Autoworkers Union Keeps $6 Million Golf Course for Members at $33 Million Lakeside Retreat

iuW9ofDcA9kfRu

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's this got to do with the auto companies and their problems......??? the article coming from fox has it's own agenda but what does it mean to the auto companies???..........

Edited by macattack

Did the UAW get a bail out ? HELL NO. SO WHY DON"T YOU START SHIT SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!! FUCKER

No they did not get a bailout, but they sure are quick to give up everything we have. Etap, legal services and jobs, but when it comes to golf clubs and vegas trips these greedy fuckers wont give up shit so go fuck yourself.

what's this got to do with the auto companies and their problems......??? the article coming from fox has it's own agenda but what does it mean to the auto companies???..........

fox news might as well be called GOP news. FUCK them... they laugh at the working man only the rich bankers should be able to get bailout money and loans!

Edited by fordworker

No they did not get a bailout, but they sure are quick to give up everything we have. Etap, legal services and jobs, but when it comes to golf clubs and vegas trips these greedy fuckers wont give up shit so go fuck yourself.

This has nothing to do with Ford....but a few facts for arguments sake:

1. You all "own" this...it is your union

2. It has not "lost"money "technically".....it is paid for with the interest earned on the strike fund.

3. Your union would love to sell the golf course...but there are no buyers...after all...who would buy a golf course that is not profitable as a free standing course.

4. It is not a private course...open to the public

5. The lodge is not exclusive for UAW leaders....members courses are offered and taught there...as well as many community and interfaith groups using it...along with other unions.

6. Our ever burning flame memorial to Walter Reuther is located there

7. Your union has not asked for a bailout or a loan.

You are entitled to your opinions....but be a little educated on the subject first.........

No I think I'll stay right here and start shit! DICKHEAD!!!!

Your a asshole! All your posts are anti-union. I bet you have been a asshole your whole life haven't ya. What is it with you? you come onto this site and bitch and moan about the u.a.w. but if i had to guess, your one of the pieces of shit that take up 90% of your committeeman's time. If the u.a.w. pisses you off so bad brother why don't you stand up and be a man and leave for a non-union job you piece of shit! But you won't, cause deep down, if it wasn't for your union, you ass probably would have been fired years ago. You see, in a non-union job, you can actually get fired for being a asshole! And Buddy, YOU QUALIFY!

You remind me of those big mouth little PUNKS that hang out with big guys. You run your mouth while hiding behind someone. BITCH! That's what your doing right now by running your mouth about the u.a.w. but accepting all the benefits the u.a.w. provides you. If your not a u.a.w. member, get the hell off this site you scumbag piece of shit.

Your a asshole! All your posts are anti-union. I bet you have been a asshole your whole life haven't ya. What is it with you? you come onto this site and bitch and moan about the u.a.w. but if i had to guess, your one of the pieces of shit that take up 90% of your committeeman's time. If the u.a.w. pisses you off so bad brother why don't you stand up and be a man and leave for a non-union job you piece of shit! But you won't, cause deep down, if it wasn't for your union, you ass probably would have been fired years ago. You see, in a non-union job, you can actually get fired for being a asshole! And Buddy, YOU QUALIFY!

You remind me of those big mouth little PUNKS that hang out with big guys. You run your mouth while hiding behind someone. BITCH! That's what your doing right now by running your mouth about the u.a.w. but accepting all the benefits the u.a.w. provides you. If your not a u.a.w. member, get the hell off this site you scumbag piece of shit.

Don't be holding back none, Steve... tell him how you really feel! Why anyone would want to take a classic example of Faux News writing a self-serving bigoted piece and present it here for any type of worthy discussion is worrisome. What meaning does that article have in the D2 loan issue? The only subject this article is related to is union-busting, plain and simple. Why the first paragraph states that 'the union isn't out of the bunker just yet.' This is just a prelude to what Faux is going to do when card check comes up next year. A call of 'let's boil the oil to throw on the UAW' is all this is. You did notice that this article wasn't signed by the writer? You did notice this article used Justin Wilson, managing director of the Center for Union Facts, as it's main source of info? You did notice the total lack of any balance with facts as to how Black Lake has trained thousands of union minded people? The only meaningful info I got from this article is that Wilson probably has a huge stake in Ramada Inn.

You are defending unions and union members, and then telling a brother that if it wasn't for the union he would have been fired. Aren't you arguing against yourself? You think that he should be fired, but because of the union, he can't be. Are you for the union or against it?

No I think I'll stay right here and start shit! DICKHEAD!!!!

Proud to be a dickhead been one my whole life. Why aren't you bitching about the lavish spa vacations that AIG higher ups got with your bail out tax money? Why are you not bitching about all the banks money that no one knows where it going? Instead YOU want put subjects on here that we already know about So what. Go to G.E.'s site and bitch about them polluting the East river in NY and covering it up and not cleaning it up. C'mon Betty Crocker you little CUM BURPER.

You are defending unions and union members, and then telling a brother that if it wasn't for the union he would have been fired. Aren't you arguing against yourself? You think that he should be fired, but because of the union, he can't be. Are you for the union or against it?

What i was saying is this.... Just listening to this persons posts, it obvious he hates the u.a.w. If that's the case, why don't he stand up for what he believes in? Be a man and quit. Go to a non-union shop and work. I find it hypocritical for someone to bitch and moan about the u.a.w. but gladly accept all the benefits that come from being a member.

As far as him being fired, i am a committeeman and i have seen people that break the rules and abuse the system. As a committeeman, it is NOT my job to get people out of trouble. My job is to make sure these peoples rights are not violated. Having said that, i will fight tooth and nail to help everybody once. Everyone makes mistakes. If someone i represent screws up, i ask the company to let me talk to that person first and explain where they went wrong. I also tell the company that if after i have talked to this person, they continue to break the rules, then do what they have to do.

No matter what line of work you are in you will always find people who want to break the rules, abuse the system, not pull their weight, etc. Where i believe some elected officials go wrong is constantly bailing these people out and becoming their "crutch" all in the name of getting their vote next term. I don't play that. If that means i will be a one term committeeman, so be it. At least i can look in the mirror when it's all said and done and know i didn't go against all i believe in just for the sake of a vote.

This guy sounds just like the type of person i have described. He sounds as if he breaks the rules on a constant basis and when his committeeman can't get if off the hook scott free, he bad mouths him and the entire union.

If that's not the case, he shouldn't be so freaking stupid as to get on this site and bad mouth the u.a.w. considering the bullshit we are up against right now. We have more than enough misinformed people out there willing to bad mouth the U.A.W..

Lastly, let me ask you a question. If you owned a home that you paid 2 million for and you were still able to make the payments for, would you sell it today for 1.1 million? Why not wait until the market comes back before you try to sell instead of taking such a huge loss if you are managing to still make the payments? if i'm not mistaken, the U.A.W. has looked into selling this. The problem is the location. It's in the middle of nowhere and there aren't enough people in the surrounding areas that can afford to play on a consistant basis. Who is gonna buy it?

They should sell, and put the money aside in the event that members need it.

since when you think the UAW gives a fuck about thier people? had a friend that was going thru some crazy shit about cutting a job out and getting put on medical, unicare denied him, workers comp gave some bullshit excuse and he went for 14 weeks without pay....drained ALL his savings, is a single parent and was about to have his car repo'd and his electric cut off. ford kept telling him that someone was supposed to pay him but they didnt kno who. do you think the UAW offered the person a little money to hold him over......NOPE. so, his power got cut off, and he got behind on his house payment....ford or unicare still owes about 6 grand to be even

What i was saying is this.... Just listening to this persons posts, it obvious he hates the u.a.w. If that's the case, why don't he stand up for what he believes in? Be a man and quit. Go to a non-union shop and work. I find it hypocritical for someone to bitch and moan about the u.a.w. but gladly accept all the benefits that come from being a member.

As far as him being fired, i am a committeeman and i have seen people that break the rules and abuse the system. As a committeeman, it is NOT my job to get people out of trouble. My job is to make sure these peoples rights are not violated. Having said that, i will fight tooth and nail to help everybody once. Everyone makes mistakes. If someone i represent screws up, i ask the company to let me talk to that person first and explain where they went wrong. I also tell the company that if after i have talked to this person, they continue to break the rules, then do what they have to do.

No matter what line of work you are in you will always find people who want to break the rules, abuse the system, not pull their weight, etc. Where i believe some elected officials go wrong is constantly bailing these people out and becoming their "crutch" all in the name of getting their vote next term. I don't play that. If that means i will be a one term committeeman, so be it. At least i can look in the mirror when it's all said and done and know i didn't go against all i believe in just for the sake of a vote.

This guy sounds just like the type of person i have described. He sounds as if he breaks the rules on a constant basis and when his committeeman can't get if off the hook scott free, he bad mouths him and the entire union.

If that's not the case, he shouldn't be so freaking stupid as to get on this site and bad mouth the u.a.w. considering the bullshit we are up against right now. We have more than enough misinformed people out there willing to bad mouth the U.A.W..

Lastly, let me ask you a question. If you owned a home that you paid 2 million for and you were still able to make the payments for, would you sell it today for 1.1 million? Why not wait until the market comes back before you try to sell instead of taking such a huge loss if you are managing to still make the payments? if i'm not mistaken, the U.A.W. has looked into selling this. The problem is the location. It's in the middle of nowhere and there aren't enough people in the surrounding areas that can afford to play on a consistant basis. Who is gonna buy it?

well, ive been a UAW member for 16 years and i can truthfully say that the UAW is worthless. i think they mean good, but they cant do good. we work for ford motor company....bottom line. they are gonna do what they want, when they want and no one can do a fucking thing about it. i have NEVER been paid a grievance in 16 years of service. committemen are glorified secretaries, nothing more, but much less.

well, ive been a UAW member for 16 years and i can truthfully say that the UAW is worthless. i think they mean good, but they cant do good. we work for ford motor company....bottom line. they are gonna do what they want, when they want and no one can do a fucking thing about it. i have NEVER been paid a grievance in 16 years of service. committemen are glorified secretaries, nothing more, but much less.

But you will gladly accept what the u.a.w. offers you wont you. What, your not a big enough person to admit that the job you do is most likely easier than it once was due to the u.a.w. fighting to make these jobs more ergonomically correct? How was that Christmas bonus the u.a.w. fought for work out for ya this year? Considering you have at least 16 years seniority, did you enjoy your 120 hrs. of vacation that the u.a.w. has gotten you? Oh wait a minute, I'm sure the company would have given you that much vacation anyway seeing as how they care about you so much more than your union does. How about the signing bonus you received last contract? what did you use that for? Not to mention the profit sharing checks you have received. Did the company give you that because they really really like you? I could go on and on, but it would be a waste of time with you. You already have your mind made up, in your opinion the u.a.w. is worthless because you haven't had a grievance paid off in your 16 years of service. Maybe, Just maybe they didn't have merit. But if they did and IF your committeeman messed up, do something about it. Step up to the plate and run for the position or convince someone you trust to run. Wait, strike that last sentence.....it's so much easier to sit back and MF people than to actually do something about it.

Seeing as how you think the u.a.w. is worthless, if there ever comes a time that you are accused of breaking a company rule, all you need to do is check that little box that states you waive your rights to union representation brother. Your a hypocrite... the only problem is your not man enough to admit it.

But you will gladly accept what the u.a.w. offers you wont you. What, your not a big enough person to admit that the job you do is most likely easier than it once was due to the u.a.w. fighting to make these jobs more ergonomically correct? How was that Christmas bonus the u.a.w. fought for work out for ya this year? Considering you have at least 16 years seniority, did you enjoy your 120 hrs. of vacation that the u.a.w. has gotten you? Oh wait a minute, I'm sure the company would have given you that much vacation anyway seeing as how they care about you so much more than your union does. How about the signing bonus you received last contract? what did you use that for? Not to mention the profit sharing checks you have received. Did the company give you that because they really really like you? I could go on and on, but it would be a waste of time with you. You already have your mind made up, in your opinion the u.a.w. is worthless because you haven't had a grievance paid off in your 16 years of service. Maybe, Just maybe they didn't have merit. But if they did and IF your committeeman messed up, do something about it. Step up to the plate and run for the position or convince someone you trust to run. Wait, strike that last sentence.....it's so much easier to sit back and MF people than to actually do something about it.

Seeing as how you think the u.a.w. is worthless, if there ever comes a time that you are accused of breaking a company rule, all you need to do is check that little box that states you waive your rights to union representation brother. Your a hypocrite... the only problem is your not man enough to admit it.

Of course he'll gladly accept it, all the while bad mouthing them--your right WHAT A HYPOCRITE!