MTPers still waiting on calls for WAP

MTPwife

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heard postings for saline went up at wap and isa did any laid off mtpers get a call???? :banghead:

I am laid off from MTP and supposed to goto DTP sometime in Feb. I got a call today saying I was eligible for a temporary position at Saline for a year or more and to contact labor relations by Jan 28th if I am interested. Doesn't sound like a good move at all so I am holding out for DTP. :redcard:

I am getting tired of this maybe next weekover and over again. When am I going to work. Stop trying to take care of lower senority and put me to work. MTP people have been screwed around enough. This bull about when we go to the new plant that its Wayne Assembley is another example. If they wait until there is no down weeks coming we will never RTW.

It's politics wayne is trying to protect it's people and force poet out.... they want control. MTP are odd people out, all's fair love and war. Go join the grievance for not allowing 6,10,15 it will go no where but it makes you feel better. Sorry but that's the truth

So,apparently no rules of the contract apply to this situation. I actually know of one employee of MTP that went to the NLRB last week and, flied a protest against the local and, region 1A. I know it is totally useless to fight this local with its nepotism. Us employees of the truck plant might get a job back in a year or so, hang in there and, hopefully the checks will keep coming.

So,apparently no rules of the contract apply to this situation. I actually know of one employee of MTP that went to the NLRB last week and, flied a protest against the local and, region 1A. I know it is totally useless to fight this local with its nepotism. Us employees of the truck plant might get a job back in a year or so, hang in there and, hopefully the checks will keep coming.

At the last union meeting somebody asked Poet about trades using the 6-10-15 rule. Bill Johnson from Wayne stepped up in front of Poet and said there will be no 6-10-15. He can do what he wants because our International servicing rep., Mike Oblack, is his buddy and Mike came from the Wayne complex.

At the last union meeting somebody asked Poet about trades using the 6-10-15 rule. Bill Johnson from Wayne stepped up in front of Poet and said there will be no 6-10-15. He can do what he wants because our International servicing rep., Mike Oblack, is his buddy and Mike came from the Wayne complex.

Fuck all them assholes looking to protect turf at the expense of the members. They give all the decent UAW individuals a bad name . Let em rot somewhere.... scum bag bitches... The UAW wonders why they have a declining membership

heard from poet and beth craig yesterday second week of feb should be oreintaion following week should start working.also can pic w2s up at wap payroll before jan 31.if not thay will be mailed hope all this is true ready to go back to work! : : :happy feet:

Well was told last night theres going to be a meeting this Wednesday with the company about extending the layoff in Feb from 2 weeks to 3 possibly 4 weeks. And we are going to tag relief in body south starting today. So hang in there. Maybe someday you'll come over. Also orientation is 1 day 2 tops if you don't have lockout training. Hmmmmmmm :shades:

Edited by MTP'er

It's politics wayne is trying to protect it's people and force poet out.... they want control.

I thought the same thing till I got here. Quit calling Poet and call Bill Johnson. They will give you an answer. And remember, the company is the ones that give the go ahead for manpower, not the union. Poet is just along for the ride till they transfer him downtown to a cushy job.

It's politics wayne is trying to protect it's people and force poet out.... they want control.

I thought the same thing till I got here. Quit calling Poet and call Bill Johnson. They will give you an answer. And remember, the company is the ones that give the go ahead for manpower, not the union. Poet is just along for the ride till they transfer him downtown to a cushy job.

whats manpower got to do with it wap is not respecting senority per the 6,10,15 agreement. :slap:

I forgot to add they are waiting to see how many sign up for Saline before bringing everyone over from MTP. Not sure why, but this is what bargaining rep. told me today.

I signed up for Dearborn Engine, haven't heard a thing yet. Anybody else hear anything. AAI people already going to DTP and Woodhaven. We signed up in November. Can't get a straight answer from the union either.

I signed up for Dearborn Engine, haven't heard a thing yet. Anybody else hear anything. AAI people already going to DTP and Woodhaven. We signed up in November. Can't get a straight answer from the union either.

No one has been called to Woodhaven yet.

this is why you should not ask Poet info about WAP because he is not in the loop. There will be NO 6-10-15! Everyone will be coming from MTP and nobody will be getting bumped out. The union has a figured out a way to let everyone keep a job. Poet keeps talking 6-10-15 and it does not apply because they are making room for eveyone to come between retirement and transfers. A 6-10-15 would mean people would be bumped out. You will be coming. You'll get a laugh at the guys who did nothing at MTP on the line at WAP working.