Saline transfers

Milan Chick

I am hoping one of you can explain this to me. Because I certainly don't understand it. They opened up these Saline jobs for the Ford workers. So many workers from Dearborn, AAI....whatever are transferring to Saline....for a year and 1/2 or so. So with all the people who left Dearborn, etc. they will have to replace their jobs. So I am assuming I will see jobs opening up at these plants and will be able to bid on them (I am at Milan obviously). So lets say I get to to to DTP. I work there until they let go of the Saline plant Ford people. Now, what happens to me? Would I stay at DTP? or would I be kicked out by possibly a lower seniority person? Don't they lose their seniority also by transferring to Saline? I just don't understand how that would work and I don't understand why they would want to keep moving people around all the time.

I am hoping one of you can explain this to me. Because I certainly don't understand it. They opened up these Saline jobs for the Ford workers. So many workers from Dearborn, AAI....whatever are transferring to Saline....for a year and 1/2 or so. So with all the people who left Dearborn, etc. they will have to replace their jobs. So I am assuming I will see jobs opening up at these plants and will be able to bid on them (I am at Milan obviously). So lets say I get to to to DTP. I work there until they let go of the Saline plant Ford people. Now, what happens to me? Would I stay at DTP? or would I be kicked out by possibly a lower seniority person? Don't they lose their seniority also by transferring to Saline? I just don't understand how that would work and I don't understand why they would want to keep moving people around all the time.

the people going to saline are not transferring they are on loan and when there home plant wants them back they must go, you should have signed up for saline it is a great place to work.

the people going to saline are not transferring they are on loan and when there home plant wants them back they must go, you should have signed up for saline it is a great place to work.

So, then what happens to me if I am at DTP replacing the person who went to Saline? (this is all hypothetical by the way, I am not leaving Milan unless I see something great come up or they boot me out) I am just curious to know how all this works.

I am glad Saline is a breath of fresh air for many of you who have went. I am even happier to hear that the people have been welcoming and friendly. This whole process of transferring and closing plants has been so stressful on everyone. It's no fun to walk into a place with shitty jobs and shitty people to go along with it. I am glad I didn't transfer to Saline though and I will tell you why. Being at Milan, I feel is no different than being at Saline. Both are great places to work. So for me to leave a good job for another good job (Both not technically FORD plants either) doesn't make sense to me. I had the seniority to go, however, I just would of shot someone else's chance to get out of a shitty job and into a great plant. Though I can't help to wonder what someone is thinking, who has worked in the assembly plants the whole time and just transferring to Saline......what do they think? I am also happy for these people who will get a taste of the "good life" for a change. LOL!

Its a good question you ask. At some Ford facilities the people leaving to go Saline have less senority than the people coming in. They haven't told the people at the Ford facilities that they are only loaned to the building. Its going to be a mess when everything pans out. :finger:

Yeah, it just doesn't make sense to me at all. I couldn't understand why they would want to keep moving people around unnecessarily. I mean, why would I flowback now? It would only be replacing the new Saline people. Just to be kicked out when they return by someone with less seniority.....possibly. They told us at Milan if we leave, we aren't coming back pretty much. I just have a hard time believing that they are holding everyone's job at all the Ford plants for the new Saline plant workers. Something seems fishy to me.....

Edited by Milan Chick

Yeah, it just doesn't make sense to me at all. I couldn't understand why they would want to keep moving people around unnecessarily. I mean, why would I flowback now? It would only be replacing the new Saline people. Just to be kicked out when they return by someone with less seniority.....possibly. They told us at Milan if we leave, we aren't coming back pretty much. I just have a hard time believing that they are holding everyone's job at all the Ford plants for the new Saline plant workers. Something seems fishy to me.....

I don't believe you will have a chance to back-fill the openings you are talking about, unless you were in jsp or will soon be on ILO. I hope this helps, this is what was told to us at the time of the postings.

I don't believe you will have a chance to back-fill the openings you are talking about, unless you were in jsp or will soon be on ILO. I hope this helps, this is what was told to us at the time of the postings.

So your saying, they are not going to replace the people that left?

So your saying, they are not going to replace the people that left?

From what i was told by labor relations, they will be forcing the people out of gen by senority. Ford has to empty it before they can close it officially. Then when the loan process to saline is finished, those employee's report back to their home plants for jobs-availible. The people who replaced them will be put into ILO, or offered opportunities in other plants, "If their's any place to go at the end of this cluster F#$k!!!

From what i was told by labor relations, they will be forcing the people out of gen by senority. Ford has to empty it before they can close it officially. Then when the loan process to saline is finished, those employee's report back to their home plants for jobs-availible. The people who replaced them will be put into ILO, or offered opportunities in other plants, "If their's any place to go at the end of this cluster F#$k!!!

I wonder how many people were in JSP then. Was it the same amount of people who went to Saline? If it's relatively close, that would make more sense to me.

I wonder how many people were in JSP then. Was it the same amount of people who went to Saline? If it's relatively close, that would make more sense to me.

I'm not sure if the loan out process is still posted, but at www.uaw892.org the saline local had the process, and procedures posted. With that said, it stated the number of people being moved to that location was dictated by the number of folks in the jobs bank. I would love to know the actual number of people who are in the jobs bank nation-wide. I believe they were using the number of people in the jobs bank in the in-zone circle, which i beleive is a 50 mile radious. But don't quote me on that number.

we have to remember that this is all indicative of fords success. As of the 16th all the people in jsp will be in ilo status. The objective is to fill open spots til '11. We hope to have great sales by then. no promises though.

A posting should be going up to the JSP employees in SE Michigan soon (next week?) to backfill those slated to go to Saline from all the SE Michigan plants. If there aren't enough people signing up on the posting, the low seniority JSP will be forced into openings.

If you bid on a job at DTP to backfill a person LOANED to Saline, you will be LOANED to DTP. Whenever Saline is done with the LOANED employees (if they close or sell the plant for example), these employees will return to their home plants. So in your example, the DTP employee who was loaned to Saline would come back & you would go back to your plant.

Many things can affect this in the meantime though... like buyouts or other movement of people. Maybe within a year, DTP will need to keep the 100 or so that is will be posting for backfills, even when the Saline loans come back.

I signed up for Saline prior to the announcement that new jobs were coming into Rawsonville. I asked a Committee Person if we would go back to Rawsonville when those new jobs come in. I was told that if anyone is laid off during the time jobs came in AND there is work available at Saline, they will fill the positions at Rawsonville with those laid off first and we would remain at Saline. If we're still at Saline and it closes, sells etc.. we will go back to our home plants by bumping lowest seniority.

Don't forget, As soon as the deal's for Milan and Sheldon are backed out of, They are next to have blue loaned in there.

SRP has just been told that Valeo is again stepping back and reexamining their venture to buy part of Sheldon Road. We've been told that this could be the end of it. Personally I think the cost along with the logistics of moving 28+ inj. mold presses and all of hvac assembly to a brownfield site is too much to coordinate with Fords' prod. schedules. After all even in these times, most depts are only down 1-2 weeks b-4 they return to work. It will take more than that to move a press 20 some miles away, set & reassemble it, plumb the power sources and get it up and running properly to feed a prod schedule. Valeo should have just bought the whole thing, land , building, assets. They could have outsouced Alum.operations if they didnt want them. Oh well life goes on.

SRP has just been told that Valeo is again stepping back and reexamining their venture to buy part of Sheldon Road. We've been told that this could be the end of it. Personally I think the cost along with the logistics of moving 28+ inj. mold presses and all of hvac assembly to a brownfield site is too much to coordinate with Fords' prod. schedules. After all even in these times, most depts are only down 1-2 weeks b-4 they return to work. It will take more than that to move a press 20 some miles away, set & reassemble it, plumb the power sources and get it up and running properly to feed a prod schedule. Valeo should have just bought the whole thing, land , building, assets. They could have outsouced Alum.operations if they didnt want them. Oh well life goes on.

Valeo doesn't want SRP cause it's contaminated with oil, not to mention the FORD employees that are left making 30 bucks an hour. I was told there were 150 or so, but I don't think that number is correct, I think more along the lines of 75.

I used to work at SRP and I wish I never signed the form to flow back. It was the worst thing I ever did in my life. If you go to Dearborn you are simply fucked. Unless your a female cause they don't seem to give females any hard jobs in these plants. I see all of them walking around doing just about nothing or if they are on a line they ain't doing shit.

Believe me I am not against female labor (everyone has to work) but females can use a hoist and lift. I guess if your of small stature you will luck out wherever you go. I really don't believe in equal pay tho for the work because us guys bust our asses in these plants. I can see equal pay in the executive office job fields but not in these factories. (many girls will hate me now but I don't care).

Simple fact is, if you land in Dearborn you better hope you land in either Body or Paint. If you land in Final, chassis or frame you are fucked.

I wanna also say that local 600 is a joke, don't expect to represented by anyone sober. Or if you do, don't expect anyone to follow policies for you.. Saline's workers will be there for almost 4 years, I was told this by upper people at local 600 (even they are hard to believe), but after Saline shuts down and those people return to their home plants, the people with less sen will be offered other spots elsewhere. But when that time comes who knows what they will do. Gen pool may be back by then!..

THIS MESSAGE GOES OUT TO BILL FORD JR.

HOW CAN YOU SAVE MONEY WHEN YOU DON'T ELIMINATE OVERHEAD BILL???

HOW CAN YOU RUN A PRODUCTIVE SYSTEM WHEN YOUR MOVING EVERYONE AROUND???

HOW CAN MAKE A QUALITY PRODUCT WHEN THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE DIFFERENT ON A JOB???

HOW CAN YOUR LINES RUN IN PEACE WHEN YOU HAVE ASSHOLE SUPERVISORS RUNNING THE SHOW???

I have many more HOW's but I have no time, it's Fri night and I don't wanna think about you anymore till Tues.

Have a nice day!

PS

OH, if you wanna hire me and pay me a couple million a year with stock options I will turn your company around without getting rid of UAW jobs!. I have ideas only you and your high paid execs could only dream about. "It's called a profitable business".

Does anyone know what the last (lowest) seniority date was for Saline tranfers for this week ending on the 13th? Last week it was Sep 13 1993. We were off this week at AAI, and labor did not post it as of Fri afternoon. Within 4 weeks we are going to lose about 100 people from Trim and Final and they will have to give us some workers from the dismantled gen pool so we can have enough people to run!

Well I have 95 sen, and I heard only 1 or two groups went so far. There is about 650 people and I am 323 on the list so figure it out from there. Some might be shafted like myself but I don't care weather I go or not, all pays the same to me but I hope they do move me. I really do not like Dearborn at all for many reasons.

I think 1998 is the cutoff but I'm not sure. If you have 95 or more sen expect to be sent by the end of this month or middle to end of April.

Also for any of you guys ending up at the Body plant, if you get placed on the Door loading/hanging job, don't put up with no bullshit from the supervisor, she is a bitch and I heard the day shift one is an even bigger bitch. Don't let them bird dog you and try to intimidate you. They have already been taken to Labor for harassment and given time off, they are on thin Ice I think and I'm sure they are not looking to lose their job so don't let them play games with you.

The training process at DTP, Body plant in specific is a joke, they throw you on the job and expect you to do every other truck that comes by, and believe me they come by every 43 secs, so if your hanging doors which is the worst job on the line, you better be in shape for it cause it is a bitch. Also if your loading doors in that same work area it is also a bitch, you have to put 2 bolts together, load them in a fixture, place the door hinge in the fixture then load the door on the track (60Lbs) place 2 stickers on the door and hit the button then do the other door, so your going back and forth from crew cab to regular cab trucks and one runs faster then the other, they do 2-3 crew cabs to every regular cab. It is not fun and I feel sorry for anyone that lands on those jobs (right or left sides).

Anyway.. I hope I was able to shed some light on the worst job of the body plant. As I go to Saline I will pray for you all!..

:shades:

Edited by chuckie

We have gotten 135 people in the last three weeks. Another 35 is coming in this week. I don't know the cut of seniority for this week. Last week we got 93's. You will like Saline, great place to work, nice people for the most part, even the worst job is better than assy.

We are one of the plants that is called the "country club". Welcome to the "club"