impeach gettlefinger!!!!

mgamerica

I dont know what anyone is thinking about what Gettlefinger is doing to us,but from my opinion,I believe he needs to be impeached. I as an hourly employee never voted or had a chance to vote our president in. I understand that our local representaves had the choice to but I didnt and neither did any other hourly employee. Gettlefinger is not fighting for us our our rights and everything we and our retirees have fought and worked hard for. That is not what a union is about.

He is agreeing to us taking a wage cut,cut in our insurance and taking away the job bank. The job bank is the only thing we have to keep our jobs secure. Yes the job bank was agreed upon just for that reason and now that it is being used because of what our dumbass politicians,ceo s and executives have done to this economy they want to take everything from us,while they dont take a cut in their wages,insurance,etc... they want to keep making their wages and keep their benefits while they take it from us. TIME TO SAY<ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!!

Our government wants and demands us to take cuts in wages,ins ,take away our job bank(which secures our jobs} while they reep their annual raises,best insurance money can buy(which is tax payers money) and they take how many at least one month recesses a year,which in mean time they get full pay while they are sitting on their ass getting full pay,which again is same as our job bank. At same time Gettlefinger gets his full pay and benefits and annual raises as they do but yet he wants to agree to take it from us.FUCK THAT!!!! None of the CEO s and executives arent agreeing to cuts from their part. So why should we?????

I could be wrong,if I am please correct me but I believe Gettlefinger used to be a negotiator for FORD on our contracts years ago. If so then why is he a president of our union?? Since he has been president we have slowly lost what we have fought for and deserve.

Gettlefinger and the politicions have taken what a union stands for and ruined it in the eyes of the public,which hate us now. WE CAN IMPEACH him so lets stand as one and rid his ass of his duty and stand up and fight for our jobs and family. WE need to this now if we want to keep our jobs,because if they get rid of the job bank,you can assure that the big 3 will permantly lay off and we will lose our jobs and they will start hiring at foreign wages.

Why isnt Gettlefinger fighting back and doing tv ads to show the public what is reallt going on?? Maybe because he is gaining out of it while we and our families are losing everything. NO MORE!!!!!!!! LETS stand up and fight as ONE!!!!!! If we do this we can and will win!!!! Please give your thoughts and opinions and if anyone has the imfo to impeach his ass,let everyone know on here and lets fight for our lives and families together........

I dont know what anyone is thinking about what Gettlefinger is doing to us,but from my opinion,I believe he needs to be impeached. I as an hourly employee never voted or had a chance to vote our president in. I understand that our local representaves had the choice to but I didnt and neither did any other hourly employee. Gettlefinger is not fighting for us our our rights and everything we and our retirees have fought and worked hard for. That is not what a union is about.

He is agreeing to us taking a wage cut,cut in our insurance and taking away the job bank. The job bank is the only thing we have to keep our jobs secure. Yes the job bank was agreed upon just for that reason and now that it is being used because of what our dumbass politicians,ceo s and executives have done to this economy they want to take everything from us,while they dont take a cut in their wages,insurance,etc... they want to keep making their wages and keep their benefits while they take it from us. TIME TO SAY<ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!!

Our government wants and demands us to take cuts in wages,ins ,take away our job bank(which secures our jobs} while they reep their annual raises,best insurance money can buy(which is tax payers money) and they take how many at least one month recesses a year,which in mean time they get full pay while they are sitting on their ass getting full pay,which again is same as our job bank. At same time Gettlefinger gets his full pay and benefits and annual raises as they do but yet he wants to agree to take it from us.FUCK THAT!!!! None of the CEO s and executives arent agreeing to cuts from their part. So why should we?????

I could be wrong,if I am please correct me but I believe Gettlefinger used to be a negotiator for FORD on our contracts years ago. If so then why is he a president of our union?? Since he has been president we have slowly lost what we have fought for and deserve.

Gettlefinger and the politicions have taken what a union stands for and ruined it in the eyes of the public,which hate us now. WE CAN IMPEACH him so lets stand as one and rid his ass of his duty and stand up and fight for our jobs and family. WE need to this now if we want to keep our jobs,because if they get rid of the job bank,you can assure that the big 3 will permantly lay off and we will lose our jobs and they will start hiring at foreign wages.

Why isnt Gettlefinger fighting back and doing tv ads to show the public what is reallt going on?? Maybe because he is gaining out of it while we and our families are losing everything. NO MORE!!!!!!!! LETS stand up and fight as ONE!!!!!! If we do this we can and will win!!!! Please give your thoughts and opinions and if anyone has the imfo to impeach his ass,let everyone know on here and lets fight for our lives and families together........

The government is taking these things away from us not Gettlefinger. I just think your are giving Gettlefinger too much credit for all this shit.

The public has hated us since 1979. (Pinto and Maverick) era.

I understand you want to "get" someone for thing but Ron has very litle to do with why we have to give shit away.

Just found out yesterday, from the plant manager, that our wages that cost less than 10% of the cost of the vehicle....INCLUDES all the hourly, salary and company officers. (Alan Mullaly, Bill Ford ect.). Hmmm. Why was I, the media, and the general public lead to believe that the 10% was the the cost of hourly uaw workers only? If you don't ask the right questions, they won't volunteer any information. Furthermore, why isn't the international using any funds to hire our own spin doctors?

ITS the convention delegates that elect these people ,we need to start sending new people to the convention not the same people that go just for fun and kiss the executive boards ass. You should be having an election for your delegates soon I urge you to run for a spot and support people that feel the same way you do . I agree with you 120% , we shouldnt be sending anyone that went and relected these assholes .

ITS the convention delegates that elect these people ,we need to start sending new people to the convention not the same people that go just for fun and kiss the executive boards ass. You should be having an election for your delegates soon I urge you to run for a spot and support people that feel the same way you do . I agree with you 120% , we shouldnt be sending anyone that went and relected these assholes .

:hysterical: Do you guys really think that you have any say on who is elected? It's all done behind closed doors by the Administrative Caucus. And the delegates are usually your local union structure and they're too busy sucking up so they can be taken on staff! Do a little research and find out how this all REALLY works. As it stands, democracy has no place in the UAW! LMAO! :hysterical:

I could be wrong,if I am please correct me but I believe Gettlefinger used to be a negotiator for FORD on our contracts years ago. If so then why is he a president of our union??

HUH??????????

Obviously you are not involved in our union if you don't understand that President Gettelfinger was a UAW Vice President and in that position, was assigned to be Director of the Ford Department back then and was negotiating on the UAW's behalf ... NOT on Ford's behalf. So yes, you are wrong - very wrong - he was NOT negotiating FOR Ford, but across the table from Ford. Now, as President, he is still across the table from Ford, as our President, next to the present UAW Vice President who directs the Ford Department (and also negotiates for the UAW, not for Ford), Bob King.

Perhaps you should start attending your union meetings before you start spouting off about things you obviously know nothing about.

HUH??????????

Obviously you are not involved in our union if you don't understand that President Gettelfinger was a UAW Vice President and in that position, was assigned to be Director of the Ford Department back then and was negotiating on the UAW's behalf ... NOT on Ford's behalf. So yes, you are wrong - very wrong - he was NOT negotiating FOR Ford, but across the table from Ford. Now, as President, he is still across the table from Ford, as our President, next to the present UAW Vice President who directs the Ford Department (and also negotiates for the UAW, not for Ford), Bob King.

Perhaps you should start attending your union meetings before you start spouting off about things you obviously know nothing about.

I wasnt spouted off. I asked the question and also said I could be wrong,no reason for you to reply with such attitude. Excuse me for being wrong on something. Thanks for the imformation,really aprreciate it. But still believe we need a new president.

Just found out yesterday, from the plant manager, that our wages that cost less than 10% of the cost of the vehicle....INCLUDES all the hourly, salary and company officers. (Alan Mullaly, Bill Ford ect.). Hmmm. Why was I, the media, and the general public lead to believe that the 10% was the the cost of hourly uaw workers only? If you don't ask the right questions, they won't volunteer any information. Furthermore, why isn't the international using any funds to hire our own spin doctors?

Yes that is correct and if you look on here under Ron Gettlefinger videos. Gettlefinger is interviewed on FOX and he himself mentioned the 10 percent labor costs as if its just our cost.That was his chance on tv to totaly explain all that and let people know all the facts,instead he does nothing like that.

Ford didnt take any bailout money so we re not under a government agreement so we shouldnt takes cuts in anything and lose our job bank.Ford is reaping all the benefits that a bailout company is getting. Thats fucked up. So again FORD is in better shape than the other BIG 3 and FORD takes no bailout money but yet they still get to reap all the same benefits and wage cuts,ins cuts and our job bank gone as the others. They get it all and all thats going to happen with all that is Mullaly and the executives will reap huge bonuses,they will get the money that is taking from us

I wasnt spouted off. I asked the question and also said I could be wrong,no reason for you to reply with such attitude. Excuse me for being wrong on something. Thanks for the imformation,really aprreciate it. But still believe we need a new president.

You will be getting a new President......June 2010!! :shades: Be careful what you wish for!! :ohsnap:

Edited by Captain723

Anyone that thinks that Gettlefinger is doing a bad job needs to get their head out of their asses. Ron has more pressure on him right now than any other president in the UAWs history. The whole country wants us to take a pay cut along with our government. The only support Ron has is a hand full of auto workers and obviously you all are not supporting him. The whole country is running him into the ground including the people he is trying to defend! Ungrateful bastards! We haven’t even seen what we are going to be voting on yet and you all are criticizing him already, what a bunch of whiney little bitches. That is exactly what gives us a bad name.

I agree the union could help give us some positive press and I even seen a union commercial just the other day, but you guys need to quit being such cry babies. Pitch in and help out if you don't like how the union is performing. How can you expect the general public to appreciate the union when its members does not?

We are in a recession asshole. What do you expect. They have to do what they have to do.

Im not happy with how Ron has been giving back over the years either. He pushed for the membership to accept the two tier wage but the CAW didnt accept it. Now JSP is gone and we dont know what is going to happen to the money that was allocated for JSP, is it going in the executives pockets? I read yesterday that Mullaly made $22 million last year and the next 4 Ford exec's made between $4.3 and 6.3 million each. What are these clowns doing to help the company? Finally, my biggest gripe with Ron is he has sat on his butt and let these transplants go unorganized. If Ron would have put on a full assult to organize Nissan, Toyota, Honda and the other transplants, our wage and benefits wouldnt be an issue because the UAW could have gained similar agreements with all the auto companies. He is not a strong leader with a vision and as weak as he looks to us, he looks even weaker to the workers at the transplants. How can the richest union in the world with over a billion dollars in assets and cash continue to go down the same road that has failed in the past?

Im not happy with how Ron has been giving back over the years either. He pushed for the membership to accept the two tier wage but the CAW didnt accept it. Now JSP is gone and we dont know what is going to happen to the money that was allocated for JSP, is it going in the executives pockets? I read yesterday that Mullaly made $22 million last year and the next 4 Ford exec's made between $4.3 and 6.3 million each. What are these clowns doing to help the company? Finally, my biggest gripe with Ron is he has sat on his butt and let these transplants go unorganized. If Ron would have put on a full assult to organize Nissan, Toyota, Honda and the other transplants, our wage and benefits wouldnt be an issue because the UAW could have gained similar agreements with all the auto companies. He is not a strong leader with a vision and as weak as he looks to us, he looks even weaker to the workers at the transplants. How can the richest union in the world with over a billion dollars in assets and cash continue to go down the same road that has failed in the past?

I can understand the fact that you’re not happy but who is right now? You people are forgetting that we still have to vote on all the changes being made. As of right now they are just suspensions. Like I said in a previous post, the whole country including the government is against Ron and it sounds like the same people he is fighting for is against him also. You don't even know what is going to be presented to us yet and you are bitching, moaning, and groaning like little bitches. The whole world has Ron backed into a corner, he is only one person for Christ sakes. Should he pull a thriving economy out of his ass or what? Man I wished you all would pitch in and help out as fast as you are willing to stab a brother/sister in the back. You have no idea the pressure that is upon a union president during a depression. WTF?

As far as the transplants a few plants are union (don't remember which ones but I’m sure you can look it up) and Gettlefinger has tried to organize Toyota several times and was unsuccessful as was Stephen Yokich who also tried several times and failed. Right before a vote Toyota would hire hundreds of temps just to have them to vote no on a union and promise them a permanent position after they finished firing the union supporters who got caught. I know several people who work at Toyota plants and trust me the UAW has tried very hard to organize them. They didn't "let" anyone go unorganized. Remember that the union is a business also and they want to keep as many members as they can. More members = more dues. Fewer members = less strength which is why they are hitting hard right now (after thousands of buyouts). The anti-union movement kicking us when we are down.

How can the richest union in the world continue to go down the same road that has failed in the past? Ask our government. The union doesn't have elitist connections that our politicians have. They blame us for higher pay and benefit standards that make us (the United States) uncompetitive in global markets. The elite politicians and CEOs see us as thieves stealing gold from their off shore piggy banks. They hate us so they figure out ways to get rid of us like moving their operations over seas and paying those workers bread crumbs while our government pays the company tax incentives for moving. All of this is way bigger than Ron Gettlefinger.

I know that everyone on this forum says things like "why in the hell did he give up this' or "if I was Ron I'd do that". Well maybe instead of bitching about Ron you should stand up and help him like going to a Union meeting or making a phone call or writing him a letter suggesting you ideas. You don't have to hold an elected position to make suggestions to help out our union. If you think otherwise then f*cking run for a position.

It is easy to degrade our officials when you are not willing to do the job yourself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Solidarity

Anyone that thinks that Gettlefinger is doing a bad job needs to get their head out of their asses. Ron has more pressure on him right now than any other president in the UAWs history. The whole country wants us to take a pay cut along with our government. The only support Ron has is a hand full of auto workers and obviously you all are not supporting him. The whole country is running him into the ground including the people he is trying to defend! Ungrateful bastards! We haven’t even seen what we are going to be voting on yet and you all are criticizing him already, what a bunch of whiney little bitches. That is exactly what gives us a bad name.

I agree the union could help give us some positive press and I even seen a union commercial just the other day, but you guys need to quit being such cry babies. Pitch in and help out if you don't like how the union is performing. How can you expect the general public to appreciate the union when its members does not?

I tend to agree with your comments a little. Not alot. Great post. U R the Union.

The government is taking these things away from us not Gettlefinger. I just think your are giving Gettlefinger too much credit for all this shit.

The public has hated us since 1979. (Pinto and Maverick) era.

I understand you want to "get" someone for thing but Ron has very litle to do with why we have to give shit away.

Ya but why didn't we get to vote on the jsp being put down? Isn't that part of the contract that we voted on?

LMAO!

How many Porkchoppers are assigned to this site?

The UAW stopped being the UAW a generation ago. At least.

These new guys from Gettelfinger on down to the dopes posting here are appointed and paid to attack your common sense. Gettelinger's President in the toughest times in our history? He's made it tough that's for sure. His Dog-Eat-Dog leads to endless concessions and job loss. But in Flint 1937, he'd have his ass expelled from the True UAW for treason.

True Trade Unions win fights against Free Traitors.

These guys win fights for Door Matism. They fight their own members who are trying to create Solidarity.

It's time for a New Solidarity Movement that can defend our communities and country. It is going to have to come from people who care about each other and their neighbors.

BTW, is it true that the Porkchoppers are now retiring from the "International" and returning to their plants to get the buyouts?

Edited by Gravedigger

Ya but why didn't we get to vote on the jsp being put down? Isn't that part of the contract that we voted on?

yES, IT IS PART OF APPENDIX N I believe.

I beleieve that in the contract INTUAW has the right to suspend/eliminate any joint program at thier disgresion.

Ron went a step further and asked the joint counsil for thier imput/recommedation and based on the facts and the government intervention the joint council of all big 3 gave him unanimus approval to do so.

My point is he did not have to ask all the Delegates from every plant in the country what they thought and he did anyway.

That is more input that any other president we ever had.

I am not a Ron fan either. Just stating facts. We are beating up the wrong fricking people. Turn your attention to this f*&^ed up government.

Edited by TheEagle