2010 Fusion Order Status -- Updates

ackbar

Could be. Will get the car later today (bright sunny day). My daughter is an artist and she chose the color! I've had all kinds of blue and silver Fords (Tauruses). Had white and rally green in the old days (VW bug, Dasher). Don't like red cars (though had a maroon Malibu once). So I am happy to go with something different.

My daughter wanted me to get the green too. She likes that its kind of a "stealth" green. ;)

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My daughter wanted me to get the green too. She likes that its kind of a "stealth" green. ;)

Because my basic commute to work is less than 1 mile (I can easily walk or bike if I'm not having to haul stuff), I don't build up a lot of daily commute miles.

I did buy the extended wall-to-wall warranty, 100K miles + 6 years (the additional year was $80, so what the heck), since I expect to do maybe 15-20K mi per year.

So far, I'm loving this car but haven't had time to sit down and go through all the electronic options. Have all of 100 mi. on the car at this stage just running errands around town plus one stint on hwy to check out acceleration and so on.

Compared with my old '97 Taurus (which I've built into my physical memory....), the steering ratio is not quite as high, but it's quite good.

People who've seen the Atlantis Green color really like it and remark on the luminescence of the paint (in sunlight). Under clouds the car really doesn't look black to me, just very dark.

Edited by Juris

BTW/ has anyone here purchased extended warranty on FFH? Any thoughts on it?

I purchased the 5yr/100,000 and ResistAll coverage. Since I plan on putting some mileage on this it seemed like a decent price for the extra warranty.

My dealer also has the 10yr/250,000 powertrain warranty that they threw in. I just have to pay for the engine and fuel treatment when I take it in for service ($10).

Thanks for sharing!!!!

And it not that bad!!!!... you can definately see the green in it... I'm sure that it's all based on how the sun hits it... I definately see it in the bumper.. I bet if you did a side shot with the sun hitting it, that car would glow beautifully...

i can also see where or how you're angled towards it could look darker than expected... Not bad I must admit! Very sharp and distinguished color!

Enjoy your FFH... I know that you probably are with the rest of us! :)

I purchased the 5yr/100,000 and ResistAll coverage. Since I plan on putting some mileage on this it seemed like a decent price for the extra warranty.

My dealer also has the 10yr/250,000 powertrain warranty that they threw in. I just have to pay for the engine and fuel treatment when I take it in for service ($10).

Sundedo, sounds like your dealer helped you out since you made wait longer because of their mess up. Just a quick blurb on my situation with my trucks, and I know that this is the Fusion shop. You can read about it more on the Explorer form, but I'm starting from square one again. This will make the third time, but hopefully it will be the last.

How much is the 5/100,000 warranty? I am getting a Tuxedo Black AWD Sport. I rack up 20,000 miles/yr, so this would be a warranty I'd like to consider.

Consumer reports constantly states that extended warranties are a total rip.

On average, it is -- because cars these days, even the most troublesome ones, simply don't break down that much. The question is how much you are willing or not willing to pay to avoid an unpleasant surprise, financially.

On average, it is -- because cars these days, even the most troublesome ones, simply don't break down that much. The question is how much you are willing or not willing to pay to avoid an unpleasant surprise, financially.

There you go, the dealers "fear mongering" tactic.

Well if the computer shits.........$$$$$ and you know cars are all computer controlled and to fix them they all have to sent off to secret fix-it camps in Japan where asian oompa loompas work the day away resetting the bits and bytes in broken automotive computers.

• 3 weeks later...
Consumer reports constantly states that extended warranties are a total rip.

I don't really agree with that statement... I added on an extended warranty for my Fusion, as I had one on my last vehicle and it paid itself off...

I got 2 free wheel bearings, radiator hoses, and various other critical items after the standard 36k fixed with minimal cost.. Overall the cost of the extended warranty was well exceeded than that of what I would have had to pay after market... And I didn't worry when it went into the shop knowing that these were covered. (Of course that was with GM).

I'm hoping ford's coverage is equally well and that I can atleast know that for the life of my auto loan, the car is covered with a minimal deduction... (Granted this all hinges on the dealer writing it up accurately, and ensuring that they don't do anything shadey... But do trust my dealer and welcome the comfort of this warranty being on a vehicle with so many technical components!

However each owner experiences thier own processes and all that I cand do is express my feelings on extended warranties to vehicles... However I do not buy extended warranties from stores like Best Buy or such because those are indeed money making ventures, as the retail store benefits and don't care about the consumer... With ford behind the warranty and ford's reputation to me as a consumer I can't say much otherwise.

So I do have to say vehicle extended warranties are worth it.

I don't really agree with that statement... I added on an extended warranty for my Fusion, as I had one on my last vehicle and it paid itself off...

I got 2 free wheel bearings, radiator hoses, and various other critical items after the standard 36k fixed with minimal cost.. Overall the cost of the extended warranty was well exceeded than that of what I would have had to pay after market... And I didn't worry when it went into the shop knowing that these were covered. (Of course that was with GM).

I'm hoping ford's coverage is equally well and that I can atleast know that for the life of my auto loan, the car is covered with a minimal deduction... (Granted this all hinges on the dealer writing it up accurately, and ensuring that they don't do anything shadey... But do trust my dealer and welcome the comfort of this warranty being on a vehicle with so many technical components!

However each owner experiences thier own processes and all that I cand do is express my feelings on extended warranties to vehicles... However I do not buy extended warranties from stores like Best Buy or such because those are indeed money making ventures, as the retail store benefits and don't care about the consumer... With ford behind the warranty and ford's reputation to me as a consumer I can't say much otherwise.

So I do have to say vehicle extended warranties are worth it.

That isn't a positive report for the Fusion. :ohsnap:

That isn't a positive report for the Fusion. :ohsnap:

my post had noting to do with the fusion... My old car as noted was a gm brand which had these services performed up until 100k when the warranty expired

I was just staying extended warranties are good options... And can pay off.

my post had noting to do with the fusion... My old car as noted was a gm brand which had these services performed up until 100k when the warranty expired

I was just staying extended warranties are good options... And can pay off.

What did you pay for the extended warranty and what was the cost of replacement for the broken items?

Wheel bearings are hardly major and radiator hoses are regular maintenance.

What did you pay for the extended warranty and what was the cost of replacement for the broken items?

Wheel bearings are hardly major and radiator hoses are regular maintenance.

I understand that some of these items are not major components, but again in past experience with extended warranties the deductable is well worth the cost to me... A $100 deductible on the Fusion's item that needs to be covered, works it for the cost of the garage and cost of the part...

I'm not going to argue this debate one bit... But all that I have to say is that for a individual who has 0 car repair knowledge, and doesn't work in the field these items are indeed beneficial... With my GM, I had a $0 deductible wihch of course meant I paid for more up front, was still worth it... All that I know is that I'm going into the garage, asking them to evaluate a identified problem, they evaluate it and I know that I will be paying more of a fixed cost and getting the service I need.... Additionally with my GM vehicle having heavy duty components (like the 2 front rotors, which replaced cost an easy $500 from a local parts store and family member installing them, meant that other items are definately expensive)... The radiator hoses (3 spots) which I identified also were covered, and I just drove away paying for my grease & oil...

Since I purchased this with my vehicle, the cost of my loan having this integrated means that I can be assured that it is indeed covered and valueable services that my life is riding on are covered. Also since each vehicle's warranty costs are different due to the cost of the vehicle It doesn't make since to include that cost here.... Just knowing that my fusion sport is covered similarly to that of my older GM is all that I am greatful for.

I just don't see why others dont' think extended warranties by the manufacturer are worth it and a loss of money! And thus thought I'd include that positive not for others who may be like me and reading these forums.

• 2 weeks later...

Called the dealership today;

I got my VIN (YEY!!!) and they told me the delivery date is August 16th (boooo) So it looks like i am waiting the 6 week period (Ordered July 7)

I know others have waited much longer but i still want mine sooner!

Called the dealership today;

I got my VIN (YEY!!!) and they told me the delivery date is August 16th (boooo) So it looks like i am waiting the 6 week period (Ordered July 7)

We all did, but nothing changed that... Besides mine got delayed almost a week by the delivery truck! So needless to say I was in the same boat as you!

Just be patinet, as you'll be glad you did!

Wow - that is pretty fast. I also ordered mine on July 7! I called the dealer early last week just to make sure the order had been submitted, and was told "Ford has confirmed the order" - whatever that means. No VIN at that time. I'll check again early next week.

I thought it'd be useful to have a single thread to post order updates since the vehicle tracking forum is closed.

I ordered mine almost a month ago. My dealer hasn't heard a production date yet, but I'm hoping I might find out by next week since yesterday was the 2010 production startup date.

It'd also be good to know what S, SE, SEL, and Sport orderers are hearing from dealers in terms of production dates. I don't know if the hybrids will take longer to build, but I hope not. I'm really excited, but also anxious just to hear something :hyper:.

My order:

Fusion Hybrid

Sterling Gray

Leather Seating

Charcoal Black

502A Rapid Spec

Ordered: 1/9/09

Production: ???

Ordered MMH on 5/28/09. First told build date to be about 7/06. Then told build date to be around 7/23. I confirmed this build date with Ford Customer Service. Now I am told new build date of 8/24 and delivery in September, 15 weeks after car was ordered. I guess that they only want to build FFH. Ford can crank them out in 8 weeks.

Ordered MMH on 5/28/09. First told build date to be about 7/06. Then told build date to be around 7/23. I confirmed this build date with Ford Customer Service. Now I am told new build date of 8/24 and delivery in September, 15 weeks after car was ordered. I guess that they only want to build FFH. Ford can crank them out in 8 weeks.

In order to give a build date they need to have the parts on hand. Maybe they are presently short, and thus the build date extended due to the carrier who makes those pieces. (i.e. Front Grill, Steering wheel covers, or such..)

Sorry to hear your wait has become so extended!

Well, at least it should make it before October 1...