It's Official: The Contract Changes Have Passed

So now that it's passed, what now? What does everyone think is going to happen? The Obama auto committee is in Detroit today to drive the Volt from GM and look at the business. Do you believe the government is going to coast us through this time and save our collective asses like they are the banks, or let us die? I'm just curious what people are thinking about our future.

You know what's crazy? If you go to the yahoo main page there is always the top news stories posted there. Now I am aware there are some articles like the one in the Free Press floating around, but I have yet to see the news about the contract modifications passing on any of the big news putter-outers like the yahoo or MSN page. You'd think that would be big news.In fact, I noticed a headline on the Yahoo page that says "Martha Stewart's dog dies in propane explosion at kennel", but no news of the UAW taking a hit for the sake of saving their jobs. I can only imagine that if the modifications had NOT passed that it would be splattered all over the news pages with "UAW thumbs nose at Ford with contract modification rejection in bad economy" or the like. Unless it's bad news about us, they don't want to print it! BASTARDS!!!

You know what's crazy? If you go to the yahoo main page there is always the top news stories posted there. Now I am aware there are some articles like the one in the Free Press floating around, but I have yet to see the news about the contract modifications passing on any of the big news putter-outers like the yahoo or MSN page. You'd think that would be big news.In fact, I noticed a headline on the Yahoo page that says "Martha Stewart's dog dies in propane explosion at kennel", but no news of the UAW taking a hit for the sake of saving their jobs. I can only imagine that if the modifications had NOT passed that it would be splattered all over the news pages with "UAW thumbs nose at Ford with contract modification rejection in bad economy" or the like. Unless it's bad news about us, they don't want to print it! BASTARDS!!!

It was on the front page of Yahoo for me a little bit ago.

The economy will be better, let's all look towards the future. I'm no longer listening to my own gloom and doom, I decided to have a better attitude. I looked at some of my grandfather's stuff- he helped to found the union at GM- and they went through SO much.

Ok, we know it's going to be rough but we also know it's going to be better. It's just a matter of how long this takes.

Hang in there my friends.

So when does it take effect?

I think it takes effect on the 16th at least I read that somewhere. It said that the JSP would be all done on the 16th. They had to have the results by today at the latest, this gives them this week.

What will be interesting at Saline is that the "orange/visteon" employees still get full break periods, while the Ford workers next to them get the reduced time. I am not sure about the Monday after Easter.

This is really going to cause some confusion and a mess.

The company will probably just screw the temps even further by forcing the modifications on them without giving them a vote.

The economy will be better, let's all look towards the future. I'm no longer listening to my own gloom and doom, I decided to have a better attitude. I looked at some of my grandfather's stuff- he helped to found the union at GM- and they went through SO much.

Ok, we know it's going to be rough but we also know it's going to be better. It's just a matter of how long this takes.

i truely think if we can just make it til Christmas....then things will start to turn then...hearin alot of good things about the new Super Duty thats comin once the Navistar contract expires.....with the two new diesel engines.....if its true.....boy ohhhh boy they are goin to sell!!!!.....lol

i truely think if we can just make it til Christmas....then things will start to turn then...hearin alot of good things about the new Super Duty thats comin once the Navistar contract expires.....with the two new diesel engines.....if its true.....boy ohhhh boy they are goin to sell!!!!.....lol

You are right and Dec is 9 months away. A lot of the economy forecasters think that growth will start in a few months with Obama's plan.

It's rough, we make about half of what we made last year. We don't go out to eat, buy things we don't need, etc.

Once the credit markets open, things will be better.

now this is just speculation and no one can honestly tell u that it will turn around....but with the new Super Duties that are comin with the new diesels will(what we were told) get 30 mpg in one and 25 mpg with 600 pounds of torque!!!!.....and that almost unbelieveable to hear comin from a Super Duty...so thats what makes me BELIEVE that FORD will start to turn back around...and the facts are in the sales of the F-Series sales.....not just Super Duties.....with 30-35% of Fords profitibility comes from F-Series....then u add that the incentives that the Obama plan is giving for buyin new vehicles....then add in the money that all the contractors are goin to get from the Obama plan and the tax credit they get for business to tax write offs for buyin vehicles....so...i dont know about u....but if i where in those contractors shoes i would buy the BEST....the bonus is just the MPG and money they save.....lol....who knows....maybe there are custumers out there that already knows whats comin so they are waitin for that product....waiting for Fords Toughest.....lmao

but these are just few reasons why i think it will start to turn back around...and yes...like i said.....it is speculation....but if i dont have high hopes for Ford and the UAW...i might as well take the buy out and move on to somethin else...i would hate to start over somewhere else before i see what happens here....plus im still buyin the stock....so if it does turn around i will have my own buy out plan.....lmao!!!!....figure if it doesnt turn around i have more to worry about than the stock market.....lol.....think of it just goin to the gambling boat and gambling away a few dollars a week or lottery tickets....and if ur number hits.....ull be sittin pretty nice!!!

back to the thread topic:

i was bein told that if it DIDNT pass then everyone with 15 years or less would have had some serious risk of losing thier job....at least this way....with it passin....they may have a better chance....we dont have to only look out for our retired brother and sisters.....but ALL of our brother and sisters....so im here till the end!!! :titanic: ????

just keep high hopes and not just look at/for the negative stuff.... :banghead:;)

:fan:

I ask two questions: where are the consumers who can buy these things any more? When will middle class buying power recover? I don't see it for years. The wealthy have now cornered it all and they aren't giving it up.

So.......Your solution to the crisis is..............what?

:fan:

So.......Your solution to the crisis is..............what?

Well I along with everyone else I can only guess. But from what I have seen and from what most of the econmists have said is the gov cannot spend it way to prosperity. It take private business to do that. The gov can help but only temporarily. Obama in so many words has declared that business is problem, that government is the great unifier of the masses.. FDR and Hoover both tried the interventionist route it failed it will fail this time as well.

we are spending money like a drunken sailor in a whore house and apparantly no one or damned few in DC is concerned.

has anyone noticed that what we are doing now was declared unconstitional by the Supreme court during FDRs term.

a true optomist. Sorry I tend to stay in the real world. I am not sure we have the time to wait for the golden days to return.