gps units

I just bought a Garmin Nuvi 750....works great. Connects to I pod. Will talk thru my speakers, etc....if I can figure out how to make it do all that. My main requirement was for wide 4.3" screen and for it to use voice commands and say street names, which this one does. They are still on sale at samsclub.com for $198 plus tax and shipping. I think that is a good deal. Whichever brand you get, I think you need to go high enough up the model list to get a wide screen and one that says street names.

Edited by Ralph Greene

I just use AT&T Navigator on my Blackberry. Haven't tried it out in a car with Bluetooth to see how well it integrates, but it has never gotten me lost -- assuming it gets a GPS signal. I'm sure it's not quite as good as the in-dash or plug-in units like Garmin or Tom-Tom, but it's definitely mobile and I almost always have it with me. It does eat the battery like heck though if I don't have my power adapter.

I just use AT&T Navigator on my Blackberry. Haven't tried it out in a car with Bluetooth to see how well it integrates, but it has never gotten me lost -- assuming it gets a GPS signal. I'm sure it's not quite as good as the in-dash or plug-in units like Garmin or Tom-Tom, but it's definitely mobile and I almost always have it with me. It does eat the battery like heck though if I don't have my power adapter.

My son uses one on his I phone. it works fine for him.

BTW....You can now get them for bicycles also. But aren't as accurate MPH wise as the wireless speedometers currently available.

Ah, I hear you. I also frequently use Google Maps Mobile on my Blackberry as well. Tele Atlas provides the maps for Google and for TomTom, so it's the same high level of quality on both services, in terms of accuracy.

Just got the Garmin 755T. I have not used it much yet.

I had still been using a Garmin GPS V beofre that. I still wil use that for a handheld for hiking and such. I have not used ANY other unit that has outperformed the old GPS V in a tree canopy area.

The Garmin 755 T is an amazing unit....especially if you live in an area where it's features can be used.

bought myself a Black Friday Garmin 205 for $119 at Best Buy this year.

Works great for me. Loses the signal very quick in parking garages and it got confused in San Francisco when i was there this year but that was downtown, so i kinda give it slack there.

Worked great in Boise the following week.

Worked great today going out to San Bernardino to a salvage yard and so far everywhere in LA its been fine.

Anyone had experience with a Garmin and a TomTom and can give any insight on which one they like better? Like I said, I've been pretty satisfied with my ONE 130S (was fantastic on my New Years' trip up to New York) but I'd like to hear the thoughts of someone who has experienced both sides.