A Chair Worth of My Butt

A Chair Worthy of My Butt!

I am an old guy, driven a couple of million miles yada yada yada. Just your average consumer in years gone by that had completely given up on Ford; because of sub standard service and sub standard POS products.

So during the 80’s and 90’s I went to Toyota’s and Honda’s and could not be happier. My closest Toyota, Lexus, Honda, and Acura dealers have all got to be the “Best Dealers in the World” – And they still are!

But in 2004 I got a 8,500 lb boat, so that meant a truck. Got a 2004 F150 $52,000 – yep you guessed it another POS. One dealer destroyed the engine trying to fix the AC. Finally a dealer got the AC fixed; but by 36,000 miles the engine sounded like a garbage disposal with bones in it. It only got 4-5MPG when towing, and about 14mpg when not towing. The complete power train was a joke. And the chairs in any F150 (from 2004-2008) were best describe as “water boarding”.

So have towed with a dozen friends’ diesels (every brand and model made), I went to a new with a new 2006 SuperDuty - $52,000 and a new Ford Dealer. It towed great, it always gets about 15MPG with or without the boat (very little change there), and had a good enough chair that would not paralyze you, so that work. But the AC was very lame (only sort of worked when it wanted to), and by 10,000 miles the batteries “ate” the truck. At first this was not covered under warranty – they called it a “maintenance” item (funny I paid them $80 for every oil change, and they claim they checked this on “every” visit)……….So me and the Ford Dealer had a very long talk. They fixed everything (and made the AC fantastic), lots of damage from those bad batteries, so they did spend a lot of money on it. They are still to this day putting in new batteries from time to time, because they just fail and leak or whatever (they don’t know why?). They are still doing this even though my truck is out of warranty. 50,000 miles now.

My Super Duty is in for service today. Finally getting new tires, and new door lock (break in). I have decided to keep it as long as I have the boat. But I have decided I will get another truck even if I sell the boat. And of course that means a Toyota……………..EXCEPT:

I sat in a new 2009 F150 – Finally someone at Ford has figured out how to make a chair that my Butt likes – I mean this chair must have come out of the best Lexus made!

1. It is finally fully adjustable in “any” position (even better than my current F250).

AND

2. The chair will now stay fully adjusted where ever you move it – the seat back and seat cushion stay as one unit and matches the person perfectly – this is a major improvement over the previous chairs.

And the fact Ford now has a “tranny” means the Ford F150 is in the hunt, AND if the Ford dealer can match my Toyota dealer on service quality……………well I may just have another choice for a truck!

I am an old guy, driven a couple of million miles yada yada yada. Just your average consumer in years gone by that had completely given up on Ford; because of sub standard service and sub standard POS products.

So during the 80’s and 90’s I went to Toyota’s and Honda’s and could not be happier. My closest Toyota, Lexus, Honda, and Acura dealers have all got to be the “Best Dealers in the World” – And they still are!

But in 2004 I got a 8,500 lb boat, so that meant a truck. Got a 2004 F150 $52,000 – yep you guessed it another POS. One dealer destroyed the engine trying to fix the AC. Finally a dealer got the AC fixed; but by 36,000 miles the engine sounded like a garbage disposal with bones in it. It only got 4-5MPG when towing, and about 14mpg when not towing. The complete power train was a joke. And the chairs in any F150 (from 2004-2008) were best describe as “water boarding”.

So have towed with a dozen friends’ diesels (every brand and model made), I went to a new with a new 2006 SuperDuty - $52,000 and a new Ford Dealer. It towed great, it always gets about 15MPG with or without the boat (very little change there), and had a good enough chair that would not paralyze you, so that work. But the AC was very lame (only sort of worked when it wanted to), and by 10,000 miles the batteries “ate” the truck. At first this was not covered under warranty – they called it a “maintenance” item (funny I paid them $80 for every oil change, and they claim they checked this on “every” visit)……….So me and the Ford Dealer had a very long talk. They fixed everything (and made the AC fantastic), lots of damage from those bad batteries, so they did spend a lot of money on it. They are still to this day putting in new batteries from time to time, because they just fail and leak or whatever (they don’t know why?). They are still doing this even though my truck is out of warranty. 50,000 miles now.

My Super Duty is in for service today. Finally getting new tires, and new door lock (break in). I have decided to keep it as long as I have the boat. But I have decided I will get another truck even if I sell the boat. And of course that means a Toyota……………..EXCEPT:

I sat in a new 2009 F150 – Finally someone at Ford has figured out how to make a chair that my Butt likes – I mean this chair must have come out of the best Lexus made!

1. It is finally fully adjustable in “any” position (even better than my current F250).

AND

2. The chair will now stay fully adjusted where ever you move it – the seat back and seat cushion stay as one unit and matches the person perfectly – this is a major improvement over the previous chairs.

And the fact Ford now has a “tranny” means the Ford F150 is in the hunt, AND if the Ford dealer can match my Toyota dealer on service quality……………well I may just have another choice for a truck!

What a story! You do have patience. I am a dyed-in-the-wool Ford lover, so I am happy to see you gave Ford a second chance. I have had the opposite experience with my Ford products/dealer. Somewhere around here there is a video comparison of the Toyota, GM and FORD trucks. I wish I coud direct you to it. Maybe someone will be able to find it for you.

Welcome back!

Oh! A chair worthy of my butt. :hysterical:

I was wondering what a chair worth of your butt was. Is that like, a lot of butt?

Here it is. <-----Link

Make sure you watch the whole thing. The Ford just chews them up. It's really a no brainer. For the record, the F-150 is the most reliable truck in any class, according to Consumer Reports. The new Tundra is dead last in the same study, and they don't recommend any Toyota truck with a V8.

Give Ford one last shot. They have the best product not only in quality, but also in features and workability. There's never been a better time to be a Ford guy.

Good luck, and enjoy the video. Hopefully you can stomach the Tundra almost ripping itself apart in the "Silver Creek" segment! :beerchug:

Edited by chiefstang

Oh! A chair worthy of my butt. :hysterical:

I was wondering what a chair worth of your butt was. Is that like, a lot of butt?

Here it is. <-----Link

Make sure you watch the whole thing. The Ford just chews them up. It's really a no brainer. For the record, the F-150 is the most reliable truck in any class, according to Consumer Reports. The new Tundra is dead last in the same study, and they don't recommend any Toyota truck with a V8.

Give Ford one last shot. They have the best product not only in quality, but also in features and workability. There's never been a better time to be a Ford guy.

Good luck, and enjoy the video. Hopefully you can stomach the Tundra almost ripping itself apart in the "Silver Creek" segment! :beerchug:

Cheif...you know this guy...52k for an 04 ring a bell?????????????????????????

Can't remember. Didn't notice that MSRP. Seems a little crazy. Refresh me...

it is crazy...a mistake I would presume....I don't remember them getting that high back then, low 40s is what i seem to remember, hell my 97 4x4 XLT super cab was pimped out and windowed for 27. ( hell didn't realize it was that long ago...LOVED that truck ) but the highest i've seen was 50k for an 08 King Ranch Surcrew with EVERY avail option....

Edited by Deanh

it is crazy...a mistake I would presume....I don't remember them getting that high back then, low 40s is what i seem to remember, hell my 97 4x4 XLT super cab was pimped out and windowed for 27. ( hell didn't realize it was that long ago...LOVED that truck ) but the highest i've seen was 50k for an 08 King Ranch Surcrew with EVERY avail option....

So where do I know him from? Was I mean in a previous thread????

Well this just shows you how defective my brain is - cant' remember crap no more.

The MSRP on the 04 F150 was 40,865, plus lineX, chrome step bars and ??

The MSRP on the 06 F250 was 50,310 plus lineX, monster window tint for TX sun, and 2 or 3 other things ??

You prolly notice my spelling aint too hip either.

Anyway the chairs in the new F150 are the cat's meow...........trust me my Butt knows, and its obviously smarter than me.

Got my F250 back yesterday and they waxed it all up like NEW, New Tire, New Door Lock. My Ford Dealer is finally acting like a real Lexus dealer..............AND that makes my life soooooooooooooo much easier. And the body shop lady was as sweet as pie.

Well this just shows you how defective my brain is - cant' remember crap no more.

The MSRP on the 06 F250 was 50,310 plus lineX, monster window tint for TX sun, and 2 or 3 other things ??

Anyway the chairs in the new F150 are the cat's meow...........trust me my Butt knows, and its obviously smarter than me.

Got my F250 back yesterday and they waxed it all up like NEW, New Tire, New Door Lock. My Ford Dealer is finally acting like a real Lexus dealer..............AND that makes my life soooooooooooooo much easier. And the body shop lady was as sweet as pie.

there ya go...now i'm at ease....and hey...i'm with you...BAD SPELLERS UNTIE.........I mean unite

Sweet truck. I'm glad to hear your dealership stepped up and is providing better service. Hopefully between the new product and a better dealership experience, Ford can earn your business.

I have have maintained since the begining that the dealer experience is what is costing Ford customers. Not the product itself.
I think its regional. Ford of Redlands gives us great service. My wife wanted the spoiler option for her 09 Escape. Turns out when the factory sent the wing and the accessories (nuts, bolts and mounting template) it did not have the template in it. After much "correspondence" b/w Redlands Ford and the factory, Redlands Ford just bought another spoiler and got it done. I doubt they made any $ In fact I am pretty sure they lost money. Edited by DUCKRACER

nope....but 52k is one HELL OF A SALES PRICE!!!!! LOL!

Soooo... How do I know him?? I'm confused.

I have have maintained since the begining that the dealer experience is what is costing Ford customers. Not the product itself.

:beatdeadhorse: Can we stop this? You can have a bad experience at any dealer. Ford. Chevy. Ferrari. If a customer has expectations that aren't met, they get pissed. Well guess what: NO customers expectations are met. It's how the dealer handles it that seperates them. Guess what. The douchebag that pissed you off at the Ford store probibly works for Hyundai now! Get over it! What do you do for a living? You never had a pissed of customer, or co-worker?!?! Did they get on the internet all day and act like a whiney bitch? Sorry, but you're consistently an idiot, and this stuff pisses me off. :finger:

Edited by chiefstang

Soooo... How do I know him?? I'm confused.

:beatdeadhorse: Can we stop this? You can have a bad experience at any dealer. Ford. Chevy. Ferrari. If a customer has expectations that aren't met, they get pissed. Well guess what: NO customers expectations are met. It's how the dealer handles it that seperates them. Guess what. The douchebag that pissed you off at the Ford store probibly works for Hyundai now! Get over it! What do you do for a living? You never had a pissed of customer, or co-worker?!?! Did they get on the internet all day and act like a whiney bitch? Sorry, but you're consistently an idiot, and this stuff pisses me off. :finger:

actually i'd agree with him to a certain extent...i don't know HOW many customers have voiced their dis-approval of our service drive operations ( barring a couple of writers ) and it DOES influence their future decisions...the sales dept here is NOT an issue...our sales staff are just plain great! GOOD people with scruples...

truth hurts, doesn't it?

you must work for one of the dirtbag dealers that give everyone else a bad name.

how do you look at yourself in the mirror?

Edited by J-150

actually i'd agree with him to a certain extent...i don't know HOW many customers have voiced their dis-approval of our service drive operations ( barring a couple of writers ) and it DOES influence their future decisions...the sales dept here is NOT an issue...our sales staff are just plain great! GOOD people with scruples...

and that's why your dealership continues to sell a lot of cars.

obviously shitstang doesn't get it. he's always in defense mode instead of making his customners happy.

age old adage in retail "if you don't make your customers happy, your competitor will"

The dealership experience is part of the problem. Sales customers are normally in a fairly good mood. They are going to buy a new vehicle and most people like new cars. They may not like the process, but they do like the result.

Service customers do not want to be there. In their mind, an oil change and rotation should take 15 minutes, they should have a free rental car with every service greater than a LOF. No one wants there car to break. They want an advisor to diagnosis their problem and they want the repair to be free.

People buy a Camry because it is vanilla. They don't fall in love with it, but they don't hate it. Their friends will not give them a hard time about the purchase. They feel they are making the "safe" purchase.

The dealership experience is part of the problem. Sales customers are normally in a fairly good mood. They are going to buy a new vehicle and most people like new cars. They may not like the process, but they do like the result.

Service customers do not want to be there. In their mind, an oil change and rotation should take 15 minutes, they should have a free rental car with every service greater than a LOF. No one wants there car to break. They want an advisor to diagnosis their problem and they want the repair to be free.

People buy a Camry because it is vanilla. They don't fall in love with it, but they don't hate it. Their friends will not give them a hard time about the purchase. They feel they are making the "safe" purchase.

the "dealership experience" is all of the above.

people want to feel like they were treated fairly during the sale.

they want the service advisors to listen to them when they describe the problem their car is having and they want the mechanic to fix it correctly the first time.

When the dealership staff cannot deliver these things, customers want honesty, not excuses or fabrications.

It's pretty simple really. A number of dealers (of all makes) get it. There are dealers (of all makes) that do not.

There are bad dealers have driven people away from Hyundais, Toyotas, BMWs and so on. I personally had a bad dealer experience with Toyota that will keep me from buying that make again. At the same time, my Ford dealer treats me well. Well, the service department doesn't, but the deler principal will intervene and make it right. So I continue to buy Fords.

and that's why your dealership continues to sell a lot of cars.

obviously shitstang doesn't get it. he's always in defense mode instead of making his customners happy.

age old adage in retail "if you don't make your customers happy, your competitor will"

I make plenty of customers happy. My closing percentage is way above the industry average. You don't survive at one store as long as I have by pissing off your neighbors. The drifters that get fired after a couple of months are typically the problem. Guys that slash and burn to make a quick buck before they go to the next dealer. Guess what. They're at the Toyota stores now, where the business is.

I close the majority of customers. You are not one of my customers, Jagoff-150. You're just a jagoff.

Defensive? When someone attacks me and calls me a vulture, or a scammer, you bet your ass I get defensive. I'm not your bitch. I work my deals with integrity, and treat my customers with respect.

But you're just another guy who "knows the business", right?

AND

$52,000 for an '04 F150???......I have a file cabinet full of Credit Default Swaps for sale :stirpot:

I make plenty of customers happy. My closing percentage is way above the industry average. You don't survive at one store as long as I have by pissing off your neighbors. The drifters that get fired after a couple of months are typically the problem. Guys that slash and burn to make a quick buck before they go to the next dealer. Guess what. They're at the Toyota stores now, where the business is.

I close the majority of customers. You are not one of my customers, Jagoff-150. You're just a jagoff.

Defensive? When someone attacks me and calls me a vulture, or a scammer, you bet your ass I get defensive. I'm not your bitch. I work my deals with integrity, and treat my customers with respect.

But you're just another guy who "knows the business", right?

like I give a flying f*ck what you think of me.

I highly doubt you have integrity by the way you conduct yourself.

No, I don't know the business from your side, but I do know it from my side, which si the side that pays the bills.

Sorry if the truth hurts shyster. Now get back to work and rip off someone else's grandmother.