Richard Shelby- A True American Traitor

Footballfan

You wonder why people have a negative mindset of the UAW workers that work for the Big3. You make the point for people outside the big3,that we are thugs and uneducated.

Most of the country is against the bailout to the big3. The federal government doesn't have the money for any of these bailouts,WE ARE BROKE. Doesn't matter if its Dem's or Repub's,both have over spent with NO REDUCTIONS IN SPENDING.

As usual, you're wrong.

The U.S. federal government DOES have money, in the form of low-interest loans, to the domestic automakers. How do I know?

B/c the U.S. government has at least $12 billion dollars---per MONTH---to spend killing brown people in Afghanistan and Iraq (and that doesn't include the so-called "black budget").

Also, our federal govm't. has doled out at least $700 Billion to bail out the financial and insurance industries.

What GM, Chryco. (and maybe Ford) need to keep about 3 million Americans in decent jobs is peanuts.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They asked him @ his news conference today if he had any contact from transfers( Toyota honda mercedes) about the bridge loans. He looked right into the camera and said absoulty not(bullshit) and he would vote against the loans if he had 5 ford and gm plants in his state(bullshit). His smugness and inabaility to be truthful is what makes him an asshole.

Just my opinion never trust a man who talks out of the side of his mouth.

That's right, cs.

I encourage everyone to call Richard Shelby and Jeff Sessions of Alabama; David Vitter of Louisiana, and Bob Corker of Tennessee. Tell them you will boycott those states, and everything about them, for

opposing help for the domestic automakers.

4 million people? You gotta break that down for me. GM Ford and Chrysler employee about 500k. Your assuming they all enter Ch. 7 and somehow destroy another 3.5 Mio other jobs? I gotta hear this.

He's not a traitor. He's representing his (American) constituents. Is he a traitor because foreign companies came to america and hired Americans?

Typical liberal BS position..when someone disagree's, attack them personally.

He is a traitor period...an economic traitor to America. Sure the foreign companies come nesting in states like his....to make as much money as they can haul out and return it to their HOME countries to support THEIR economy. Meanwhile the AMERICAN economy continues in decline. This isn't a liberal position it's REAL. Do you think ANY of these companies give a real hoot about America itself? Make no mistake if they had to chose between here or there they'd be gone in a second and so would that rosey picture down south.

That's right, cs.

I encourage everyone to call Richard Shelby and Jeff Sessions of Alabama; David Vitter of Louisiana, and Bob Corker of Tennessee. Tell them you will boycott those states, and everything about them, for

opposing help for the domestic automakers.

Here's a copy of my letter to him. Please critque it for me as I will gladly send him a better updated version if needed. Sorry if I offend any GOP brothers and sisters here on this site, as I was fairly independent, but that has pretty much come to an end!

Dear Honorable Senator Shelby,

I am currently an hourly Ford employee and I am at an utter amazement for your hatred against me and the company I work for and all of my co-workers - Salary and Hourly. I promise you that if I happen to be at a retailer of ANY sort and I find out that something I want to buy was made, produced or any of the money made from it goes to your state, I WILL NOT MAKE THAT PURCHASE! I promise! I also promise that everyone I know will also read this and hopefully will make the same conscientious decision as I have made. You and your fellow GOP party members have lost the race to the White House and Government control because of all of your anti-blue collar and anti-middle class attitude. We are what builds this Great Country, you and your rich friends just do the financing. Where in the hell were you when Citibank asked for $20 Billion with no questions asked? I hope you and all of your Saudi Arabian friends have fun with that money!

If the GOP had their way, which apparently they do in Alabama, there would be no ‘minimum-wage’, there wouldn’t be any ‘child-labor’ laws, there wouldn’t be a need for ‘overtime pay’, there wouldn’t be a need for the ’40 hour work week’, there wouldn’t be a need for weekends (Friday wouldn’t mean anything now would it?). Shame on you and the others just like you that at a time when Our Country is in major distress YOU want to POLITICIZE the situation and break the backs of the hard working men and women while you and all of you Banking Constituents and your Oil Buddies are taking, stealing MY TAXES for YOUR OWN GOOD , with $700,000,000,000.00 and can’t let 3 companies, companies that built this country, you greedy man, you can’t let them try to survive? You blast our CEO’s, but NOT ONE WORD is said to the CEO’s, CFO’s of the Financial System? The GOP will have a very, very hard time to ever receive a vote from me again! There are more to morals than just the 2 you stand for!

Sincerely,

(Pointy)

Edited by pointy

This man is not protecting voters, he is advocating that these companies go bankrupt so they do not have to pay their debt. He is saying he wants these companies to not honor the contracts that they signed with suppliers, dealers, workers as well as the bankers. If we lose our jobs I think we should all go to Alabama and apply for food stamps, health care and welfare. His property taxes will go up because our kids will need an education. I think the UAW should get their lawyers and comb the laws to see if those who lose their jobs can sue the states that gave tax breaks for the foreign auto plants.

Here's a copy of my letter to him. Please critque it for me as I will gladly send him a better updated version if needed. Sorry if I offend any GOP brothers and sisters here on this site, as I was fairly independent, but that has pretty much come to an end!

Dear Honorable Senator Shelby,

I am currently an hourly Ford employee and I am at an utter amazement for your hatred against me and the company I work for and all of my co-workers - Salary and Hourly. I promise you that if I happen to be at a retailer of ANY sort and I find out that something I want to buy was made, produced or any of the money made from it goes to your state, I WILL NOT MAKE THAT PURCHASE! I promise! I also promise that everyone I know will also read this and hopefully will make the same conscientious decision as I have made. You and your fellow GOP party members have lost the race to the White House and Government control because of all of your anti-blue collar and anti-middle class attitude. We are what builds this Great Country, you and your rich friends just do the financing. Where in the hell were you when Citibank asked for $20 Billion with no questions asked? I hope you and all of your Saudi Arabian friends have fun with that money!

If the GOP had their way, which apparently they do in Alabama, there would be no ‘minimum-wage’, there wouldn’t be any ‘child-labor’ laws, there wouldn’t be a need for ‘overtime pay’, there wouldn’t be a need for the ’40 hour work week’, there wouldn’t be a need for weekends (Friday wouldn’t mean anything now would it?). Shame on you and the others just like you that at a time when Our Country is in major distress YOU want to POLITICIZE the situation and break the backs of the hard working men and women while you and all of you Banking Constituents and your Oil Buddies are taking, stealing MY TAXES for YOUR OWN GOOD , with $700,000,000,000.00 and can’t let 3 companies, companies that built this country, you greedy man, you can’t let them try to survive? You blast our CEO’s, but NOT ONE WORD is said to the CEO’s, CFO’s of the Financial System? The GOP will have a very, very hard time to ever receive a vote from me again! There are more to morals than just the 2 you stand for!

Sincerely,

(Pointy)

Looks good, pointy. You could also mention this: http://www.epi.org/content.cfm/bp227. It's called, "When Giants Fall. " Kinda long, but it's worth the read.

Edited by Pumpmaster

7 spinoff jobs? Prove that. Besides, that 500k number is GLOBAL employment for the D3.

Either way you're assuming 100% of the D3 jobs and 100% of spinoff jobs (whatever that number is) disappear . Won't happen. I don't think Ford is even planning to use the money at this point.

He's no more a traitor for representing his voters than Michigan senators are for representing us.

http://newsdurhamregion.com/news/Business/article/97917

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...UTO01/811030343

http://www.vindy.com/news/2008/nov/23/big-...ciety-as-whole/

It bothers me that you have such a carefree attitude about someone who is playing Russian Roulette with your job. Whatever the spinoff number is, it will be economic disaster if one or more of the Big Three fail. You seem to be assuming that GM, Chrysler, and/or Ford will be closed Friday, and other companies will pick up the slack Monday. Any employment gains from a Big Three collapes will be incremental at best, and only occur over a three to four year period. Even then, there will not be too many people buying new cars during a depression.

http://newsdurhamregion.com/news/Business/article/97917

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...UTO01/811030343

http://www.vindy.com/news/2008/nov/23/big-...ciety-as-whole/

It bothers me that you have such a carefree attitude about someone who is playing Russian Roulette with your job. Whatever the spinoff number is, it will be economic disaster if one or more of the Big Three fail. You seem to be assuming that GM, Chrysler, and/or Ford will be closed Friday, and other companies will pick up the slack Monday. Any employment gains from a Big Three collapes will be incremental at best, and only occur over a three to four year period. Even then, there will not be too many people buying new cars during a depression.

This senario would only come about if all 3 liquidate. If they all did liquidate just for a senario, how long do you think before Nissan,Honda and Toyota would be buying up some of assets?

F-series

Ecoboost engine

Chrysler's hemi engine

Dodge with the cummins(Nissan was rumoured of trying to get that contract from Chrysler)

GM's allison tranny

Corvette

Jeep

Chevy volt

I prepared for this type of senario many years ago,even before Ford. My grandfather lived through the depression. Today he lives comfortably from what he learned during that time.

If the bill doesn't pass the senate,GM has 84 billion in outstanding debt and will file for Chapter 11. Since Chrysler has already hired a group to handle theirs,i'm sure they wouldn't be far behind GM's filing. We will have to wait and see how that plays out to know where we would stand.

Ford has been in trouble since the Firestone fiasco. We have shown profit when Ford motor credit showed enough profit to offset what we were losing on the operations side of our business. Its a harsh reality,but it is where we are at the present time.

If this bill does pass,then who knows until March'09. :shades:

very interesting pump, did you see alabama as number 4 in GM's list of emplyees.....nice, so shelby is telling alabaman's to go to hell...nice......

Everybody should just move there. Get a job, quit or get fired. File unemployment. Get welfare and food stamps down there. The only way they can pay for it is to raise their taxes and that will fuck up their ecomony in the long run. If everyone decided to move there like government mules and line up for the free bricks of cheese, that would send a strong message.

Oh, by the way... Nobody says a word about these assholes moving up North many years ago taking automotive jobs now do they?

Edited by Bored of Pisteon

Everybody should just move there. Get a job, quit or get fired. File unemployment. Get welfare and food stamps down there. The only way they can pay for it is to raise their taxes and that will fuck up their ecomony in the long run. If everyone decided to move there like government mules and line up for the free bricks of cheese, that would send a strong message.

Oh, by the way... Nobody says a word about these assholes moving up North many years ago taking automotive jobs now do they?

unreal, nobody understands, 'they' - Alabama does not care what happens up here, there economy is NOT receding, they have jobs almost everywhere.

and as long as your not a druggie, and show up to work, you can get paid good money down there.

all this shit about lowering our wages.....no. transplants make what we make if your full time. how do i know ? cause i made friends down there that WORK in montgomery at hyundai, and work in toyota and honda near birm. AL.

another thing, they get major government assistance. in the form of tax breaks, and loans....

Edited by dark271

Even though I never traveled that far south. I'd personally like to pass through and visit just to see what it would be like. I did travel a bit out of state on several occassions a few years ago. It's just that it gets too fuckin' hot down there in the summertime.

Oh, by the way... Didn't Navin Johnson come from there? Y'all know who he is now!

Navin_Family.jpg

As usual, you're wrong.

The U.S. federal government DOES have money, in the form of low-interest loans, to the domestic automakers. How do I know?

B/c the U.S. government has at least $12 billion dollars---per MONTH---to spend killing brown people in Afghanistan and Iraq (and that doesn't include the so-called "black budget").

Also, our federal govm't. has doled out at least $700 Billion to bail out the financial and insurance industries.

What GM, Chryco. (and maybe Ford) need to keep about 3 million Americans in decent jobs is peanuts.

This country is 53 TRILLION dollars in DEBT!!! There is no money for any of this spending!! We are putting all this on the federal government credit card.

Maybe you ought to get your facts right. The federal government needs major budget cuts,period.

Be nice if the Big 3 told the Nascar teams that they will get no support if they race in Alabama or any other state that opposed the Bridge. Also to would be nice if NASCAR stepped up to the plate and said no races there. Wonder how much income the states would loose from that.

Now THATS a damn great idea. In fact as a union we should INSIST on it !

Hey guys we got a anti-union basher from another site trying to make the UAW look even worse on another Forum. http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread.php?s...28#post10948528

Originally posted by Dolemite

Google them

One is Blue Oval News...check out the 'Employee' forum.

I'm on Blue Oval News, checking out a thread titled, "Richard Shelby- A True American Traitor."

This should entertain me for the rest of the night.

One of the posts in that thread is: i hope on christmas eve when he is with his family, he grabs his chest and falls face first into his christmas tree withh a massive, fatal heart attack. really, i do

Why don't we do this? Get 200 or so people together like they do on strike duty, and picket a random Japanese or Korean auto dealer that sells cars made in these prick senator's state. Nothing violent, but just intimidating- just enough to scare the customers away and ding the sales of these dealers. Perhaps if Toyota, Honda, etc start bitching to these worthless hick senators things would change. If not, we could help take thier state's jobs along with ours. Harsh? you bet, but you have to fight fire with fire. UAW ONE MAN ONE VOTE/

Hey guys we got a anti-union basher from another site trying to make the UAW look even worse on another Forum. http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread.php?s...28#post10948528

I went on that site too. It seems that that post was made by a 23 year old- too ripe to know they ramifications that this collapse will bring. He probably was brainwahsed by those who bash idiots.

It is naive to think that only the UAW, Big Three workers, and the states that depend on the Big Three will be hurt. A sad but true fact is that many Americans love misery. Check out the hurricanes. People are glued to the TVs days before the hurricane and the news media is there in abundance after it. It has been said that most people go to car races to see the crashes, and hockey games to see the fights.

To spell it out, this is what a Big Three collapse will mean to the nation:

1) Even if you want to trade in your Ford, GM Chrysler car in for another brand, the resale value will be next to nothing- you will have to save more or have a higher monthly payment for that new Honda, Toyota, BMW or Chinese brand that is sure to come on the market.

2) There was a Redneck congressman from SC that stated his constituents would riot if the Big Three were given the loan. What about riots if three million loose their jobs as some estimate? Crime will go through the roof in the Rust Belt.

3) Who are the municipalities going to turn to when the tax base collapses? Whose going to pay for the unemployed and uninsured? What happens when the pension guarntee funds run dry? Those who are still working will be paying for it and the Federal Goverment will have to step in.

4) The current "Rust Belt" will now become the "Death Belt." The new "Rust Belt" will be the rest of the United States. As wages our driven down to Wal-Mart levels, within a decade, Honda, Toyota, and Nissan will close up shop here as the market is flooded with cheap Indian and Chinese cars, they will find that the money being paid to transplant workers is too much.

What should happen? While we are waiting for a new adminstration, Ford, GM, and Chrysler should shut down- tell everyone to go on unemployment for the month. Perhaps when some of these idiots see the 20-25 percent unemployment rates they may have a second thought as to how important the Big Three are.

Edited by Footballfan