UAW stands up for it's workers

macattack

The bailout loan talks collapsed as a result of the UAW not agreeing to the severe wage cuts that the republican senators wanted eh?.......thank goodness! Who the hell do those southern rice-eaters think they are. Now is the time for all of us to stand together on this issue. Sure some sacrifice could be taken.....but they want to squeeze all of us out of the lives we worked for day in/day out. We now can only hope that the White House will act positively for the hundred of thousands of potential job losses that could occur. If this does happen we must stand together to accept at least for now some cuts that will occur as a result. BUT under no circumstances don't ever forget those in Washington that put all of us under the truck......remember,remember,remember each and everyone of them. I guess they have redefined the Mason-Dixon Line to us in the north and to that end we must make our goal to defeat each of them. For their day WILL come.

It's the damn legacy cost,period.. Wages are very comparable.

http://www.aftermarketnews.com/Item/28594/...s_struggle.aspx

The 'union threat effect'

Harley Shaiken, a professor at the University of California, Berkeley, who specializes in labor issues, said Toyota's high wages are somewhat expected.

"Toyota pays high wages in part to avoid the UAW," Shaiken said, adding that economists would refer to Toyota's high wages as the "union threat effect," meaning companies pay union-comparable wages to fend off organizing efforts and the risk of a strike.

"But what Toyota inadvertently shows," he added, "is that you can compete paying higher wages."

Assembly workers for Detroit automakers last year remained a bit ahead of Honda's U.S. hourly workers, who made an average $24.25 an hour, or $26.20 with the $4,485 bonus they received. In November, Honda paid bonuses for the 21st consecutive year, the longest streak in U.S. auto history, said Ed Miller, Honda spokesman.

Nissan workers are paid $24 an hour in Mississippi and $26 an hour in Tennessee, but company officials would not disclose employee bonuses.

Hyundai Motor Co. pays its U.S. production workers less than other automakers. Wages at its Alabama plant start at $14 an hour and grow to $21 an hour after two years on the job, according to a January 2004 company release. Hyundai declined to say whether those wages have increased since then.

But the UAW's Casteel, who is working to organize autoworkers in southern states, said the UAW's recruiting strategy of comparing union and nonunion checks doesn't work in less-developed parts of the South. In Alabama and Mississippi, for instance, the U.S. Department of Labor says wages average less than $11 an hour.

"If you start looking at where they put these plants, they go out to the most desolate places you've ever been in your life," Casteel, an Alabama native, said of foreign automakers. "And they make sure there are no other competitive wages with any other industry. You'll drive through these piney woods for an hour and all of a sudden you run upon this major manufacturing facility."

This explains it pretty good. http://bigthreeauto.procon.org/viewadditio...resourceID=2050

The New York Times, in a Dec. 9, 2008 article by David Leonhardt titled "$73 an Hour: Adding It Up," wrote:

"The calculations show, accurately enough, that for every hour a unionized worker puts in, one of the Big Three really does spend about $73 on compensation. So the number isn’t made up. But it is the combination of three very different categories.

The first category is simply cash payments, which is what many people imagine when they hear the word 'compensation.' It includes wages, overtime and vacation pay, and comes to about $40 an hour. (The numbers vary a bit by company and year. That’s why $73 is sometimes $70 or $77.)

The second category is fringe benefits, like health insurance and pensions. These benefits have real value, even if they don’t show up on a weekly paycheck. At the Big Three, the benefits amount to $15 an hour or so.

Add the two together, and you get the true hourly compensation of Detroit's unionized work force: roughly $55 an hour. It’s a little more than twice as much as the typical American worker makes, benefits included. The more relevant comparison, though, is probably to Honda’s or Toyota's (nonunionized) workers. They make in the neighborhood of $45 an hour, and most of the gap stems from their less generous benefits.

The third category is the cost of benefits for retirees. These are essentially fixed costs that have no relation to how many vehicles the companies make. But they are a real cost, so the companies add them into the mix -- dividing those costs by the total hours of the current work force, to get a figure of $15 or so -- and end up at roughly $70 an hour."

This explains it pretty good. http://bigthreeauto.procon.org/viewadditio...resourceID=2050

The New York Times, in a Dec. 9, 2008 article by David Leonhardt titled "$73 an Hour: Adding It Up," wrote:

"The calculations show, accurately enough, that for every hour a unionized worker puts in, one of the Big Three really does spend about $73 on compensation. So the number isn't made up. But it is the combination of three very different categories.

The first category is simply cash payments, which is what many people imagine when they hear the word 'compensation.' It includes wages, overtime and vacation pay, and comes to about $40 an hour. (The numbers vary a bit by company and year. That's why $73 is sometimes $70 or $77.)

The second category is fringe benefits, like health insurance and pensions. These benefits have real value, even if they don't show up on a weekly paycheck. At the Big Three, the benefits amount to $15 an hour or so.

Add the two together, and you get the true hourly compensation of Detroit's unionized work force: roughly $55 an hour. It's a little more than twice as much as the typical American worker makes, benefits included. The more relevant comparison, though, is probably to Honda's or Toyota's (nonunionized) workers. They make in the neighborhood of $45 an hour, and most of the gap stems from their less generous benefits.

The third category is the cost of benefits for retirees. These are essentially fixed costs that have no relation to how many vehicles the companies make. But they are a real cost, so the companies add them into the mix -- dividing those costs by the total hours of the current work force, to get a figure of $15 or so -- and end up at roughly $70 an hour."

ok, now do you get rid of all the retirees benefits that they earned while working? if you do then your no better than those non-union plants...right? the answer is no....because we as union workers don't abandon our fellow union workers like those in non-union shops would do in a second just to get more for themselves. that's the difference between us and them......and those hillbillies know it. we each WILL get our turn.

Last time I was here, we discussed this on another thread. The UAW has a bad name because the public sees how they fight for the drunks, awols and other losers who don't ever go to work. I even watched a drunk guy fall into a machine in the body shop- but he got his job back because he's related to one of the guys at the hall.

Stand up for people who go to work every day, not the relatives of the people who think their sh*t don't stink.

Last time I was here, we discussed this on another thread. The UAW has a bad name because the public sees how they fight for the drunks, awols and other losers who don't ever go to work. I even watched a drunk guy fall into a machine in the body shop- but he got his job back because he's related to one of the guys at the hall.

Stand up for people who go to work every day, not the relatives of the people who think their sh*t don't stink.

That's the attitude, start blaming the UAW........your politicians will love you.

ok, now do you get rid of all the retirees benefits that they earned while working? if you do then your no better than those non-union plants...right? the answer is no....because we as union workers don't abandon our fellow union workers like those in non-union shops would do in a second just to get more for themselves. that's the difference between us and them......and those hillbillies know it. we each WILL get our turn.

Honestly, this would be a good thing to come out of getting rid of the Union. After The Big 3 file bankruptcy, cause its coming, and get rid of the union, they should do an immediate drug test on everyone. I would almost bet that between 60 to 75 % of the workers at KTP would pop positive! Fire them along with all the awol scumbags and the lazy medical retards and then lets see what our hourly average wage is. Bash me all you want, but deep down you know its true! I have paid into the Union over $6,000 over my 10 yr period, and for what? Some dip shit to walk around maybe twice a week, if you're lucky, pass out some bs paper that doesn't mean shit and then go back to the local bar with all his other union leaches. I honestly hope we do file bankruptcy and get rid of the "union" I think it will be a better place in the long run. Screw you UAW!

Honestly, this would be a good thing to come out of getting rid of the Union. After The Big 3 file bankruptcy, cause its coming, and get rid of the union, they should do an immediate drug test on everyone. I would almost bet that between 60 to 75 % of the workers at KTP would pop positive! Fire them along with all the awol scumbags and the lazy medical retards and then lets see what our hourly average wage is. Bash me all you want, but deep down you know its true! I have paid into the Union over $6,000 over my 10 yr period, and for what? Some dip shit to walk around maybe twice a week, if you're lucky, pass out some bs paper that doesn't mean shit and then go back to the local bar with all his other union leaches. I honestly hope we do file bankruptcy and get rid of the "union" I think it will be a better place in the long run. Screw you UAW!

:redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard: first of you have no right to come on here and point fingers as to who does or uses anything period. second of all you ask what has the union done for you? how about that $28 dollar an hour wage? how about some of the best medical coverage for no expense to you? Do you think Ford just GAVE us these benifits? No the UAW fought for these. It's ungreatful idiots like you that make the picture look so bad for the rest of us.

I'm with you LAPQUALITY! That has to be about the dumbest post I have seen on here in a while, and on this site that is saying something. I don't know where you pulled that 60 to 75% drug test number from, but it must have been from out of your ass. Maybe you need to improve your social circle inside the plant, but a person that rags on the union like you do probably does not have too large of a pool to pull from. How much money do you think you would make if you did not have the union to fight for your rights? You need to remember that the union is people just like you and I. We vote them in, we can vote them out. Do you want some asshole politician from Alabama deciding how much money you are compensated for the work you do? Save the bashing for your doper friends you are sure to work around. I was a Group Leader at K.T.P for 10 years and never had one incident of one of my team members coming to work drunk or doped up.

you are either uninformed or a fool either way without the uaw your screwed. no good wages/benefits to raise your family and live your life and never retiring after putting in years of work. if you call that a life then go somewhere else and live & die that way because life's too short to never be able to enjoy the tail end of it for ourselves.

YOU ARE ONE STUPID MOTHER FUCKER! WHY DON'T YOU QUIT AND GO WORK FOR A TRANSPLANT! :finger:

You're an absolute idiot, you would almost bet because you are extremely exaggerating what you are saying, if you don't like your job, get out

YOU ARE ONE STUPID MOTHER FUCKER! WHY DON'T YOU QUIT AND GO WORK FOR A TRANSPLANT! :finger:

There is no way that that idiot is a UAW auto worker! I wish there was some way to get names off of this site...I would really like to know who that sack of sht is! (not you blue)

Edited by Captain723

Gee, it's so easy, just quit and go to work at a nonunion place.

As smart as you are I'd think you would get a minimum wage job easily.

Walmart is hiring.

looks like it's unnamious............go to a non-union shop and be done with it. you just don't fit in with us UAW workers. let's see you've paid $600 over 10yrs.=$50 per month and ALL you've gotten is: somewhere between $25/29 per hr.in direct pay,cola pay,vacation & paid personal time off,practically all medical/dental paid,a retirement to look forward to and paid bereavement. so if you show up and do your work and pay your $50 per month this IS ALL.....yea, the UAW sure has fucked you alright......time for you to leave. :finger:

The bailout loan talks collapsed as a result of the UAW not agreeing to the severe wage cuts that the republican senators wanted eh?.......thank goodness! Who the hell do those southern rice-eaters think they are. Now is the time for all of us to stand together on this issue. Sure some sacrifice could be taken.....but they want to squeeze all of us out of the lives we worked for day in/day out. We now can only hope that the White House will act positively for the hundred of thousands of potential job losses that could occur. If this does happen we must stand together to accept at least for now some cuts that will occur as a result. BUT under no circumstances don't ever forget those in Washington that put all of us under the truck......remember,remember,remember each and everyone of them. I guess they have redefined the Mason-Dixon Line to us in the north and to that end we must make our goal to defeat each of them. For their day WILL come.

Ron (Dirty Harry) Gettlefinger rides the elevator with Shelby and crew after the vote...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UznxI3Z4NU8

Honestly, you need to just shut your computer off and NEVER get on it again! Now is NOT the time to be bashing, especially in a public forum. People out there HATE YOU just as much as the ones you are trying to talk bad about, JUST AS MUCH! Don't you get it?!?!?! HATE!!!! You are a piece of SHIT TOO! In their eyes!!!

I agree with everyone else here; if you don't like your co-workers go hang out with Corker, Shelbly and the rest of those HYPOCRITS! If any one out there knows who KTP Veteran is WATCH OUT! He's working undercover for the GOP! You'll probably find him under one of their desks with sore jaw bones and

FUCK_YOU ! Take your 10yrs and quit dickskin!!! You ungrateful fuck ! Fucking snitch fuckstick rat motherfucker! "Deep down you know it's true"! Shut the fuck up bitch! That's what I know is true.

Unfortunately this is the truth. The hard working person that comes to work, shows up on time, gives a 100% and doesn't bitch much is the LAST person the union is going to stick up for. The constant AWOL, medical, drug abuser or alcohol abuser will get all the help they want!! The union reps will, fight tooth and nail and give up their first born if it would save one of these losers from getting fired but could give a damn about a hard working employee having a legitimate problem. Been at 2 different plants and it’s the same way at both of them, union taking up for the bad apples of the bunch. We had a guy at NAP go thru rehab 5 time!! Let me say that again 5 TIMES!! This guy had a driving job. Never lost his job or rating. One night he leaves the plant wasted off his ass, tried to beat a train at the intersection, didn’t make it, was pronounced dead at the scene. Alcohol level was twice the legal limit. His wife has a lawsuit with Ford right now. I’m sure I’ll get bashed for this but it’s the ugly truth, like it or not.

FUCK_YOU ! Take your 10yrs and quit dickskin!!! You ungrateful fuck ! Fucking snitch fuckstick rat motherfucker! "Deep down you know it's true"! Shut the fuck up bitch! That's what I know is true.

hey jerzey.........i like your post.........short and right to the point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banmolest: