Local 249

daddydave1970

We also get moving allowance from Ford ABOVE the $45000. The amount is based on your dependent status. If you are married, or have kids moving with you, you get more. Since our plant closed we also get an extra $1000 moving expenses. We must report to SLAP Labor relations when we recieve notice of our start date. An individual with moving dependents should recieve approx. $5100 total, above the $45,000 incentive. This was explained clearly at our transfer sign up meeting. You can also confirm it with anyone that took the incentive for CAP, Flatrock, or other locations offered with incentives. As far as TRA moving expenses, I am waiting to hear back from the TRA rep. He thought we would get it, but I have my doubts.

You do get the extra moving $$$, I transfered to Flatrock 2 yrs ago from Slap and got it, think it was about $1800 for single. Good luck in KC, wish we had that choice 2 yrs ago. MICHIGAN SUCKS :censored::sos:

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard talk that since Million dollar man was here in kc that the company wants to get rid of the hey boys?/ Is this true? if so why wouldn't they have enough buy-outs for everybody? My understanding is the Fps cord. and they hey boys are going to be combine into one... So if that happenes then were even more over rolls... Any truth to that? :shrug:

I have heard talk that since Million dollar man was here in kc that the company wants to get rid of the hey boys?/ Is this true? if so why wouldn't they have enough buy-outs for everybody? My understanding is the Fps cord. and they hey boys are going to be combine into one... So if that happenes then were even more over rolls... Any truth to that? :shrug:

What is a heyboy? I have never heard of such, except from you guy's at Kcap. Just curious what they are and what they do. Could they be the boss's favorite? Or maybe their whipping boy. Any help gladly appreciated. :rockon:

What is a heyboy? I have never heard of such, except from you guy's at Kcap. Just curious what they are and what they do. Could they be the boss's favorite? Or maybe their whipping boy. Any help gladly appreciated. :rockon:

They are the "leadman", they give bathroom calls and cover people who have to go to medical.

They are the "leadman", they give bathroom calls and cover people who have to go to medical.

Thanks Dave,We were called utility group#3's at Slap. We also sent people home when there were extra. Hope things are working out for you and your vacation to St'Louis is a great one. Remeber Grants Farm you get two free beers there and it is free to get in ( need to make reservations). The bud horses and other animals are also there ,fun for the whole family. Be safe and see you guy's soon in K.C. :rockon:

This is the latest update from local 325 website

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important Notice

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Dear Employee,

In the next few days the Company will be mailing out information about the transfer opportunities to KCAP. Your tentative report date to transfer to the Kansas City Assembly Plant will be on this letter .

The letter will have the following details; there will be a 3-day mandatory training session for all Kansas City transfers on July 17-19, 2006. The training will be from 6:00am-2:30pm (Monday-Wednesday) at the UAW Local 325 Union Hall, 9144 Pershall Road. You will complete your moving allowance application at this time, if needed.

All transfer opportunities are contingent on Kansas City Assembly employees executing their retirement or termination packages and final review of St. Louis medically restricted employees.

Nonskilled Report Dates to Kansas City Assembly

The company will transfer 32 Non skilled per week starting the week of July 24,2006 until all transfers are complete

Below is the list for Skilled Trades and the employees transferring have been contacted and issued their report dates.

Skilled Trades Report Dates to Kansas City Assembly

Date /Trade /Total

July 3 Power House Engineer 1

July 17 Toolmaker 2

July 17 Inspector Tooling and Layout 2

(Filled by Toolmaker classification)

July 3 Millwright 1

July 17 Millwright 3

July 3 Pipefitter 1

July 17 Pipefitter 4

July 31 Pipefitter 1

August 7 Pipefitter 1

July 17 Electrician 4

Grand Total 20

We are still working on other details of the transfer as when those details become available we will post it here on this web site and contact you will all new information.

Vacation Shut Down

All employees currently in Gen pool or on PRL (Pre Retirement Leave) will be taking the mandatory Vacation shut down July 3-9 and July 10-16. Check will be issued and sent to your home June 29,2006. Anyone currently in layoff status will not be using vacation time.

latest update on the UAW Local 325 website

We also get moving allowance from Ford ABOVE the $45000. The amount is based on your dependent status. If you are married, or have kids moving with you, you get more. Since our plant closed we also get an extra $1000 moving expenses. We must report to SLAP Labor relations when we recieve notice of our start date. An individual with moving dependents should recieve approx. $5100 total, above the $45,000 incentive. This was explained clearly at our transfer sign up meeting. You can also confirm it with anyone that took the incentive for CAP, Flatrock, or other locations offered with incentives. As far as TRA moving expenses, I am waiting to hear back from the TRA rep. He thought we would get it, but I have my doubts.

Talked to TRA Rep. today. We may or may not get TRA moving allowance. Everyone should apply with their TRA rep once we have tentative return date. Staying with the same company has no impact on TRA moving allowance, however, Ford moving expenses paid to us may exempt us from TRA moving allowance. Good luck and see ya in KC!!!!

Monday, the local 325 chairman started calling skilled trades people who have production time to see if if they wanted to transfer as production workers. KCAP dosent have any more skilled trades openings so they are giving them a chance of keeping a job.

Dorothy Jones was the name of the lady I spoke to today. 636-278-1360 ext 223 is her number. I'm just going by what she told me today. It doesn't make sense to me that we'd get both but I'll take free money any day. I asked her straight up if I'd get it even with Ford paying me to move and she told me yes. Of course, that answer is subject to change like everything else we've been told but alas, it was wrong. Seems they've never done some of this stuff before. Go figure.

Also, the Ford moving allowance is $2700 for single and $4100 for married. That includes the additional $1000 for the plant closing event. This is all in addition to the $45,000 special transfer incentive.

Monday, the local 325 chairman started calling skilled trades people who have production time to see if if they wanted to transfer as production workers. KCAP dosent have any more skilled trades openings so they are giving them a chance of keeping a job.

Is that #1 or #100? Looks like you could use a little more work on your crossword puzzles: APPRENTICE. At the rate we are going at KC it might take awhile to even start over here pup, sorry, besides the #1 millright started another thread about this, all of you guys #1?

Yeah i got mine today, it came with the application for moving allowance. My date is july 31st

Cool then mine should be in the mail Monday :) I was called and told my date was 7-31 also. Finally some closure, now if only I could sell my house :)