Local 249

daddydave1970

I don't think the rumor of three Saturdays in June is true but thats why they call them rumors. July shutdown will be the first two weeks of July with production returning the 17th. Then I believed their is a Sat scheduled the 29th of July. I stopped by labor relations today and was told that 300+ have signed up so far with 21 of them being tradesman. Hope this helps.

Question. when is your last day to sign up?

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the rumor of three Saturdays in June is true but thats why they call them rumors. July shutdown will be the first two weeks of July with production returning the 17th. Then I believed their is a Sat scheduled the 29th of July. I stopped by labor relations today and was told that 300+ have signed up so far with 21 of them being tradesman. Hope this helps.

Man,I hope their will be enough room for everyone from slap that wants to go.I thought there would be a lot more than that.I know you guys still got about a week left to sign up so maybe there is still hope.Thanks for all the info that you continue to provide for us here in St.Louis.

Been staying busy trying to get my house ready for the next owner. My kids are on the computer most of the time so I only get to use it once or twice a day. Trying to enjoy the calm before the storm. :rockon:

I hear ya, and i know what you mean about being able to get on the comp, the worse thing I could've ever done was download Rhapsody, (like Napster)!

Does anyone know what the Claycomo buyout number is up to so far? When is the last day to sign up? Thanks.

The last day to sign up is May 31st. The number of people signed (as well as the number of packages being offered) is in a sealed vault buried beneath Fort Knox under the protection of the 101st Airborne Division.

In other words, it's just like everything else Ford does, ONE BIG SECRET!!!

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

For what its worth.........I hear alot of people saying cut that check, cut that check like they're anxious to be rid of Ford. I just wanted to say that I'm anxious as well but only because I have an oppurntunity in another great career. If I do get the buyout I will miss Ford and all the friends I have made there and will continue to keep up with them and the company and still be loyal to Ford. Ford has been a big part of my life for 13 years and if not for them I would not have accomplished the things that I have at such an early age as I was 20 when I hired on. If I don't get the buyout I will look forward to putting in the rest of my time.

Have a nice Memorial Day weekend all :bandance:

I hear ya, and i know what you mean about being able to get on the comp, the worse thing I could've ever done was download Rhapsody, (like Napster)!

OK I know who Cassidy is but Pointy from PPA and all the other Lou people, Well anyway keep me posted im number 43.

The last day to sign up is May 31st. The number of people signed (as well as the number of packages being offered) is in a sealed vault buried beneath Fort Knox under the protection of the 101st Airborne Division.

In other words, it's just like everything else Ford does, ONE BIG SECRET!!!

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Time to break out the bunker busters.................. :devil::speedie: :slug:

????????

I do not think it will void it since it was already filed and you have a case pending. I have been going through something similar. They tried to scrap mine when the buyout deadline passed but I contacted my attorney and got everything back on track. Do not be suprised if they try it to you as well. The fact is if you have it already filed they have to proceed to a close whether you are still under their employ or not.

Sweet I hope so. I talked to my attorney and looked at the signup sheet I signed and didn't seemed to worried about it. She's trying to speed up the process but between MO and Ford its taking forever :finger:

I know the feeling I started the process last year around August over my elbow and they finally approved surgery for June 14. I sure it will be another year after that before it is all settled.

I just heard from a committeeman friend that a list was out and the union didn't agree with it so it was taken down or vice versa :shrug: and that it may not be out til the end of next week now

I heard today that they only put a list out for July and Aug. and they are going by plant seniority. I was also told the union only wants to give 500 buy-outs and the company wants to give everyone who signed one. They can't agree on anything. The union is concern with giving people unpaid days off verses letting people take the buy-out. The union doesn't want to cut too many people and not have enough to cover days off... I also heard there is 4 different list out there and none are accurate on where you stand on them... :shrug: