2010 Escape

GenX

i can't find anything on the 2010 escape . any changes ?? since the body and then the trans last year what is next ?? new wheels and more cup holders ?? :shrug:

I'd be interested in seeing what they look like myself. We have a 2004 Escape that my wife is getting ready to trade in. she hasn't decided what she is going to get but is leaning towards a Jeep Liberty.

She had actually been looking at a Nissan Xtera and Toyota Rav4 but in her own words" I just wouldn't feel right buying an import the things are right now".

I'd be interested in seeing what they look like myself. We have a 2004 Escape that my wife is getting ready to trade in. she hasn't decided what she is going to get but is leaning towards a Jeep Liberty.

She had actually been looking at a Nissan Xtera and Toyota Rav4 but in her own words" I just wouldn't feel right buying an import the things are right now".

the new escape are so much better than the 2004 , it's almost a new car all together . ask your wife to test drive the 2009 model (new trans + 30 more Hp) , she will love it .

i'm waiting to get one myself , i just need to know how big the changes in the 2010 model if any .

the new escape are so much better than the 2004 , it's almost a new car all together . ask your wife to test drive the 2009 model (new trans + 30 more Hp) , she will love it .

i'm waiting to get one myself , i just need to know how big the changes in the 2010 model if any .

Since the engines for 09 are different than 08, I doubt if they get the new EcoBoost design in 2010.

I'd like her to test drive the Escape, the one we have has been a really good vehicle. No complaints from my end except that I wish the steering wheel would adjust up and down a bit more and slide in and out.

I try to stay out of her car buying on the hopes that she stays out of mine..

I'd like her to test drive the Escape, the one we have has been a really good vehicle. No complaints from my end except that I wish the steering wheel would adjust up and down a bit more and slide in and out.

I try to stay out of her car buying on the hopes that she stays out of mine..

Yeah, we bought a 09 Escape Limited 4WD with the 3.0 V6 in September. It ROCKS!!! The mpg is BETTER than the sticker says most of the time. Under acceleration the motor makes a beautiful growl and the 6-speed auto is very intuitive. Always in the right gear.

probably not to many changes for 10' the hybrid might get the smaller and lighter batteries from the fusion.

other then that probably just a few mild changes, like BLIS and a sony sound system. also the built-in convex mirrors.

The '10 hybrid should get the Fusion/Milan's digital instrument panel as well as the return of 4 wheel disc brakes.

the disk brakes ?? i don't understand why isn't on all wheels .

and another thing ,

what do you guys think if the escape was an inch or two lower .

the body is so high .Ground clearance (8.4")

check these photos of a lower escape .

post-34895-1230996975_thumb.jpg

post-34895-1230996981_thumb.jpg

Edited by GenX

the disk brakes ?? i don't understand why isn't on all wheels .

and another thing ,

what do you guys think if the escape was an inch or two lower .

the body is so high .Ground clearance (8.4")

check these photos of a lower escape .

Not sure about the others but I like the higher clearance on the Escape. I have never understood having an SUV with low ground clearance but that is just my opinion.

Not sure about the others but I like the higher clearance on the Escape. I have never understood having an SUV with low ground clearance but that is just my opinion.

I agree GL, one reason I bought my FEH was for the higher clearance for visibility and ground clearance in flood areas after hurricanes and heavy rains here in Florida. It also may hurt MPG by lowering it because it was set-up in wind tunnel test at its present height. Crash test were also done at the stock height, and I wouldn't want to lower its present safety rating of 5 stars. The ride would also change and I wouldn't want to change all this and lower resale value for cool looks.

i can't find anything on the 2010 escape . any changes ?? since the body and then the trans last year what is next ?? new wheels and more cup holders ?? :shrug:

My money is on providing a red exterior color for the hybrid models. For '09, there were two different colors of black available, but not red, for the hybrid models.

A nice green. Never liked the bright green, nor sage. A nice hunter green maybe.......Doubt any major changes will come forward on 2010 beyond a few tweaks.

No upgrades have been official but Ford technology in the FFH is sure to spread over into the '10 FEH. Here is my thoughts:

1. Higher EV speed

2. Electric A/C

3. Lighter more powerful HV battery

4. No Aux HV battery A/C

5. HV battery with cabin cooling and heating. This will improve EV in cold weather by allowing warm cabin air to maintain better heating of the battery

6. More powerful electric motors with more regen

7. Variable Voltage Converter for more efficient conversion losses and voltage boost.

I see no reason why Ford would not make these changes in the '10 FEH because most of them are cost savings and will improve FE. The '10 FFH will have all these improvements and there is no reason to produce two different systems at a higher cost.

It also may hurt MPG by lowering it because it was set-up in wind tunnel test at its present height. Crash test were also done at the stock height, and I wouldn't want to lower its present safety rating of 5 stars. The ride would also change and I wouldn't want to change all this and lower resale value for cool looks.

Lowering vehicles usually improves MPG, as it reduces drag/frontal area. A lower bumper height shouldn't affect crashworthiness, as you are not altering the structure of the vehicle. The Escape is built on a unibody sedan chassis originally anyways, no?

IMHO, the main problem with lowering may be lack of aftermarket Escape shocks/struts that are properly valved for increased spring rates of a different suspension. You'll very likely get the pogo effect when the stock shocks are blown when using them with aftermarket springs.

Lowering vehicles usually improves MPG, as it reduces drag/frontal area. A lower bumper height shouldn't affect crashworthiness, as you are not altering the structure of the vehicle. The Escape is built on a unibody sedan chassis originally anyways, no?

IMHO, the main problem with lowering may be lack of aftermarket Escape shocks/struts that are properly valved for increased spring rates of a different suspension. You'll very likely get the pogo effect when the stock shocks are blown when using them with aftermarket springs.

I don't have the link but I read a article about the Escape being tested in a wind tunnel. Ever notice the small rubber piece on the front side of the rear wheel well. That was added to reduce drag. Not sure when the tests were done or when that was added. It also mentioned the front spoiler below the bumper or fascia being changed too. These changes increased MPG by .75.

I don't have the link but I read a article about the Escape being tested in a wind tunnel. Ever notice the small rubber piece on the front side of the rear wheel well. That was added to reduce drag. Not sure when the tests were done or when that was added. It also mentioned the front spoiler below the bumper or fascia being changed too. These changes increased MPG by .75.

If you lowered a vehicle like they do in NASCAR where wind flow is not designed to go under the vehicle which could cause it to become airborne, than that's a different story. The Escape is not designed that way and doesn't have those types of spoilers to hold it to the road. The front end and rear end are designed for air to flow above and below the Escape the most efficient way and adding the extended spoiler and rear tire damper was part of the most efficient air flow. In fact, the hybrid has the highest ground clearance of all the other Escape models. Except for the Hybrid Limited, Ford also designed the rims on the standard FEH to be of a lighter weight to improve mileage. The FEHL has a better looking rim, but it's almost 2 pounds heavier and will reduce MPG. You must be very careful when you make changes to a vehicle designed for high MPG. Just replacing the tires can have a big effect on MPG if you don't replace them with the original tire. An exception to that is the new Michelin Latitudes Ford is now replacing the Eco-Plus with on all Escapes. These tires are lighter and have an improved design that is much better than the Eco-Plus. I replaced my '05 FEH Eco-Plus tires with them and MPG is better as well as handling and traction.