Our road ahead

Stugots

Listen people. Its this simple. We can make a stand today, fight for our way of life and by god have a chance to live this dream! Or we can ratify this contract and die a slow quiet death like cancer. If you have a breath left in your body you will choose to fight! We can save our way of life! We are the frontline in a war against unions and middle class america. Put on your war faces and let these globalist bastards know who the fuck we are!!

Solidarity

Listen people. Its this simple. We can make a stand today, fight for our way of life and by god have a chance to live this dream! Or we can ratify this contract and die a slow quiet death like cancer. If you have a breath left in your body you will choose to fight! We can save our way of life! We are the frontline in a war against unions and middle class america. Put on your war faces and let these globalist bastards know who the fuck we are!!

Solidarity

It's great to take a stand but the battle needs to be winnable. If this is rejected either by us or one of the others and it leads to bankruptcy what happens then. The contract will be gone altogether and both active, laid off workers and retirees will be at the mercy of a judge. A judge just recently ruled in favor of Delphi to negate the medical coverage of 1600 (I think) salaried retirees. A bankruptcy judge will always favor the company and creditors over workers. If the workers reject concessions then even Obama might be put under so much pressure he will not be able to support the union and will let the chips fall where they may. If the industry recovers that will give the UAW working room in the future to get lost benefits back or to increase the ones that still remain. This happened in the early 80's when much of the same was given up and most of it was won back in better times. Even if Ford doesn't go bankrupt the ramifications of a bankrupt GM would have far greater negative affects than these concessions will. We really need to think it all out personally before we cast a vote.

At some point PRIDE kicks in.Yes there is much to be worried about.There is always another crisis that requires a trillion dollars.I started out in favor of concessions.I thought maybe $3 an hour would help.I was wrong.They want blood,literally.I will vote No and if the UAW can do no better for us than these concessions or if the vote is rigged,I say throw out the union.I can agree to everything the Company tells me to do on my own.

Edited by Fatso

At some point PRIDE kicks in.Yes there is much to be worried about.There is always another crisis that requires a trillion dollars.I started out in favor of concessions.I thought maybe $3 an hour would help.I was wrong.They want blood,literally.I will vote No and if the UAW can do no better for us than these concessions or if the vote is rigged,I say throw out the union.

They expect us to take a cut in our sub pay-all the while we are being told of all of the weeks of downtime coming!! Let's see our union dues cut-how's that for concessions? We are expected to for go our deserved bonuses?? We gave up raises for those bonuses! Not to mention all the other sacrifices we gave- and what else they intend on us giving up. Don't threaten us with bancruptcy-when you're not even accepting the damn bailout loans!!! My vote: NO

Solidarity

Very well said.

My opinion is that they went too far. Personally, since they did not lower our base wage, I can accept all proposed consessions except for the sub-pay modifications and option C for Out-of-Zone job offer. If those two items were removed, I would vote yes. As it stands right now, I'm voting no.

I urge as many people as possible to call International and tell them why you are voting no.

By voting no, it's not the end of the world, they will not file bankruptcy.

If we all vote no, that will send them back to the table, and they will come back with something better than this.

Solidarity

Edited by XTCNAGT

Very well said.

My opinion is that they went too far. Personally, since they did not lower our base wage, I can accept all proposed consessions except for the sub-pay modifications and option C for Out-of-Zone job offer. If those two items were removed, I would vote yes. As it stands right now, I'm voting no.

I urge as many people as possible to call International and tell them why you are voting no.

If we all vote no, that will send them back to the table, and they will come back with something better than this.

Solidarity

I agree 100 percent those 2 things are deal breakers.. even the mandated physicals are going a bit too far but I would accept them if the SUB modifications and Option C for laid off workers was taken out.. The union didn't negotiate in our best interest they negotiated in the best interest of perserving union dues. I would gladly take a cut in base pay to do away with the physicals the sub pay mod and the option C.. I have to vote no on this proposal.

The bondholders have given up nothing.. the dealers are ready to sue if they have to give up anything. Upper management hasn't given up shit.. Their pay is going into an escrow until we are profitable, then they get it all.. Well put our bonuses and holiday pay and cola we are losing into a fucking interest earning account then let us all have it when the company becomes profitable again.. I would vote yes for that.. As this is right now it's nothing but union busting, and I cannot support it.

At some point PRIDE kicks in.Yes there is much to be worried about.There is always another crisis that requires a trillion dollars.I started out in favor of concessions.I thought maybe $3 an hour would help.I was wrong.They want blood,literally.I will vote No and if the UAW can do no better for us than these concessions or if the vote is rigged,I say throw out the union.I can agree to everything the Company tells me to do on my own.

I'm worried that the vote will be rigged also.

Very well said.

Solidarity

Exactly why I'm voting NO. They've only protected those who don't need protected.

THEY WANT YOUR FIRST BORN TOO, I AGREE WITH YOU IF ,we have to compete with nonunion plants then whats the point of the union.

About these mandated physicals... Who sets the requirements? What happens when you fail? Are you shit out of luck?

Brother all I can say is where do I send the $25 check because there is NO F***ING way I would ever allow some substandard company Dr to get their grubby little fat fingers on my prostate.

" What happens when you fail" ? Thats a damned good question. And what constitutes failure?

Must we all be blond haired blue eyed examples of Ayrian purity here or what?

You better not smoke....you better not drink, or have high blood pressure or high cholesterol, or have a chronic disease because if you do I just think you'll be put out on no work available.

Once you allow that company Dr to examine you, you have given up control of your personal health information and you'll never get it back so you had better think long and hard before you agree to this.

For this reason alone I am voting NO.

Times are bad that's true. Like President Obama I get that. Though I don't like giving up the money I expected it. I must say though that a "job protection program" that can be taken away from you at exactly the time you are apt to need it is an oxymoron in my view.

But getting back to these nazi uh....er.....company excuse me mandated physicals, what's next? Will Bill Ford's goons now sneak by my house at night to see if I am sleeping with the windows opened the company mandated distance like Henry used to do? Will my neighbors be interviewed to see if I swear ( I do ) if I smoke ( I do ) if I beat my wife ( I'm single ). To me this shit is going to far.

As long as I come to work, do my job, then go home that's as far as it should go in my opinion.

So for no other reason than this I'm voting NO

It's great to take a stand but the battle needs to be winnable. If this is rejected either by us or one of the others and it leads to bankruptcy what happens then. The contract will be gone altogether and both active, laid off workers and retirees will be at the mercy of a judge. A judge just recently ruled in favor of Delphi to negate the medical coverage of 1600 (I think) salaried retirees. A bankruptcy judge will always favor the company and creditors over workers. If the workers reject concessions then even Obama might be put under so much pressure he will not be able to support the union and will let the chips fall where they may. If the industry recovers that will give the UAW working room in the future to get lost benefits back or to increase the ones that still remain. This happened in the early 80's when much of the same was given up and most of it was won back in better times. Even if Ford doesn't go bankrupt the ramifications of a bankrupt GM would have far greater negative affects than these concessions will. We really need to think it all out personally before we cast a vote.

All this "What will happen if one of the Big Three goes under is bullshit" don't beleive the media

I dont think Ford is even considering going bankrupt. First Bill Ford Sr. owns the Lions that should be worth close to $1 billion plus Ford motor owns land all over the world, raw land that has value. Ford stated last week that they were going to go through with their investment in India over $500 million and the close to $4 billion investment in Mexico. Ford has assest and plants all over the world and they can tap those assets before bankruptcy. I dont think the Ford family wants to lose control of Ford motor co. and that is what would happen if they went bankrupt.

Now our union thinks we are so dumb to read investments in Mexico will be in review. This wording is similar to the wording in the 2007 highlights. Since the ratification of the 07 agreement Ford has announced the $4 billion investment in Mexico for the Fiesta. The language is bogus and Ford has made no promise to invest in the U.S. If the international union cant do better then this, its up to us to vote NO!

Wording that needs to be included is once Ford returns to profit, the union will get everything lost back. Plus no money will be spent in Mexico for production of parts or vehicles until everything is returned to the union.

I personally didn't care about not getting a bonus for the rest of the contract or my COLA going up. Point is, my weekly check is gonna stay exactly the same as it is right now. What bothers me the most is this "out of zone" bull crap. I have since changed my mind from yes to no. There is no way in hell I will vote for someone else to have a freeride into my plant and knock me out of a job. I don't care if they have 100 years with the company, if they get laid off, they go to available work like everyone did in the past. My plant isn't suffering so why should I be the one having to relocate? :censored::banghead:

I personally didn't care about not getting a bonus for the rest of the contract or my COLA going up. Point is, my weekly check is gonna stay exactly the same as it is right now. What bothers me the most is this "out of zone" bull crap. I have since changed my mind from yes to no. There is no way in hell I will vote for someone else to have a freeride into my plant and knock me out of a job. I don't care if they have 100 years with the company, if they get laid off, they go to available work like everyone did in the past. My plant isn't suffering so why should I be the one having to relocate? :censored::banghead:
Your paycheck will not stay the same. Your .99 cent an hour cola has been suspended.