 2,400 workers at the plant.

Why did the UAW president talk to the media before telling the members? He knew on Wednesday morning but no one was told anything until they heard the rumors this morning.

Weren't all Ford management and these local union reps in Las Vegas 3 weeks ago?

Oh, I forgot these union reps like to get on television and look like they are doing something productive.

Got to love finding out that way, definitely top notch.... I wish the best for everyone and may we all have a job in the future. I just hope that the American auto industry can survive tell we can get a democrat back in the white house to straighten it all out. It least they aren't sexally frustated....