VOTE NOW

musicman

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to bust anyones bubble, but the vast majority of Ford employees don't even post here, & many many of my co workers don't even know this site exists. Most of the people who post are usually the unhappy ones like us, any poll we do won't even faintly resemble the views of the membership

What question?????

Here is a question that needs answering:

The Rouge has many plants that have trades on an alternative work schedule. Some weeks we only work 3 days in the Mon to Sun pay period. Without the 1 1/4 on weekends or 1 1/2 after 8 hours, we will only get paid 34.5 hours that week.

Will we get short work week because of the suspension of the no OT until after 40 hours, or will our local alternative schedule stay the same and overrule the national contract?

Hey, Captain. What are the I-UAW people giving up?

How would I know???

I can tell you that they usually mirror the GM agreement!! Not sure on their last agreement, but I am pretty sure it is the same!! So if they give up wages/benefits/holidays, then the IUAW follows. Like I said what we get they get a yr later. Example, if we get an extra holiday, they get an extra a yr later, they negotiate after anything negotiated nationally. Remember they do not get profit sharing, banked vacation days for working holidays, christmas bonuses. They are already mandated to take a physical every year. There are some differences but they mirror the GM agreement. They gave up pensions/wages/insurance for anyone hired in beyond 2008!! So I am sure if we vote this agreement in then they will also be back at the table. Again when we were collecting 10k profit sharing checks, they did not get any of that. When one sacrtafices...all sacrafices. Ron is a lot different than previous leaders....whats good for the goose is good for the gander. Hope that helps answer the question.

By the way, I just got a copy of the agreement on Wed. and when I seen it without any explanation, I was a little skeptical. The more I read it, I am fine with it. There are some tough things to swallow in it, but if we would have patterned GM or Chrysler I am certain we would have all been up the creek. I am sure that the GM and Chrysler membership is greatful for what the Ford Negotiators came back with. I have a close friend at GM and they wanted to abolish their entire agreement.....hell, did you hear Wagner go public the day after they had an agreement and say the UAW didn't give enough......are you kidding me, no fking way would we have liked pattern from GM or Chrysler. I think Ron did an excellent job at going to Ford first. I heard Wagner was absolutely pissed!!

How would I know???

I can tell you that they usually mirror the GM agreement!! Not sure on their last agreement, but I am pretty sure it is the same!! So if they give up wages/benefits/holidays, then the IUAW follows. Like I said what we get they get a yr later. Example, if we get an extra holiday, they get an extra a yr later, they negotiate after anything negotiated nationally. Remember they do not get profit sharing, banked vacation days for working holidays, christmas bonuses. They are already mandated to take a physical every year. There are some differences but they mirror the GM agreement. They gave up pensions/wages/insurance for anyone hired in beyond 2008!! So I am sure if we vote this agreement in then they will also be back at the table. Again when we were collecting 10k profit sharing checks, they did not get any of that. When one sacrtafices...all sacrafices. Ron is a lot different than previous leaders....whats good for the goose is good for the gander. Hope that helps answer the question.

By the way, I just got a copy of the agreement on Wed. and when I seen it without any explanation, I was a little skeptical. The more I read it, I am fine with it. There are some tough things to swallow in it, but if we would have patterned GM or Chrysler I am certain we would have all been up the creek. I am sure that the GM and Chrysler membership is greatful for what the Ford Negotiators came back with. I have a close friend at GM and they wanted to abolish their entire agreement.....hell, did you hear Wagner go public the day after they had an agreement and say the UAW didn't give enough......are you kidding me, no fking way would we have liked pattern from GM or Chrysler. I think Ron did an excellent job at going to Ford first. I heard Wagner was absolutely pissed!!

Captain, is it true that you are an IUAW representative? I'm asking because I was told that you were and I was wondering if it was true or just idle gossip.

How would I know???

I can tell you that they usually mirror the GM agreement!! Not sure on their last agreement, but I am pretty sure it is the same!! So if they give up wages/benefits/holidays, then the IUAW follows.

Pretty sure the intentions where what are the International UAW rep's giving up, like in 2005 when we passed the first VEBA which included our last pay raise . Only to have a 3% pay raise voted on and pass at the June 2006 Con Con.

Maybe I am wrong but I think the question was more along those lines.

Thanks for the re-post.....really was not tied to negotiations, but I do know that the OT after 40 hrs was more tied to attendance than anything else. There was no change to the short work week language, so if you do not get enough hrs for the weeek through no fault of your own you will get short work week. Again, the company should not be playing games with this, but I am sure if they are anything like our plant salaried fks......I can see there little pea brains working trying to think of something that someone hasn't in order to get a "that a boy"!!

How would I know???

Why did Ron go to Congress and beg for Congress to give money to GM and Chrysler? This is either a scam or he is dumber then I thought he was. The big 3 bosses had closed door meetings with Congress and no UAW member. As far as I know the bosses asked for these conditions so we would feel like the union is doing us a favor in negotiating huge givebacks. The UAW leadership has been under a rock for the last 20 years and now they are negotiating for the company. Ron was a liability as a UAW President over the Ford division and now he is killing the whole union. If the UAW had any balls they would be hiring lawyers and chasing the big 3's assets overseas, bought with the money we made them in the U.S. and was supposed to be used to cover the expenses promised to the retirees.

I say NO!

Thanks for the re-post.....really was not tied to negotiations, but I do know that the OT after 40 hrs was more tied to attendance than anything else.

So, does this mean you are unsure if our alternative work schedule is now void, or you are unsure if it will be changed?

I don't work until tomorrow night. Not sure if anybody on afternoons is going to have this answer.

Pretty sure the intentions where what are the International UAW rep's giving up, like in 2005 when we passed the first VEBA which included our last pay raise . Only to have a 3% pay raise voted on and pass at the June 2006 Con Con.

Maybe I am wrong but I think the question was more along those lines.

Oh, I was actually at that Con Con and the reason they voted the raises in was because our leaders had worked since last Con Con with no raises or performance bonuses at all. Again the IUAW does not get some of the benefits that hourly workers get.....for good reason...they are part of the negotiation process and do not want any ties to the company at all......conflict of interest.

So did I agree with it at the time.....yes and no.....yes because they should have received it with everyone else, but because they are seperate from the Ford agreement and are on the UAW executive board they did not receive what the members received because their shit gets voted on only at Con Con........and no, only because of bad timing, they should have received it yrs earlier but this is the only time that it could have been voted on. I also think that it was just folded into their salary (not real sure, few yrs ago) So yes, bad timing, but the executive board has to wait for Con Con for things to be voted on. I tried to explain it the best I could......not sure if I did and actually really not sure if I have the process exactly correct, don't have my constitution on me!

Edited by Captain723

So, does this mean you are unsure if our alternative work schedule is now void, or you are unsure if it will be changed?

I don't work until tomorrow night. Not sure if anybody on afternoons is going to have this answer.

No, what I said was short work week has not changed and the alternative work week language has not changed!!! So yes I do not know!!! LOL! Who is your rep and I will try and have someone call him tomorrow or I cna get it for you and post tomorrow!!

Why did Ron go to Congress and beg for Congress to give money to GM and Chrysler? This is either a scam or he is dumber then I thought he was. The big 3 bosses had closed door meetings with Congress and no UAW member. As far as I know the bosses asked for these conditions so we would feel like the union is doing us a favor in negotiating huge givebacks. The UAW leadership has been under a rock for the last 20 years and now they are negotiating for the company. Ron was a liability as a UAW President over the Ford division and now he is killing the whole union. If the UAW had any balls they would be hiring lawyers and chasing the big 3's assets overseas, bought with the money we made them in the U.S. and was supposed to be used to cover the expenses promised to the retirees.

I say NO!

Actually Ron went to Washington because he sees more than just his needs....he sees and represents the entire UAW membership. He knows the ramifications of a bankruptcy.......contrary to some beliefs it is the worst case scenario for workers. He has seen it many times as a leader and knows our workers lose when company's go under. So he was there in our behalf to show that we will work hard at keeping our members gainfully employed and help protect our way of life and the benefits that we currently enjoy. You are not going to get an argument from me on the other half of your question, it is something that the UAW has been fighting for a long time. A better question would be, why does our government give money to the mexican government to help them in their economy and their poverty and the government then gives the money to company's to entice them to bring our work down to Mexico. That is actually a better question!!

As far as Ron being a liability.....I don't see anyone stepping up to the plate to eat what he is eating right now. It is easy to throw stones from a distance, but he has rolled up his sleeves time and time again and went to work....that is a true leader. Sorry, but I have to disagree!

Captain, is it true that you are an IUAW representative? I'm asking because I was told that you were and I was wondering if it was true or just idle gossip.

LOL......I stay gone for a bit and now I am back and get bombarded....WOW....sorry I was gone, but I have been extremely busy. After staying gone awhile, I really do not know how I kept up with all the threads!!! If you don't stay up on them it takes a long time to go through and read them....

How have you been Spring??

Hope you are all hanging in there!

LOL......I stay gone for a bit and now I am back and get bombarded....WOW....sorry I was gone, but I have been extremely busy. After staying gone awhile, I really do not know how I kept up with all the threads!!! If you don't stay up on them it takes a long time to go through and read them....

How have you been Spring??

Hope you are all hanging in there!

Hey Cappie, you know me, some things never change! lol :shades:

LOL....only 2 % of the members post on this site!!

According to the union only about 2% vote so hopefully the BON voters come thru. Listen up people, the four generations before me have fought to win what is in place today. Regardless of how you feel,show up and make your voice heard, whether it be a Saturday vote, Sunday vote, vote in a different location. Good Luck to all!!

Ford lost just over $14 billion, not $20 billion......................., and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Let them make an honest effort to sell other parts of their business like their other brands example (Mazda)Shouldn't that bring in some much needed cash. Allen has said that their is no need to ask the govt. for money so why should the UAW folks?

As someone said already. Get all the facts you can, then make a decision. There is wrong information on this forum as usual. Let me just clarify 1 or 2 of them. The physical exam issue is not shit. It is done by YOUR doctor and you have HIPPA protection, the info does not go back to the Company unless YOU choose. The seniority knocking low out of other plants. Not that simple. The high senior member must have an offer to an out of zone plant, if he chooses not to want to go to that job then he can bump the lowest senior member in Zone. Then that member has choices also. We have to look at the big picture, this is not just UAW vs FORD. If it was I would say fuck em also, but it is an a global economic crisis. Can we survive the way it is, that is the big question that no one really knows? My belief is though that the proposed agreement will protect EVERYONE under this agreement until 2011 which is when the "pro economists" say we will come out of this recession. I would believe that was the intentions by Ron. Get us through this recession, then we move forward again. If all works well we go back and get what we lost, in the 2011 negotiations. Just my 2 cents. Lets all remember this is not the first time the UAW has taken concessions. It is what it is.

The concessions will pass regardless of the vote.Think Mr.Ford is going to let a bunch of lower class human beings force his company into bankruptcy?Think the UAW is gonna gived up collecting dues?We can count the votes on this forum but not at the ballot box.