AAI automated call for openings at DTP and Woodhaven

Back-Glass-Ass

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im also leaving aai i have 1988 senority i hope i can get a good job

I am quite sure that our new jobs will depend on where the holes are.. meaning current DTP employees were probably offered positions on C crew before we get there. While we might not get great jobs when we first get there with any luck we will be able to bid on them once we are there. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Anyone plan on going to the union meeting tomorrow? Maybe they can provide more information-- ha ha.

Anybody coming to DTP....Prepare yourself for what you are in for.

You may think "Hey, I have (insert <15 yr seniority date here), I'll get a great job, DTP is a paradise" Think again. You'll be put wherever they need a body. The job you'll get will most likely be worse than what you're used to. You'll feel like a new hire, all over again.

Sure, you can bid on jobs, at least the ones that weren't filled before you got there, but DTP has this cute little system in place for that. There's ONE GUY who is in charge of placing people, or not, on for bid jobs. Your seniority doesn't count here like you're used to, DTP uses "merit" more than seniority. "Merit" can mean many things, in fact, nobody is quite sure WHAT it means, but that's the major factor considered for bid jobs.

If you've spent alot of years in a plant and gotten used to things there, you'll be in for quite a shock, and not a pleasant one, once you get to DTP.

Anybody coming to DTP....Prepare yourself for what you are in for.

You may think "Hey, I have (insert <15 yr seniority date here), I'll get a great job, DTP is a paradise" Think again. You'll be put wherever they need a body. The job you'll get will most likely be worse than what you're used to. You'll feel like a new hire, all over again.

Sure, you can bid on jobs, at least the ones that weren't filled before you got there, but DTP has this cute little system in place for that. There's ONE GUY who is in charge of placing people, or not, on for bid jobs. Your seniority doesn't count here like you're used to, DTP uses "merit" more than seniority. "Merit" can mean many things, in fact, nobody is quite sure WHAT it means, but that's the major factor considered for bid jobs.

If you've spent alot of years in a plant and gotten used to things there, you'll be in for quite a shock, and not a pleasant one, once you get to DTP.

Hell you are joking right ? I know damn near the whole C-crew Cal line inspectors that the union told them they did not have the seniority to come back to those jobs even though the company technically had the right to recall them. This due to the fact some where still coded ILO on September 22nd and only came back once the buyouts took effect and they started recalling people to back fill those positions.

To me it sounds more like they are bypassing Merit and Ability ( contractually what is the main citation for a promotional job bid) and going strictly with seniority ( which is contractually the pattern for none promotional job bids). Besides since Nick has been there they have started posting who got what job bids as they did at Wixom (outside the union office), should be pretty clear they are not going with the contract as is the reason some that previously held classifications have had International down there in the last week or so.

Just so we get this strait even if you where right please reread the contract, Article IV section 2 (a) and ( B ) page 16 Volume I, clearly states how promotional and non promotional job transfers are to be picked.

Edited by lquidspine

Hell you are joking right ? I know damn near the whole C-crew Cal line inspectors that the union told them they did not have the seniority to come back to those jobs even though the company technically had the right to recall them. This due to the fact some where still coded ILO on September 22nd and only came back once the buyouts took effect and they started recalling people to back fill those positions.

To me it sounds more like they are bypassing Merit and Ability ( contractually what is the main citation for a promotional job bid) and going strictly with seniority ( which is contractually the pattern for none promotional job bids). Besides since Nick has been there they have started posting who got what job bids as they did at Wixom (outside the union office), should be pretty clear they are not going with the contract as is the reason some that previously held classifications have had International down there in the last week or so.

Just so we get this strait even if you where right please reread the contract, Article IV section 2 (a) and ( B ) page 16 Volume I, clearly states how promotional and non promotional job transfers are to be picked.

Not arguing with you at all..Maybe things have changed since Nick took over, I certainly hope they have..All I'm trying to do is give newcomers to DTP a realistic expectation of what they are in for. I'm not some 20 year guy, I work the line, that's all I've ever done, and even so, coming to DTP was like night and day from where I came from (MTP). I expect others will have the same reaction.

Not arguing with you at all..Maybe things have changed since Nick took over, I certainly hope they have..All I'm trying to do is give newcomers to DTP a realistic expectation of what they are in for. I'm not some 20 year guy, I work the line, that's all I've ever done, and even so, coming to DTP was like night and day from where I came from (MTP). I expect others will have the same reaction.

Agreed DTP and the whole Rouge complex/Local 600 is something outsiders for the most part should not be accustomed too, I know when I came in 2003 I was shocked. Things are getting somewhat better but unfortunately Nick and all the new reps can go by unfortunately is what Joe "Windbag" negotiated in the 2007 unit contract, some of the worst things will take another contract to fix.

Unfortunately though those that do go to Body still have no new Unit contract (sad yes I know).

The biggest warning I would give anyone that gets placed on C-crew is watch the overtime sheets from shift to shift, the TWO's system does not recognize an alternate work pattern so expect to get charged time and a half and double time for your regular working hours for Saturday and Sunday. I can only suggest make the concerns about this issue know immediately and once the spread gets out of line start writing grievances This Must be changed, I have seen many people get screwed out of OT opportunities for this reason.

Good luck to all that come here and to all during this time.

I too have recieved the phone call that I'm going to dtp, I have 2000 senority. I put in for the bid hopeing to avoid not just the layoff at AAI but also the new 4:00pm start time. I would n't see my kids until the weekend. But now I'll be able to start a bit later(if I'm on afternoons) and get 3 days off to spend w/ them. Does anyone at DPT see the 4 10hr days staying--or would they change it back to 5 days???

I too have recieved the phone call that I'm going to dtp, I have 2000 senority. I put in for the bid hopeing to avoid not just the layoff at AAI but also the new 4:00pm start time. I would n't see my kids until the weekend. But now I'll be able to start a bit later(if I'm on afternoons) and get 3 days off to spend w/ them. Does anyone at DPT see the 4 10hr days staying--or would they change it back to 5 days???

The 4 day shifts will be staying as long as C crew stays. Most workers coming in will be placed on C crew. There will not be a shift preference bump for I think one year from the time C crew starts.

The 4 day shifts will be staying as long as C crew stays. Most workers coming in will be placed on C crew. There will not be a shift preference bump for I think one year from the time C crew starts.

What time will the c shift start and which days? The shift bump thing doesn't make sense though. Thanks for the info

According to AAI/Labor- the cut off date was Dec 2000, I am not sure of the total number going. They were in the process of calling those who are leaving yesterday. They are to report to Dearborn on Feb. 2nd. Those who did not work the past week will be continuing their TLO until then. I believe those who worked last week, and not positive now, will get short work week for the upcoming week and will have to collect unemployment for the next week. All those who are transferring will receive a package in the mail with more information. Hope this helps :)

Oh... by the way.. see you there as I am headed there as well.

im heading there to thanks for information good luck

The newcomers will be shocked like the rest of us that came here !! This place is like night and

day from where I came from too.

What time will the c shift start and which days? The shift bump thing doesn't make sense though. Thanks for the info

What ever shift you start on when you come to DTP is where you will stay until the sign up for a shift preference occurs which I heard could be a year later. The only way anyone will be placed on another shift is if they have enough time in to get any future preferred job postings.

I am quite sure that our new jobs will depend on where the holes are.. meaning current DTP employees were probably offered positions on C crew before we get there. While we might not get great jobs when we first get there with any luck we will be able to bid on them once we are there. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Anyone plan on going to the union meeting tomorrow? Maybe they can provide more information-- ha ha.

I recieved an email from a friend that went to yesterdays union meeting. Here is what was discussed.: At the Union meeting today. ALL laid off employess are being recalled. 288 people are going to Dearborn and 41 to Woodhaven. Another 20 went to Kansas City. Due to the transfers, everyone will be returning to their original home units and there will be another canvass. (The company expects to have this plus job picks completed on Tuesday!) Seven of the team members sent out of Test Roller will be staying. The transfer list was not supposed to go up for another month or so but our Union Leaders convinced the International to post it early to avoid more confusion in backfilling the openings.

Also, all funding for ETAP has been discontinued at the end of January and the scholarship program for children has also ended.

The heat has been turned down in the plant to 65 and in less used areas and non-production days it will be 55 degrees.

The Mazda 6 got a rating of 7 out of 7 at the Auto Show. We build a great car.

There was also a rumor of a down week the end of February, beginning of March but with the line change that may not occur.

I recieved an email from a friend that went to yesterdays union meeting. Here is what was discussed.: At the Union meeting today. ALL laid off employess are being recalled. 288 people are going to Dearborn and 41 to Woodhaven. Another 20 went to Kansas City. Due to the transfers, everyone will be returning to their original home units and there will be another canvass. (The company expects to have this plus job picks completed on Tuesday!) Seven of the team members sent out of Test Roller will be staying. The transfer list was not supposed to go up for another month or so but our Union Leaders convinced the International to post it early to avoid more confusion in backfilling the openings.

Also, all funding for ETAP has been discontinued at the end of January and the scholarship program for children has also ended.

The heat has been turned down in the plant to 65 and in less used areas and non-production days it will be 55 degrees.

The Mazda 6 got a rating of 7 out of 7 at the Auto Show. We build a great car.

There was also a rumor of a down week the end of February, beginning of March but with the line change that may not occur.

Thats a bummer about pdi. I was number 10 on that list! we still have a year call back to the unit I hope. Did they mention anything about one shift that people seem to think is going to happen? did they mention anything about another round of buyouts?