4-10's are all plants doing this?

megirldeth

At KTP body and paint are on 5-8's I believe and the rest of the plant on 4-10's. I work in chassis and we are going to 5-10's when we go back in Feburary supposedly for a few weeks then to 5-10's. They say this is only temporary and the problem will be fixed soon so we can go back to 4-10's. Management and the union say that 4-10's is cheaper and at our plant, 5-8's cost $2 million more per week in operating cost.

4 - 10's would require me to hire a babysitter for 9 months of the year so while it may save Ford $, it would cost me a fortune. Plus, it would take me 3 times as long to get home in rush hour traffic.

i feel ya on the babysitting, but why 9 months a year?.....and im pretty sure ford dont give a fuck about how long it takes us to get home. i go from indiana to KTP at 5pm and its a mess

i feel ya on the babysitting, but why 9 months a year?.....and im pretty sure ford dont give a fuck about how long it takes us to get home. i go from indiana to KTP at 5pm and its a mess

We are doing the 4-10's here at Lima Engine. Those of us on the 4-10 work schedule on the afternoon shift are getting screwed out of money by it. Example: We went into work on Monday November the 3rd, start time is 3:00PM and worked a 10 hour shift, until 2:00AM. We did not recieve double time for working past mid-night, into a contractual holiday. Labor Relations is saying that now we don't get any form of premium time until we work more that 10 hours, or more than 40 hours a week.Our Local has done nothing to try to fix this problem, when asked about it, the standard reply is, "It's up north", meaning that international is resolving it. Local management, since this only effects the afternoon shift, is now pitting the day shift against the afternoon shift and our local has done nothing to attempt to stop that either.

We were also told that when we went to the 4-10 schedule that ANY work done on Friday would all be overtime, working on a Friday IS just like working on a Saturday. Well, when you work a 5-8 schedule and work past mid-night on a Friday night, that is Saturday, hence it is overtime. Now, when we are on the 4-10 schedule and work past mid-night on Thurday, into Friday, we don't get our overtime premium. How is this if working a Friday is EXACTLY the same as working a Saturday. Labor Relations again says that those 2 hours are apart of our normally scheduled work week and we only make overtime after 10 hours per day. Here again, our local has done NOTHING and we get the "It's up north" response.

As nice as a 4 day work week sounds, if you get to vote on it, vote "NO"!!!!!! They will use it to screw you out of some of your contractual rights per the international agreement. Not only that, one tends to wonder, how it is that our local union and management now have the authority to bargain wages.......

We are doing the 4-10's here at Lima Engine. Those of us on the 4-10 work schedule on the afternoon shift are getting screwed out of money by it. Example: We went into work on Monday November the 3rd, start time is 3:00PM and worked a 10 hour shift, until 2:00AM. We did not recieve double time for working past mid-night, into a contractual holiday. Labor Relations is saying that now we don't get any form of premium time until we work more that 10 hours, or more than 40 hours a week.Our Local has done nothing to try to fix this problem, when asked about it, the standard reply is, "It's up north", meaning that international is resolving it. Local management, since this only effects the afternoon shift, is now pitting the day shift against the afternoon shift and our local has done nothing to attempt to stop that either.

We were also told that when we went to the 4-10 schedule that ANY work done on Friday would all be overtime, working on a Friday IS just like working on a Saturday. Well, when you work a 5-8 schedule and work past mid-night on a Friday night, that is Saturday, hence it is overtime. Now, when we are on the 4-10 schedule and work past mid-night on Thurday, into Friday, we don't get our overtime premium. How is this if working a Friday is EXACTLY the same as working a Saturday. Labor Relations again says that those 2 hours are apart of our normally scheduled work week and we only make overtime after 10 hours per day. Here again, our local has done NOTHING and we get the "It's up north" response.

As nice as a 4 day work week sounds, if you get to vote on it, vote "NO"!!!!!! They will use it to screw you out of some of your contractual rights per the international agreement. Not only that, one tends to wonder, how it is that our local union and management now have the authority to bargain wages.......

I would go through the chain of command, even at DTP we reicieved double time for hours worked into the actual holiday. Hell they went as far when we where on C-Crew to pay us double time that we would have been elgible for even the times we worked sunday on dayshift( sunday was a normal afternoon day).

I will say however though the working into a friday unless it is a holiday or you have already worked more than 40 hours will not be overtime. Thats the main catch with 4-10's , you dont get paid overtime premiums untill you reach your 40 hours for the week.

Now back to Holiday pay premiums.

Dont let that rest bro go through the proper channels but do not let that shit go. If you work past midnight the night of a holiday you are entitled double time for any time you work past midnight.

Edited by lquidspine

I wish we had kept voting it down....I am not gonna like it....sure you get an extra day off but after 10 hours and the drive home you will not see your family til friday when you get up from being dead tired from 10 hour days.

You will get used to it. Its really not that bad unless your on nights, then it does make it hard to see your family.

I wish we had kept voting it down....I am not gonna like it....sure you get an extra day off but after 10 hours and the drive home you will not see your family til friday when you get up from being dead tired from 10 hour days.

You must be from Chicago. I wouldn't worry as much as they change their minds there.

We went on 4x10 at LEP in 2008 and I and everyone I work with love it. Great for the family also and great for my part time contracting work on Friday's now also. Thank you Ford Motor Company !!

You must be on day shift and not getting screwed out of your holiday premiums. This is just one more way that they're taking away a little piece here and a little piece there. If we were working the 4-10's and the company were actually living up to their end of the international agreement, it would be great. I would like to go back to a traditional 5-8's simply because the company is getting away with not honoring the contract, a little sacrafice to defend OUR contractual rights, it's worth it to me.

4 10's is wonderful..IF you're on days. If not, it sucks. C crew in particular, I firmly believe, was the spawn of a tryst between Bill Ford and Satan.

:banghead: C crew was difficult for me, especially trying to get to bed on Thursday night. 2 maybe 3 hours sleep, and getting up at 4:30am to start at 6am. The best of C crew was being able to do things during the days off and not fighting crowds that I meet on weekends. Never had to kick out my friends at night when they came over, since they knew when they needed to go home, since they had to work.

4 10's is wonderful..IF you're on days. If not, it sucks. C crew in particular, I firmly believe, was the spawn of a tryst between Bill Ford and Satan.

I always thought that would have been one of the better shifts, especially for the middle seniority that couldn't hold days. Of course, trades never followed that shift pattern so it wouldn't have applied to me anyway.

I always thought that would have been one of the better shifts, especially for the middle seniority that couldn't hold days. Of course, trades never followed that shift pattern so it wouldn't have applied to me anyway.

If you don't have kids, and if your spouse doesn't work weekends, and you don't mind having your Sunday schedule jacked around every time there is a holiday or some stupid ass football game, and you don't mind having your sub pay fucked up after a down week, and if you don't mind having to sleep away part of your weekend (Tuesday)..sure, C crew is peachy.

I cannot believe all these pathetic posts. ford is fighting for survival and all you people care about is how 4 tens are going to discomfort you. Ford has a great line up of cars and quality but the economy is very weak. people are losing their homes and jobs, and becoming homeless. we need to work harder than ever to exist. here in chicago we are building the lincoln mks and preparing the launch of the new taurus. If quality does not improve quickly, chicago assembly will close and a different plant will build these vehicles. so you people please get the lead out of your ass. I hate to say this, but we can all end up in the streets.

homeless_06.jpg

I cannot believe all these pathetic posts. ford is fighting for survival and all you people care about is how 4 tens are going to discomfort you. Ford has a great line up of cars and quality but the economy is very weak. people are losing their homes and jobs, and becoming homeless. we need to work harder than ever to exist. here in chicago we are building the lincoln mks and preparing the launch of the new taurus. If quality does not improve quickly, chicago assembly will close and a different plant will build these vehicles. so you people please get the lead out of your ass. I hate to say this, but we can all end up in the streets.

homeless_06.jpg

homeless_06.jpg

The cars have to sell or we're in trouble. I believe the 09 Taurus will. Whether we like 4-10's or not we're still going to work them but we still have the right to express our opinions. If you don't like them don't read them.