Mandated health screenings

Stugots

Ah! I see that you, too, are familiar with our corporate policy. Good! Now, if you don't mind, bend over, turn your head and cough. This will really hurt!

Anyone with over 10 years won't even be able to feel it.........we are all so reamed out it would take more than that to "really hurt". :hysterical:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest fear is that the Company will be able to use medical information AGAINST employees like ME that are a pain in thier ass. Example......I have a messed up shoulder (thanks to Ford) and have had surgery on it, what is to stop them from looking at my X Rays and telling the Super. to put me on a job that is going to do more damage to me??? Then what are MY options? Going and getting a restriction would sound right, but they are the ones to decide if you get one or not. (unless your personal Dr gives you one..then its out the door NWA) This is a very slippery slope to be going down, and one the UAW should never ever let happen.

I just got one question, can I take my tripple whopper with mayo to the PHYSICAL ? can I eat while i take it ?

cause you know, I LOVE WHOPPERS.....

:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

dont worry dark, they wont even notice that whopper because they will have more concern of the gay sex and HIV you have.......... I am SURE that is mayo on that whopper :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Thats what they want .The premiums will just continue to rise.The opt out option is here since they know this is likely illeagal.This has nothing to do with job performance it is an invasion of privacy.Its purpose is to force you to pay more for ever decreasing health benefits.Unless your health prevents you from doing your job it is no one's business but your own what medical issues you may have.

Then don't opt out, doing it to try and lower their premiums, save money. If your worried than have one taken by your Doc also and compare. You can't do anything about it, take it or opt out, vote no, your choice. Everyone will make there own decision. I carry a class A CDL, and dot card, when they tell you no matter where you are they need a piss sample in 48 hours you do it. Or don't.

If this is mandated to improve health, does my wife and kids have to take it also? They are covered under Ford insurance. What about retirees that are covered under Ford insurance? I cant figure it out but there is more to this then what is being said and I dont trust it. Its not that I am in bad shape either, I dont drink, smoke or use drugs and I am not obeast! I cant see how this will save the company money and its the money burn that Ford is worried with and why they are asking us to take cuts in pay and bennies! I will vote no and hope they will go back to the table.

The issue is this, where does the job stop and my personal life begin?All they will be looking for are people who are overweight and people who smoke.These two groups will then be offered attitude adjustment classes or pay wht essentially amounts to a fine.Overweight people are discrimminated against ridiculed and scorned from childhood.I could play the 'asshole game' and say well how about drug screening and alcohol counseling but that would be doing something I just said that I am against.I do not feel that the company has a right to tell me what to do wityh my own body.It is humiliating.Couple stories,I am in the trades and a very large bolt on a machine needed to be broken free.We all tried but to no avail until a 300 + pounder got his hands on the wrench.Very Impressive,indeed.Some of you like to 'run people down' well go see him on a lonely spot on the plant floor and you tell him what his problem is,okay?I want to see it.What I will not see is how you got turned into a greasy blob on the floor.Must of slipped?We all have different body types.Mandatory Company Physicals are a dangerous concept.Now 'societies norms' can be enforced through your terms of employment.I show up like clockwork,do my job and go home.Until now anyways.

According to the pdf modification posted earlier, these will be done by our personal doctors, all hippa laws will be followed, & any info will not affect your employment in any way.

[/quo /////////////////////// response: It takes a little bit of independent thought to see through the manipulation of 'Safety Nazi`s'.The question is not,preventative medicine is bad for you.It is a question of personal freedom.Ford Motor is going to be my 'Daddy' and require me to take a yearly physical and further require me to attend 'wellness classes' where behavior will be modified,if necessary based on the results of the physical.I am told I will be reimbursed $25 dollars for my office visit.Problem is that my doctor charges $150 for an office visit.I am told I must take the physical once a year.My physician has told me I only need a physical once every two years.I could come into your house and judge you.I am sure you are doing something that is not safe or unhealthy.What type of speech is used in your home?Do you effectively discipline your children?Is your house clean?What are your ideas about the news you view on television?How are you raising your children?Own a gun?Religious affiliation?Anyways I am voting No.It is such an intrusion into my life.The Company has no right to force me to do this.I already take a general physical over at the plant clinic.This job can really knock the smile of an employee`s face.They will fucked to death

Edited by Fatso

Whatever your office co-pay is, Ford will pay it.

You are correct, but I don't think that them details are worked out. Currently if you have a PPO (I was wrong on the HMO it is PPO, sorry), physicals are not covered....they will have to figure out how it is going to get paid.

Edited by Captain723

If this is mandated to improve health, does my wife and kids have to take it also? They are covered under Ford insurance. What about retirees that are covered under Ford insurance? I cant figure it out but there is more to this then what is being said and I dont trust it. Its not that I am in bad shape either, I dont drink, smoke or use drugs and I am not obeast! I cant see how this will save the company money and its the money burn that Ford is worried with and why they are asking us to take cuts in pay and bennies! I will vote no and hope they will go back to the table.

Actually I was told that the company wanted premium sharing.....example: employees would pay the first $1000 and then the rest of the cost would be picked up by the company. So yes they could go back to the table, but this is what the company wanted. They also wanted your spouce and kids to get physicals and they told them to shove it.

Retirees do not need a physical from the company because they will be under the VEBA. Which is another point of interest to have physicals for our active members. This VEBA money has to last and if it is being used on catastrophic insurance that could have been treated and prevented, well that is just less money for the rest of us when we retire.

Again this will be our own doctor doing the physicals and there will be no drug screening.....has anyone ever had a drug screen when they had a check up from their doctor?? I really don't think so unless you asked to give you one!!

Whatever your office co-pay is, Ford will pay it.

No they won`t,,,they pay $25 max.I just find myself very principled against the idea in general.Fascism is a collaboration between corporations and government.My body is my privacy,my dignity.I do my job

Edited by Fatso

[/quo /////////////////////// response: It takes a little bit of independent thought to see through the manipulation of 'Safety Nazi`s'.The question is not,preventative medicine is bad for you.It is a question of personal freedom.Ford Motor is going to be my 'Daddy' and require me to take a yearly physical and further require me to attend 'wellness classes' where behavior will be modified,if necessary based on the results of the physical.I am told I will be reimbursed $25 dollars for my office visit.Problem is that my doctor charges $150 for an office visit.I am told I must take the physical once a year.My physician has told me I only need a physical once every two years.I could come into your house and judge you.I am sure you are doing something that is not safe or unhealthy.What type of speech is used in your home?Do you effectively discipline your children?Is your house clean?What are your ideas about the news you view on television?How are you raising your children?Own a gun?Religious affiliation?Anyways I am voting No.It is such an intrusion into my life.The Company has no right to force me to do this.I already take a general physical over at the plant clinic.This job can really knock the smile of an employee`s face.They will fucked to death

hey fatso, no one likes this idea, but it is better than giving up your health care. Again ask your family what they think and run the scenario by them and see what they say. I talked with some older workers and they can't see any problem with it. They are glad they get a free physical and real glad that they do not have to pay premiums for their health care coverage.

What i find ironic,is your freaking out about company physicals.

But nobody has a problem with the little healthcare piece in Obama's stimulus package.

Here's a little linky for you:

Visit My Website

I love these two parts.

One new bureaucracy, the National Coordinator of Health Information Technology, will monitor treatments to make sure your doctor is doing what the federal government deems appropriate and cost effective.

Elderly Hardest Hit

Daschle says health-care reform “will not be pain free.” Seniors should be more accepting of the conditions that come with age instead of treating them. That means the elderly will bear the brunt.

And everyone on here is worried about a company physical. :hysterical:

Oh,i forgot that the messiah Obama cares! :hysterical:

hey fatso, no one likes this idea, but it is better than giving up your health care. Again ask your family what they think and run the scenario by them and see what they say. I talked with some older workers and they can't see any problem with it. They are glad they get a free physical and real glad that they do not have to pay premiums for their health care coverage.

Of course some will like it,,,I don`t,,,,okay?How do figure the yearly physical is free?My physician charges $150 for an office visit and the company is only going to reimburse me $25.My physician says come in once every two years.What is Blue Cross going to cover if I show up every year?