Fusion - Accord - Mazda 6 Comparo

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked back today. My comments are no longer "waiting for moderator approval", but have now been deleted. I've never seen anything so horrid. Journalism? HA!!!

I did see P's comment, though. I would honestly love to kick his ass. Not figuratively, but literally beat his ass.

Matt is a tool and will always be a tool. No amount of arguing or an asskicking will ever change that. It's genetic.

I have the new C&D mag at home. Judging by the interiors, the Fusion is behind the Accord and Mazda6. As far as handling, they pointed out that the Fusion has the softest ride, and most up and down motion during cornering. In other words, not as tight or damped as the Mazda6 and Accord. Fusion also scored low on the 'funmeter'. Given that and Accord's reputation for quality, did you really think the Fusion was going to be #1? Those expectations are unrealistic.

I own a Fusion SE 4cyl auto, and prior to buying, I drove an 06 Accord 4cyl auto and thought it was a better, more refined car than the Fusion, but more expensive. I guess you get what you pay for. But the Fusion has been decent, maybe this new one will be better.

Well of course the interior of the Fusion lagged, it was the least equipped. I also find it funny how the softly sprung Fusion kept up with the Accord in most of their instrumented testing, only to be held back by Ford's stability control system.

Who cares about the Accord's reputation for quality? It doesn't mean that every Accord thereafter is built to the same standard. The new Accord is a step back in the wrong direction, both in size and interior layout.

I'll take Stupid for $400, Alex.

This Ann Arbor based magazine sets the bar an all time low in journalistic integrity, featuring truck comparisons based on acceleration with no towing or work, nonsensical rating scales and a general lack of understanding that some vehicles are built without the intension being the ultimate track car.

No they couldn't because you can't get a manual in the SEL. It's SE only, and you can't get leather with the SE. Not that I like defending C&D......

As in, Ford doesn't offer the car they want. And even if they did, they don't always think when deciding which cars to put in the press fleet.

FWIW, the new front end does look awful on the blue car in the photos.

As in, Ford doesn't offer the car they want. And even if they did, they don't always think when deciding which cars to put in the press fleet.

What's the take rate on a 4 cylinder, manual, family car? I'm not excusing the lack of a manual in the SEL, but if the take rate is so small it makes no sense to produce vehicles that will sit around dealer lots and collect dust.

Edited by Michael Reynolds

So the huge difference in price shouldn't be factored in? Or even mentioned? This is horrid journalism, and the deletion of comments by people pointing out their error is shameful. With you writing for TTAC, I'm not surprised that you're defending this time of crap.

Traction control can be disabled, but according to the 2010 fusion owner's guide, stability control cannot.

Hopefully it's like the system in the '10 Mustang. It takes some fiddling with buttons to get it completely disabled, but it can be done. Of course, in a car like the Fusion, I'm not sure why you'd want to turn it off.

The comment listed by Matt is clearly one of a hater. The issue here is that the FORD hater is allowed to voice his American car hating self and those that go against the Jap huggers aren't.

The Honda is ugly. The Honda is undesireable to me personally. The Honda is expensive. The Honda is only .5 seconds quicker acceleration wise. Most people who buy Hondas don't buy sticks anyway, and those that do don't know how to actually drive one so that is a non-issue. It really boils down to what a person likes. If you're a Honda hugger, you're going to pay the extra $6,000 to get your Honda. If you are interested in getting a vehicle that actually has a personality, some looks and goes just about as fast as the $6k+ Honda, you'll make that choice. I for one will never own a Honda so sail mine right back to Japan where it came from.

:happy feet:

No they couldn't because you can't get a manual in the SEL. It's SE only, and you can't get leather with the SE. Not that I like defending C&D......

which kinda drives home the value for money nail even further, in fact, its countersunk, Spackled, textured ANDpainted to match.........

The comment listed by Matt is clearly one of a hater. The issue here is that the FORD hater is allowed to voice his American car hating self and those that go against the Jap huggers aren't.

The Honda is ugly. The Honda is undesireable to me personally. The Honda is expensive. The Honda is only .5 seconds quicker acceleration wise. Most people who buy Hondas don't buy sticks anyway, and those that do don't know how to actually drive one so that is a non-issue. It really boils down to what a person likes. If you're a Honda hugger, you're going to pay the extra $6,000 to get your Honda. If you are interested in getting a vehicle that actually has a personality, some looks and goes just about as fast as the $6k+ Honda, you'll make that choice. I for one will never own a Honda so sail mine right back to Japan where it came from.

:happy feet:

:hysterical: "Matt" used to post here as "P71 Crown Vic". you may hear him mentioned from time to time. He was booted for being a perpetual pain in the arse. Not only am I a member of his fan club, I'm the president.

hey my comment ( my alias was The Consumer ) actually remained...SHOCKER.....

That's 'cause you're always so PC, Dean. Comin' from Cali and all. :shades:

:hysterical: "Matt" used to post here as "P71 Crown Vic". you may hear him mentioned from time to time. He was booted for being a perpetual pain in the arse. Not only am I a member of his fan club, I'm the president.

first thing C & D and the like critisize when it comes to reveiws of domestics is PRICE, but then again STUPID Ford supplies them with King Ranches, Flex ALL WHELL DRIVE Limiteds and whater ever tetters at the top of the TOTALLY un-necessary food chain....for some reason a STANDARD comment ( if domestic ) in the LOWS section is HIGH PRICE...once again the ports get ANOTHER hall pass....i SERIOUSLY hope people see that comment and go HMMMMMM, same price and 41 mpgs AND better resale.....because, as it once again seems, mag scribes are clueless ....

wouldn't say that 100%, Matt and I had some doozies...even Richard told me off....Nick told me to calm down...LOL! he had some "interesting" logic sometimes...sometimes his points were extremely valid if overexagerated to underline distempt.

Hopefully it's like the system in the '10 Mustang. It takes some fiddling with buttons to get it completely disabled, but it can be done. Of course, in a car like the Fusion, I'm not sure why you'd want to turn it off.

I would consider taking my Sport to a road course to run alternate to my '97 Cobra. The stablility would definately need to be disabled. On the new F-150, you can hold down the advancetrac button and it fully disables, but in the car line that's usually not the case, I will find out soon.

I figure if not, someone will come up with a way around it (like pulling a fuse)...

that rag C/D isn,t worth the poor tree,s that died for it. look at how thin it is then pick up the latest 5.0 magazine and feel the heft in it!!!!! it,s a crap mag no one pays attention to. along the lines of such worthless magazines as motor /tripe. lousy magazines that outlived their usefullness years and years ago. i wouldn,t lose much sleep over anything they wrote since only about 5000 people will ever even read it in the first place!!!