2010 Mustang

ice-capades

• 1 month later...
Has '09 production stopped yet? :shrug:

I'm looking to pick up an '09 GT/CS with (hopefully) some big discounts as dealers make room for the 2010.

I doubt you'll encounter difficulty locating an '09 GT/CS in dealer inventory. Final orders for the 2009 MY Mustang were due Nov. 14, 2008.

...Final orders for the 2009 MY Mustang were due Nov. 14, 2008.
Guys, thanks for the info. :beerchug:

So it sounds like dealers will be getting few (if any) additional '09s into their inventory over the next month?

I've already located a couple of '09s, but I'm holding out for better incentives. Right now the rebate is "only" $500 on '09 Mustangs...and $2,000 on '08s. I guess what I really need to do is find a new '08 GT/CS somewhere...

Guys, thanks for the info. :beerchug:

So it sounds like dealers will be getting few (if any) additional '09s into their inventory over the next month?

I've already located a couple of '09s, but I'm holding out for better incentives. Right now the rebate is "only" $500 on '09 Mustangs...and $2,000 on '08s. I guess what I really need to do is find a new '08 GT/CS somewhere...

Yeah, at this point it's pretty safe to say that what you see is what you get as far as '09's. If there are any GT/CS's left around, I doubt the discounts will get any bigger for them until '10's start hitting the lots.

I'm trying to locate the following:

Mustang GT Coupe - Premium

Performance White

Manual Transmission

California Special Pkg

3.55s and spoiler delete would be nice!

Anyone know a decent way to locate a car this specific? Ford's website leaves a lot to be desired. It took me almost half an hour just to figure out that none of the 5 local dealers have what I'm looking for. :banghead:

I'm trying to locate the following:

Mustang GT Coupe - Premium

Performance White

Manual Transmission

California Special Pkg

3.55s and spoiler delete would be nice!

Anyone know a decent way to locate a car this specific? Ford's website leaves a lot to be desired. It took me almost half an hour just to figure out that none of the 5 local dealers have what I'm looking for. :banghead:

Get a dealer to do a search for you - only takes them a few minutes to check several states. Or use the Ford website to have them do a national search for you.

Production on the 2009 MY Mustang's ended last month. Based on the recent sales reports, Mustang sales were way off (50%) last month which I don't think is that surprising. There's a lot of Mustang inventory still in stock that Dealers need to sell off before they start buying the 2010 Mustang in quantity. If inventory remains high, it's even possible that Ford could push back production of the 2010 Mustang even further. The car is in the last year of its' body style and Mustang enthusiasts know that and are waiting for the all-new 2010 MY Mustang.

Ford's extended the "Employee Pricing PLU$" promotion until February 2nd so anyone looking to buy a 2008 or 2009 Mustang should take advantage of the savings now. It's possible that incentives may increase on 2009 Mustang's at some point but that will depend on Dealer inventory levels. There certainly won't be incentives on the 2010 Mustang when it's introduced!

Where do you live?

About 2,000 miles away from Galpin. :o

Hey, for the right price I'd go out there. From their on-line inventory, it doesn't appear they have what I'm looking for. I wish dealers would put a link to the window sticker of every car in their inventory. That would make it a lot easier for a search like mine where I'm looking for specific options. There are some dealers out there with horrible websites...and Ford's website isn't much better. :banghead:

About 2,000 miles away from Galpin. :o

Hey, for the right price I'd go out there. From their on-line inventory, it doesn't appear they have what I'm looking for. I wish dealers would put a link to the window sticker of every car in their inventory. That would make it a lot easier for a search like mine where I'm looking for specific options. There are some dealers out there with horrible websites...and Ford's website isn't much better. :banghead:

Ford's Web site does show the window stickers, no?

When you do a vehicle search at fordvehicles.com, it only shows you the best matches of the 5 dealers nearest the zip code you enter. So if you search for a GT convertible, it may only show you a 6 cylinder coupe if that's the closest match it can find at local dealers. The perfect match could be 50 miles away at another dealer, but you won't find that out through Ford's website (unless you keep repeating the same search with different zip codes).

Cars.com actually has a pretty decent search. You can search new inventory based on make, model, price range, keywords, and any distance from your zip code.

Well...so much for finding a low-option leftover '08 GT/CS. I did find 4 cars that fit my requirements (thanks to the help of a Ford dealer I don't even know who is 500+ miles away!)

If there's an '08 GT/CS still sitting around, it's there for a reason. All the cars I located had one thing in common: they were loaded up with big $$ options that I don't care about - heated seats, Shaker 1000, HIDs, etc. That pretty much wipes out the savings from the $2,000 '08 rebate.

I'd be better off buying a lower option '09 and taking the $500 rebate. And as it happens, there's one within 50 miles of me. Hmmm... :unsure:

Well...so much for finding a low-option leftover '08 GT/CS. I did find 4 cars that fit my requirements (thanks to the help of a Ford dealer I don't even know who is 500+ miles away!)

If there's an '08 GT/CS still sitting around, it's there for a reason. All the cars I located had one thing in common: they were loaded up with big $$ options that I don't care about - heated seats, Shaker 1000, HIDs, etc. That pretty much wipes out the savings from the $2,000 '08 rebate.

I'd be better off buying a lower option '09 and taking the $500 rebate. And as it happens, there's one within 50 miles of me. Hmmm... :unsure:

Hope you end up finding one you are happy with, even if it's not the exact car you were originally looking for. :yup:

Top_Fuel...

I don't know where you're located as you have no information included in your BON profile but I'll provide the following information in an attempt to help you in finding a Mustang GT/CS that meets your specifications and budget. My Connecticut (CT) Dealership has the following unit in stock.

2009 Mustang GT Premium Coupe

Vapor Silver

Black w/Dove Accent Leather

5-Speed Manual Transmission

GT Security Package

3.55 Ratio Limited Slip Axle

GT California Special

MSRP = $31,740

If this is a vehicle that meets your specifications, send me your e-mail address so that I can send you the vehicle photos and Ford invoice. I have no doubt that the Dealer Principal will agree to sell the vehicle at Dealer Invoice less whatever rebates you qualify for based on residency. The Dealer Principal knows that I am active on the BON Message Forums and gives me liberties in trying to help Ford enthusiasts get the vehicles they're looking for even if it means helping them get a deal at a Dealer closer to them.

If this is a vehicle that meets your specifications, send me your e-mail address so that I can send you the vehicle photos and Ford invoice. I have no doubt that the Dealer Principal will agree to sell the vehicle at Dealer Invoice less whatever rebates you qualify for based on residency. The Dealer Principal knows that I am active on the BON Message Forums and gives me liberties in trying to help Ford enthusiasts get the vehicles they're looking for even if it means helping them get a deal at a Dealer closer to them.

Sounds like a great dealership! Ford could use more of them like that. I think they need to realize that they are all in it together. If one dealership fails, theirs could very well be the next to do so.

Sounds like a great dealership! Ford could use more of them like that. I think they need to realize that they are all in it together. If one dealership fails, theirs could very well be the next to do so.

Nick...

Thanks for your positive comments which are greatly appreciated! My boss, the Dealer Principal, started in the business 35+ years ago and worked his way up until he was offered a Dealership of his own when a retiring Dealer Principal asked Ford to offer him his franchise and location. Ford made the offer to him and he somehow came up with the franchise fee within the 48 hour deadline. That was in 1979 when Ford was in worse condition than Chrysler was when they got their bailout loan from the government thanks to Lee Iacocca. My boss struggled for years because of Ford's product quality and got to a point of going out to buy a BMW to drive because Ford's product quality was so bad. Just imagine the reaction of a relatively new Ford Dealer driving a BMW because your own product quality is so bad.

A few years later Bob started advertising new Ford Thunderbirds for only $8,888 and sales exploded to the point where the Dealership became one of the top 5 Thunderbird dealearships in the country. The Dealersip got branded as "BIRDLAND" and was a huge success to the point of Don Imus giving away a 1957 Ford Thunderbird as part of an exclusive promotion with the "Imus in the Morning" program and WNBC.

I worked in the entertainment business for 15 years and never would have thought that I'd end up spending 23 years working for a Ford Dealership owner. I run our in-house advertising agency for my boss' companies... automotive and non-automotive and have never been happier career wise. We do whatever we have to in order to meet our customer's expectations and usually exceed them. We work as a team with all departments and do whatever we have to in order to achieve positive results for both the Dealership and customer alike.

Thanks for the offer, ice-capades. I really appreciate it. :beerchug:

I was dreading having to contact a dealer for help...but eventually I did and have been blown away by their helpful response. My contact has run a few queries for me on a number of strange 2008 Mustang combinations, with absolutely no pressure. Let me say that it's extremely refreshing to have a positive experience at the dealership sales level! :D

The bottom line is that the $2,000 rebates on remaining '08 models are offset by all the options loaded onto the cars I'm finding. Fortunately, I found a near perfect match 2009 within an hour of my house. It's at one of those "monster-sized" dealers I swore I'd never buy from ...but I may have to make an exception. :lol:

It's at one of those "monster-sized" dealers I swore I'd never buy from ...but I may have to make an exception. :lol:

I've found that shopping at those mega-dealers isn't really the bad part. It's the service departments that tend to stink, as you're just another number to them. So, buy the car at the mega-dealer and then take it in for service at your favorite local place. Has worked for me. :)

Thanks for the offer, ice-capades. I really appreciate it. :beerchug:

I was dreading having to contact a dealer for help...but eventually I did and have been blown away by their helpful response. My contact has run a few queries for me on a number of strange 2008 Mustang combinations, with absolutely no pressure. Let me say that it's extremely refreshing to have a positive experience at the dealership sales level! :D

The bottom line is that the $2,000 rebates on remaining '08 models are offset by all the options loaded onto the cars I'm finding. Fortunately, I found a near perfect match 2009 within an hour of my house. It's at one of those "monster-sized" dealers I swore I'd never buy from ...but I may have to make an exception. :lol:

I'm with Nick on this. Go ahead and buy from the mega dealer. Nothing says you have to go back to them for service.

Of course, as Pioneer said, you could have your local dealer do a DX on it. However, nothing says that the mega dealer will trade with your local one.

One last thought. Based on the market, you may actually be able to talk the mega dealer into some additional savings. Just a thought.

Good luck!